Sign in to follow this  

Ranking and website

Will there soon be a website to follow all rankings online with a filter by categories of cars / tracks / etc..... without launching the game

thanks

Posted (edited)

Normally they have a racenet website, but it has no dirt game listed. But if they ever plan something like this officially, then I would say, that it appears there. 

Btw:

These rankings are mostly totally useless. 

There are many guys who increase the gamma level in game for night drives. Then it looks like a modern night vision and they see everything while the true/fair drivers have a dark night, maybe without any light from their car because of a previous crash. That's such a huge difference. 

Then it's mixed with drive assists and non-assists etc etc etc

First they should separate some things. 

Edited by DessIntress

4 hours ago, DessIntress said:

Then it's mixed with drive assists and non-assists etc etc etc

Assists can't make you faster, they are a useless filter. As for the gamma levels, eh. Sure it works but there are plenty of people out there whose pace is almost the exact same regardless of conditions - being maybe 5 seconds slower on a Long/Night stage than in the day. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Assists can't make you faster, they are a useless filter. As for the gamma levels, eh. Sure it works but there are plenty of people out there whose pace is almost the exact same regardless of conditions - being maybe 5 seconds slower on a Long/Night stage than in the day. 

Sure, there is no speed assist  but you can get much more trouble without all the assists. That's why they are called assists. Many people would fall down the rankings without their assists. At least in the first few times.

Only 5seconds difference for a night drive with maximum gamma and a drive with car lights or even no lights. I don't know your screen settings but, nope... Never if it's adjusted correct and not anyway too bright. (what's the next well-known problem) 

Edited by DessIntress

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DessIntress said:

Only 5seconds difference for a night drive with maximum gamma and a drive with car lights or even no lights

Nope, I just am damn consistent in basically any location but Poland (I loath Poland). I run a gamma of 1.1 in game, pretty much everything on High/Ultra except for crowds. Monitor is the Acer Predator 34" Ultrawide at 100hz. Was literally doing it last night in MP customs, we'd hit a stage and I'd be around the 3:30 mark for a day run and around 3:37 for the night/showers run for the same stage in Wales. Did the same thing in Germany the very next event and the times were almost dead even in the dry (the lobby liked to run stages twice, one day and one night).

And yes I had lights - no **** sherlock. No one will ever argue running at night without lights will be the same pace.

If you listen to your calls and know the stages decently (I have 400+ hours) your pace really shouldn't change much. I also chase WRs pretty much daily, so my pace has to be consistent. I won't say I'm not a bit slower in night, but nothing dramatic.

Edited by Mike Dee

Your monitor should also have some settings. But well, however... This already proofs how much improvements some people could get while some have almost non improvement for specific reasons. 

Even one good guy with these improvements would be enough to destroy the upper ranking like any other cheater on steam. 

I'm no noob, I've also many many hours played. But the thing is that you can't implement your experience here. See it from a more noobish view, not from a view of someone with hundreds of hours in all the past dirt games and other racers. 90-98% of todays players are casuals. That's in almost all games the case. So even if it doesn't affect the top 10 or top 100, it still affects other people. And these ranks shouldn't be so worthless. 

Btw some locations are also darker than others. All in all there are many factors which affect many people. And that's the reason why I'm not really interested in rankings. 

15 minutes ago, DessIntress said:

Your monitor should also have some settings.

My monitors are setup to produce the deepest, darkest blacks possible. I absolute hate light bleed and basically setup my monitors to be "media creation platforms" - ie the most true to color possible. (I also do digital editing so I can't be bothers to constantly flip values on my monitors every half hour just to make the game easier to see)

If you really want I can go check my values after work, but I can say I have done absolutely nothing to adjust my monitors for Dirt Rally 2.0 aside from bump up the ingame gamma to 1.1 since it made a few of the HDR problems mostly go away. I don't have HDR, so the high contrast in the lighting can almost blackout parts of the screen; 1.1 makes at least majority of the details still discernible. 

19 minutes ago, DessIntress said:

This already proofs how much improvements some people could get while some have almost non improvement for specific reasons. 

Literally the only visual improvement I have over others is a setting they can change too - it is in game. Unless you want to say my 100hz refresh is an advantage? Or my ultrawide with correct FoV settings?

The point is in the end trying to filter things like this doesn't really add too much. You can't check people's screen values, you never could in any game, so you have to assume some degree of compliance and good faith. They already have assist filters, platform filters, and wheel/gamepad filters, anything else is just excessive.

Which gets to your final point - you really don't care about rankings. There is no point in trying to filter rankings if they are implemented because there are too many variables you'd have to consider. If you do ranks you just do it very simple and straightforward; you win or place above your "current MMR" you move up, if you place below it then you move down. Ignore everything else because no one will ever agree on what should/shouldn't change your rank, or how much it should impact it. 

19 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

They already have assist filters, platform filters, and wheel/gamepad filters, anything else is just excessive.

You forgot the friends filter 🙃

I also would like a region filter, to see how good I am in my country.

1 minute ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

You forgot the friends filter 🙃

I also would like a region filter, to see how good I am in my country.

You are implying I have friends to filter by :classic_laugh:

But yeah, a country or maybe even region filter could be cool. See how you rank up against NA for example. Not sure how fine everyone in the EU would want it, per country/region or is EU good enough?

11 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

You are implying I have friends to filter by :classic_laugh:

But yeah, a country or maybe even region filter could be cool. See how you rank up against NA for example. Not sure how fine everyone in the EU would want it, per country/region or is EU good enough?

Well, if EU exclude the skandinaviens, then yes :classic_laugh:

There are just too many of them on the leaderboards, especially finns :classic_biggrin:

A filter by country would be the best I think. And really easy to implement since they only need to filter the flags.

But well, I just have 2 friends on my friendslist playing DR2.0, but very rarely and these 2 are not good enough for me. Not that I'm a pro in that game. Too inconsistent and have no clue about setups.

So if someone wants to add me on xbox live, my gamertag is PlattfussGDfan 😉

But no random game invites, I'm a solo gamer, just for leaderboards.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

they only need to filter the flags.

Actually this is a really good idea that should be pretty basic to implement. Definitely like the simplicity of it, but I do think a regional filter could be cool. I always wanted to do a huge structured club/league where you work your way up from local -> regional/national[us/eu] -> national/regional[us/eu] -> internationals. So having extra filters for location wouldn't bother me one bit

• Like 1