Sign in to follow this  

Automatic Transmission for "upshifts" and "downshifts"

Hi.

I'd like to see another two options por gear change. Automatic for upshifts only and for downshifts only. I make this request because the upshift gear paddle of my steering wheel is broken, and i like to play with a manual gearbox.

Thanks for reading.

And if you will tell me "buy another steering wheel", give me the money and i'll do it without any problem.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I've already make that, but i need all the buttons, and changing it, will change my driving style like a lot.

54 minutes ago, Gabhyxx said:

I've already make that, but i need all the buttons, and changing it, will change my driving style like a lot.

Fix the broken button. Plenty of tuts out there on YT for all wheels. Will cost pennies, especially a DFGT.

• Agree 2

On 8/19/2019 at 10:48 AM, Gabhyxx said:

Well it sounds like you already have to change your driving style a lot with the broken button, so either fixing it or changing buttons is all you can do. Obviously no developer is going to make changes to help out just 1 person. Good luck! 

As my left hand is not that functional i have to shift with my right hand only, i have set the upshift on the upper-right button of my wheel (G27) and downshift on the right paddle, but man after a session my thump hurts like hell and i'm constantly late-upshifting or missing the gears:classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, farjam1990 said:

As my left hand is not that functional i have to shift with my right hand only, i have set the upshift on the upper-right button of my wheel (G27) and downshift on the right paddle, but man after a session my thump hurts like hell and i'm constantly late-upshifting or missing the gears:classic_biggrin:

Sounds like the Thrustmaster F1 rim could help you out with that, the paddles click in both directions so you can shift up and down on either side with the same paddle if you want. I don't think the rim's compatible with Logitech though unfortunately.

Edited by Worntoathread