Telemetry and keyboard support for consoles, please

Hello,

It looks like the marketing director has left very recently..... maybe related to the VR stuff and the difficult launch of DiRT 2 (FFB issues), or maybe not but thats not the point of this thread.

I have regularly posted the same question over and over (at each patch in fact, sorry for being repetitive, so quite a few times) on features missing on the consoles : keyboard support and UDP telemetry. I understand that if consoles are 1% of the sales, and that only 1% of console gamers are interested in the feature, then it is useless. But I hope that console sales is higher than 1% and it looks like I'm not the only one asking those features. Keyboard is supported on DiRT Rallye, and some of your games support UDP on consoles (I implemented F1 2017 for XSim). Why not DiRT 2.0 ? The data is always formatted the same way in all your games and is ready to be sent for god's sake ! It is just one config item away in the UI (target IP address as in F1) or even no config at all if using UDP broadcast as some other games are doing....

Could we get a clear statement on the console support for keyboard and telemetry (just like the "no VR on consoles for DiRT 2" which is clear) ? What will be the direction the new marketing director will take ? Support more racers using consoles ... or not ? Offer same experience no matter the hardware platform (consoles vs PC, oculus vs other VR headset) or not ? 

Thanks for taking time to read this, hoping I'll get some answers.

Vincent.

There were no ffb issues at launch. Some people have created issues, whined, wrote 1-star reviews etc. Consequently the best rally game ever made was very nearly tanked by a few militant individuals.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, vinceps34 said:

It looks like the marketing director has left very recently..... maybe related to the VR stuff and the difficult launch of DiRT 2 (FFB issues), or maybe not but thats not the point of this thread.

first, I'd like some proof that this person has actually left.

second, assuming they did so because some customers think one game performed badly is honestly pretty ignorant.

the rest of your post is irrelevant to the title. the marketing director has nothing to do with any of these things - even if it is true they are being replaced, and even if it is true they are being replaced for things you thought were bad in DR2 (which is extremely unlikely)

end thread.

• Agree 1

As @ianism said, I think you may be overestimating the job role of a marketing director.

That said, if it potentially stops them paying a fortune for TV ads and investing in the games more, I'm all for it...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Salvador17 said:

There were no ffb issues at launch. Some people have created issues, whined, wrote 1-star reviews etc. Consequently the best rally game ever made was very nearly tanked by a few militant individuals.

And there are no issues right now too. Lol

33 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

And there are no issues right now too. Lol

Now there really are issues -- all caused by the loudmouths steering the ffb in the wrong direction. 

Posted (edited)

Fair enough. The news will probably relayed soon enough, but when someone publishes on his linkedin profile that today was his last day , etc etc.... and I didn't personnaly complain on FFB. In the company I work in, some product and marketing directors were fired due to bad results of apps that didnt math the target a couple of month after launch, so I'm not that ignorant.... sorry.

@RodgerDavies is right, I'm probably overestimating the marketing director role in this case, as it is more technical than marketing. Agreed. If we can now go back to the initial question which was around telemetry and keyboard support I'd be gratefull if someone from CM could give info on this.

Topic renamed to be more technical

Edited by vinceps34
  • Like 1