Sign in to follow this  

F1 Multiplayer Career

I've had this idea while playing F1 with a friend about an Online Career mode which is similar to the career mode you have currently on single player but enhanced into an Online mode as you know online gaming is everything nowadays and i honestly believe this would boost sales. Imagine a world where you and your friend started as rookies with Torro Rosso and you both battle it out and at the end of the season you both got contract renewals and the season after that the better driver gets an offer from Mclaren or Lotus and now you both battle it out as different teams which adds to the competitiveness and makes it so much more enjoyable and you keep playing with new storylines and rivalries with the AI develop and maybe even drivers retiring and new randomly generated stars are born maybe that would be later but i think I'm on to something and  honestly believe this mode would redefine this game brand and would love to help you develop any story lines and know if the community agrees with me? This is my first post so yeah thank sleave some comments :) 

Well we need single player career restored first before we worry about creating an online version of it I think

Well we need single player career restored first before we worry about creating an online version of it I think
That's a valid point but what if they just simply merged this years career mode and make it online for this year anyways i.e you start with Verstappen and Ill be Sainz and we make our way up online together? But i completely agree they need to bring back the custom career  for single player but online has more profitability for them don't you think? 

That's a valid point but what if they just simply merged this years career mode and make it online for this year anyways i.e you start with Verstappen and Ill be Sainz and we make our way up online together? But i completely agree they need to bring back the custom career  for single player but online has more profitability for them don't you think? 
I think you drastically underestimate the importance, and the number of people who play offline.

I think you drastically underestimate the importance, and the number of people who play offline.

As do obviously CM I think amnd it's certainly going to hurt them when they find very little money coming in.

As do obviously CM I think amnd it's certainly going to hurt them when they find very little money coming in.
I don't think it's as much that they underestimate the user base, so much as they don't understand it. They put a lot into the creation of broadcast style presentation, because a lot of people wanted that and asked for it. But what they failed to realize was no one wanted it at the cost of career mode.

I don't think it's as much that they underestimate the user base, so much as they don't understand it. They put a lot into the creation of broadcast style presentation, because a lot of people wanted that and asked for it. But what they failed to realize was no one wanted it at the cost of career mode.
That too but you'd think that with the number of yearly sports games that come out all of which carry  a career mode as standard that it would be one of the last things they'd ditch guess we were wrong on that

Seems so.
Na I agree career mode needs to be restored on single player first but I'm saying it's easy to do a multiplayer career to improve on the co op championship they have too? I believe its been mis interprted what people wanted we want a broadcast feel with real faces etc but with our own person not the AI? But do you guys agree with the concept of my idea or am I being far feteched do you think? 

Seems so.
Na I agree career mode needs to be restored on single player first but I'm saying it's easy to do a multiplayer career to improve on the co op championship they have too? I believe its been mis interprted what people wanted we want a broadcast feel with real faces etc but with our own person not the AI? But do you guys agree with the concept of my idea or am I being far feteched do you think? 
For the moment it's a little far fetchedas I think C|M have to get the main game sorted first once it has though then maybe it can happen but it's probably something thaqt for me they'#ll  need to look at in maybe 2/3 years time once they've got 2015 and assuming they keep the license 2016(complete with Career mode I hope) out of the way first

Seems so.
I would love that in a co-op career. But if they can't even manage a single player career, we better at least hope that co-op career is still in the game at all.

But yes, I do wish they would expand on the co-op career. As it would be awesome to play with a friend and wind up on different teams (as we would because he's a Merc fanboy and I like Ferrari) and battling for the championship.

You just need to be more careful how you word your ideas. Downplaying the importance of offline play (whether you meant to or not) is not a good way to get people on your side lol. Esp right now while people are still reeling from the fact that career mode has been removed for 2015.

I spent much more time playing co-op around 5 seasons in 2012, which was prety awesome as my friend and I were racing pretty even.

I have a vague hope that co-op is to be found in F1 2015.

I reckon that the offline career must be a higher priority for CM and on that note I fear that co-op is ditched as well as career in F1 2015.

I totally understand the frustation regarding offline career being left out, it's so basic a feature that it should be available.