Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Why is this forum called "Technical Assistance"?

I am very confused by the forum title - Codemasters has failed to provide me with any technical assistance at all!!!!

The game still refuses to run in DX12 and my PC exceeds all of the recommended specs and is brand new - configured specifically for this so called F1 2019 sim. Absolutely no answers from Codemasters. What a joke and now way to receive any form of compensation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Taiecosell said:

I am very confused by the forum title - Codemasters has failed to provide me with any technical assistance at all!!!!

The game still refuses to run in DX12 and my PC exceeds all of the recommended specs and is brand new - configured specifically for this so called F1 2019 sim. Absolutely no answers from Codemasters. What a joke and now way to receive any form of compensation.

I've built 3 different PCs and they all ran F1 2019 first time of asking. Seems many of the issues are with Nvidia cards.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I've built 3 different PCs and they all ran F1 2019 first time of asking. Seems many of the issues are with Nvidia cards.

I have a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GPU. I have to say the response from them has been just as bad as Codemasters - absolutely nothing. I worked for may years managing the development of realtime aircraft tracking systems technology that is deployed around the world. Happy that we had a different concept for customer and systems support! Looks like it is back to the Xbox and junk the PC.

3 minutes ago, Taiecosell said:

I have a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GPU. I have to say the response from them has been just as bad as Codemasters - absolutely nothing. I worked for may years managing the development of realtime aircraft tracking systems technology that is deployed around the world. Happy that we had a different concept for customer and systems support! Looks like it is back to the Xbox and junk the PC.

Looking at the GeForce Forums it would seem many issues are with the drivers (and lack of) surrounding the launch of the RTX cards and the SUPER branded ranges.

It's not just this game, but that in no way excuses Codemasters for failing to communicate these issues as even older cards that don't support RT have issues with their drivers.

ACC is another game that is distancing itself from implementing RT when they said they would initially and many games are not running well or crashing.

I installed the recently released Nvidia driver and the game now runs in DX 12. Very happy. Seems the driver install did the trick. For the record, absolutely fabulous support from Nvidia. They answered my query the very next day and their suggestions were really helpful. They were also really interested in how the problem resolved its self. Qudos to them. Also for the record - absolutely no response from Codemasters or Gigabyte!

Edited by Taiecosell
Typo

14 hours ago, Taiecosell said:

I installed the recently released Nvidia driver and the game now runs in DX 12. Very happy. Seems the driver install did the trick. For the record, absolutely fabulous support from Nvidia. They answered my query the very next day and their suggestions were really helpful. They were also really interested in how the problem resolved its self. Qudos to them. Also for the record - absolutely no response from Codemasters or Gigabyte!

Your experience isn't canonical.

I get very good technical feedback from Gigabyte. There's not a lot they can do with a Graphics card once it's manufactured, they all work (or don't work at all well) with reference drivers. Basically you would only get to experience Gigabyte CS if you were unable to exercise your warranty via your retailer.

Plus I don't think updating or clean installing drivers is all that technical.

Edited by steviejay69

"Need help with something technical? Get technical assistance from your fellow players in this forum."

Is the forum description 🙂 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

"Need help with something technical? Get technical assistance from your fellow players in this forum."

Is the forum description 🙂 

OK, apologies, but nevertheless Codemasters' personnel do appear here on this forum from time to time; and, for the record, in other venues they have steadfastly refused to respond to any of my formal requests for help, as did Gigabyte. Nvidia on the other hand provided exemplary support.

11 hours ago, Taiecosell said:

OK, apologies, but nevertheless Codemasters' personnel do appear here on this forum from time to time; and, for the record, in other venues they have steadfastly refused to respond to any of my formal requests for help, as did Gigabyte. Nvidia on the other hand provided exemplary support.

For reasons outlined above....

Graphics card partner. Retailer warranty. Manufacturer (Gigabyte) warranty where retail warranty route is unavailable (retailer insolvent) with PoP. Manufacturer does not provide technical support, drivers (and support) are from Graphics card hardware designers.

Edited by steviejay69