Sign in to follow this  

Jeff turns into an american šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Was playing at spa and this happened guys . Quite funny to hear jeff and he said SHE . what's going on here codiesĀ 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

I had thisĀ yesterday.Ā 

When your the only one in the house and you hear an unfamiliar voice its a little off puttingĀ 

@issueskidĀ or alternatively @davidjgurneyĀ (You'll most likely see this after some months :P)
There have been a few reports about this but I don't know if there is currently a bug report out there. It still may be worth the while to take a look at this šŸ™‚Ā 

It doesn't sound. It's sound like a recording from a phone. Plus the voice said she. I never heard Jeff say 'She'

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I think it's a placeholder text-to-speech bot, probably used during developmentĀ for lines that hadn't been recorded yet.Ā I've heard two of these now and in bothĀ of them Jeff's addressingĀ female drivers, IĀ don't think I've ever heard an actual record line for that.. Interesting and pretty funny to hear this though.Ā 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, TRJoey said:

Ā 

Was playing at spa and this happened guys . Quite funny to hear jeff and he said SHE . what's going on here codiesĀ 

What? You trying to say that Americans sound like robots?

LoL

• Agree 1

The is female characters in career this year so could be something to do with thatĀ 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

It doesn't sound. It's sound like a recording from a phone. Plus the voice said she. I never heard Jeff say 'She'

I know that's so strange. Trust me it isn't a recording mate. Genuine game soundĀ 

Sounds to me like a robotic speech engine reading text out. As in the Stephen Hawking voice box. If you listen closely you can tell it's reading word for word. Jeff voice actor probably not available so someone thought they'd use the robot instead.... Meh noone will ever notice lol!Ā 

• Haha 1

I just had it today playing at Monaco. I thought someone had hacked my PS4 šŸ˜‚

Yea he did for me only lasted for Few seconds..

It's like the no sound bug.. it comes and goes

That's literally Microsoft David voice in Text-to-Speech. LOL.

Not sure if it's just a "fallback" when recorded lines don't exist, or did Codemasters think they could get away without recording a few lines regarding female drivers?

I had it in my Online League Race Friday evening at Singapore.

Qualie No. 2 , I had no Sound whatsover.

Qualie No. 3 , sound was back and I ended P6.

Ā 

But come Race Time, I had this weird voice in my ear , always adressing everyone as she.....

I've had this twice now in online races. The amount of buggy code that's released in patches beggars belief. Only happened since 1.08.

2 hours ago, mantazzo said:

That's literally Microsoft David voice in Text-to-Speech. LOL.

Not sure if it's just a "fallback" when recorded lines don't exist, or did Codemasters think they could get away without recording a few lines regarding female drivers?

They could've used Michael Fassbender as 'David' from Prometheus / Alien:Covenant....

Ā