Sign in to follow this  

Lancia Delta S4 RX Handling..

I ask everyone if they have encountered the same problem..

Lancia Delta S4 RX seems to have oversteer problems, entering and leaving the curves, almost like an RWD! It seems to me very difficult to control, compared to all other gr.B RX Cars. I don't use any kind of driving assistance.

What do you think? If many people have this problem, is it possible to review the physics of this car to make it more manageable? Thank's.

• Agree 1

default set up for it is terrible. also you need to learn to drive it for a while. with tweaks and practice its not that bad to drive.

the main problem is dialing out the front end. then its just about throttle and brake control.

• Agree 1

I've already tried to change the settings to make it more drivable, but I couldn't solve anything. Rally version is much more manageable, so I think the problem is the physics of RX version. It seems that traction is unbalanced to the rear, as I said before, it looks like an RWD!

Peugeot 205 T16 for example, I can control it much better, and she was also a real monster car!

tweak settings practice with throttle and brakes. its fine with practice.

on rx i will lower it make everything as rigid as possible then tighten diffs. it drives fine then but...the throttle control needs to be right or you gunna be in a mess.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is: 

RX version has the same features as Rally version, same power, same weight.. so why doesn't it have the same handling?

1 hour ago, Deltone91 said:

RX version has the same features as Rally version, same power, same weight.. so why doesn't it have the same handling?

because it was modified for RX in real life and is different in the game too.

keep in mind that the real-life versions of the Group B cars varied hugely in their power outputs, and so did the RX variants. the figures in the game are just the official ones or whatever.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Deltone91 said:

I have already raised this with PJ, so I think it has been fed back to the team and I hope that the Group B RX cars will all be looked at. 

In Codemasters defence, I don't think there are any rallycross specification Delta S4's in existence to use as a reference point. 

Edited by tbtstt

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I have already raised this with PJ, so I think it has been fed back to the team and I hope that the Group B RX cars will all be looked at. 

In Codemasters defence, I don't think there are any rallycross specification Delta S4's in existence to use as a reference point. 

They could at least make the RS200 Evolution a bit more competitive. It has the longest wheelbase, it's the biggest and heaviest of them and has just 450 HP. Useless this way. Needs way more power to compensate the weight. Of course only, if that was the case in real life at some point. Someone said, it had way more than 500 HP?

And are there really no RX Delta S4's left? All converted back to rally configuration? What do you guys think how many Delta S4's are still out there?

• Agree 1

many cars get converted back to normal config as they are worth more. lancia s4s can run 1000bhp so can rs200s. just depends what they have had done to them. as said practice play about with the set ups. the lancia can be made quite easy to drive with practice and tweaks. the rs200 can also be very fast but generally its like the metro 2 secs behind the pug 205 t16 and the lancia. depends who has run the event and if its a proper run.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

They could at least make the RS200 Evolution a bit more competitive. It has the longest wheelbase, it's the biggest and heaviest of them and has just 450 HP. Useless this way. Needs way more power to compensate the weight. Of course only, if that was the case in real life at some point. Someone said, it had way more than 500 HP?

And are there really no RX Delta S4's left? All converted back to rally configuration? What do you guys think how many Delta S4's are still out there?

Yeah, the RX RS200 is described as the "Evolution", but has the wrong engine displacement stated (should be 2.1L) and not enough power (the Evolution produced 600 BHP initially and this figure rose in rallycross). 

As @dgeesi0 said there is often more value in the cars in rally specification, so many have been converted back. There are a few period(ish) specification RS200 and 6R4 about though, along with a very accurate reproduction 205 T16 in France. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, the RX RS200 is described as the "Evolution", but has the wrong engine displacement stated (should be 2.1L) and not enough power (the Evolution produced 600 BHP initially and this figure rose in rallycross). 

As @dgeesi0 said there is often more value in the cars in rally specification, so many have been converted back. There are a few period(ish) specification RS200 and 6R4 about though, along with a very accurate reproduction 205 T16 in France. 

Would be the RS200 Evolution overpowered in that class with 600 BHP?

2 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Would be the RS200 Evolution overpowered in that class with 600 BHP?

Possibly, but I would argue that it (and the 6R4) should be best in class as they developed into the weapons of choice in rallycross. 

• Agree 2