not change the front wing

I selected " change wing, yes " before the start the race. min. 3:49 entry in the box, selected to be sure that my wing changed, but the wing, as can be seen from the right side less green than the left, is not changed. situation to be corrected. @Faya

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

my mate had the same issue at the china race, he pitted 3 times and no frontwing change..

3 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

my mate had the same issue at the china race, he pitted 3 times and no frontwing change..

f1 2019 is the game of the year
  • Haha 1

I had this happen at Monaco.  I even when around for like 4-5 laps after I selected ‘Yes’ to change wing and radioed my pit in on the lap I was gonna come in and they didn’t change it.

Posted (edited)

This happens a lot when the damage indicator is slightly yellow. Now whenever I have damage, I always just slam it into the wall a second time to make sure it'll be damaged enough to be replaced 😛

Edited by Worntoathread

Yeah i noticed this. If it’s only very slightly damaged they wont change it. Very annoying and kind of makes having the option to select “yes” totally pointless!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

This happens a lot when the damage indicator is slightly yellow. Now whenever I have damage, I always just slam it into the wall a second time to make sure it'll be damaged enough to be replaced 😛

Yep I remember a Tiametmarduk video from the 2018 game with him saying he had to do the same. Another legacy bug not fixed!

EDIT: I say it's a bug because although minimal damage, it still affects driveability of the car. 😱🤦

Edited by martbloke

Posted (edited)

Just got done watching a replay of a race and this very subject come up. Pending in the type of damage and the severity of the damage the AI will decide if the wing need to be changed or not @advanceapple. Even though you asked for it to be changed. Pending on where the damage is on the wing and if the AI feels it won't slow your pace, then it stays on. Knowing this now I wonder if the AI is keeping track of the drivers performance.  

Edited by Striker_703

2 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Just got done watching a replay of a race and this very subject come up. Pending in the type of damage and the severity of the damage the AI will decide if the wing need to be changed or not even though you asked for it to be changed. Pending on where the damage is on the wing and if the AI feels it won't slow your pace, then it stays on. 

Yeah, that's a bad design choice though if not a bug, considering we have three options for wing replacement: Auto, Yes or No. What's the point if the game decides either way?

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Yeah, that's a bad design choice though if not a bug, considering we have three options for wing replacement: Auto, Yes or No. What's the point if the game decides either way?

First and for most the damage model in the ranked, and eSports lobbies are set to reduced, that may have something to do with it. The league I'm in even has race lobbies damage at reduced. Some wanted things easy, so you get what you asked for. Simple as that.   

On 8/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, Striker_703 said:

Just got done watching a replay of a race and this very subject come up. Pending in the type of damage and the severity of the damage the AI will decide if the wing need to be changed or not @advanceapple. Even though you asked for it to be changed. Pending on where the damage is on the wing and if the AI feels it won't slow your pace, then it stays on. Knowing this now I wonder if the AI is keeping track of the drivers performance.  

man, without any damage to the wing I was going 1 second 1.5 seconds faster. this year they did one **** after the other. they have no excuse to defend themselves.

Posted (edited)

Right now I am on P2 at Baku I clip my wing... I have been in the pit a few times changing settings but the pit crew have not changed my wing.. 

I playing GP not career so I should not have a problem with finance.

Besides crashing so my wing goes from light yellow to red I got no choice but to keep practicing... Lol

PS4 

Edited by Hygradeb

The  core damage model is great @advanceapple. What is troubling me is the me is the module that handles aerodynamics's. Is that module communicating with damage model correctly at the moment. My gut tells me that we're getting the simulation model even though the damage model is set to reduced. If that makes any sense. Can't think at the moment lol.      

I had a similar issue in Baku, not with the front wing but with the tyres I chose

My initial strategy was a 2 stopper (soft -> medium -> soft), my engineer suggested soft -> soft -> medium, which I accepted. Then I changed my mind again and swiched my next tyres manually back to medium.
And somehow, after I pitted for the first time, I was on the soft

20 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

The  core damage model is great @advanceapple. What is troubling me is the me is the module that handles aerodynamics's. Is that module communicating with damage model correctly at the moment. My gut tells me that we're getting the simulation model even though the damage model is set to reduced. If that makes any sense. Can't think at the moment lol.      

this game haven't sense

Yeah. I've had similar issues in qualifying where it hasn't changed the front wing.