is there a way/mod to disable rain in Grand Prix/Championship/Career? The AI cheats in the rain.

there is no way to keep up with the AI in the wet. how do i disable weather? i mean you can do it in a single race, but for a championship the option is greyed out. why have the option there if youre not even free to choose if you want your cheating weather or not? if anyone knows how to go into the game files and turn rain off itd be greatly appreciated.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hiimdm said:

there is no way to keep up with the AI in the wet. how do i disable weather? i mean you can do it in a single race, but for a championship the option is greyed out. why have the option there if youre not even free to choose if you want your cheating weather or not? if anyone knows how to go into the game files and turn rain off itd be greatly appreciated.

I don't know but I am laughing at that message LOL :classic_laugh: And people say "there's nothing wrong with the AI in wet"... I don't know what game they are playing then, not F1 2019 at least.

But yeah what comes to the subject, at least in a vanilla game it is not possible to modify weather settings in Championship Season mode or Career mode. 

Edited by ZTheLightningZ

8 hours ago, hiimdm said:

People complained that the Ai was too slow in the rain so codies made them better. Obviously, codies couldn't just make them a bit better, they had to make them cheat. It's typical codies. They won't be "fixing" it. 

Do you know what the word cheat means? They don’t cheat they’re just flawless. We naturally get wheelspin and therefore have less traction whereas the AI make no mistakes and run the perfect laps each time. I don’t think intermediate conditions are that bad I hope they don’t swing the other way and make them as slow as pre patch.

Inter pace looks fine, but wet is undrivable without some kind of traction control and the AI does not similarly struggle. It's ridiculous.

• Agree 1

NOOOOO.......... STOP............ How many of these threads will there be? Some people are having trouble keeping up with the AI in the wet and some aren't. To many threads on the same discussion.  

8 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

NOOOOO.......... STOP............ How many of these threads will there be? Some people are having trouble keeping up with the AI in the wet and some aren't. To many threads on the same discussion.  

With respect, your driving on AI level 80.

Thats hardly challenging.

I'm not sure why driving at such a low level you have taken it upon yourself to declare all is fine with the AI. Your not exactly the most reliable person to clarify this.

Drive on a level where the AI are actually quick in the dry and you may find you struggle.

You said before you drive at level 80 as its comfortable to you but also you have been sim racing for 30 years.

Something doesn't stack up that someone could sim race for this long and still only be able to race at level 80.

Raise the level, then comment.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

Inter pace looks fine, but wet is undrivable without some kind of traction control and the AI does not similarly struggle. It's ridiculous.

Inters are fine to me. At least up to around level 102.

Wet weather less so 

My wheel is fairly decent so i feel the loss of grip quite well so it's not really that thats' the issue, just purely traction although altering to lean engine mode helped in some corners although that could be coincidence 

I did a race at Canada today. The race hit wet weather pace around halfway in. Transitioned toward intermediate conditions toward the end. Max Verstappen stayed out and was shockingly fast on the wets. He was even able to come back at me with a dive bomb in the dying laps of the race after I had overtaken him. (He didn't hold the position but the point is he shouldn't have been even the slightest threat by then.) That looks like a big clue to me that something is really wrong with the wet pace balance in this game.

I found that the AI in the wet seem to have much better traction from the standing start and in the corners, able to hit the apex and carry on at full throttle as if it's a dry track, and yet if I hit the apex and put on too much power, then the rear end snaps on me and I go for a spin, so have to feather the throttle in the corners, and so lose more time.