Please add in car gear indicator for all cars

Please add indicators to the dashboard in each car (like the one in the 60s mini maybe?) so it's no longer necessary to change HUD settings for some cars.  Cars like the FWD Golf have no indicator which does not help when driving with sequential gears.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

They should remove all the gear indicators from all the cars which never ever used them, to make interiors full authentic.

Who need this should use SimHUB with an independant screen (for example Phone or tablet)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

On 8/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, mesa said:

They should remove all the gear indicators from all the cars which never ever used them, to make interiors full authentic.

Who need this should use SimHUB with an independant screen (for example Phone or table

Elitist rubbish.  Second screen isn't an option when you're in VR and the game should cater consistently for all players, including those of us who use sequential gears.  I'd have no issue with being able to toggle the indicator on/off for all cars, but the lack of consistency is an issue.

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Wow, imagine being the kind of **** that wants fewer people to enjoy this amazing game. Not much of a rally lover tbh.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I see no point of you.
You're wearing a VR  because you want the feeling that you are sitting in a real rally car, arent't you?

But IRL Asconas had no gear indicators...
So if CM should add a *** gear indicator to the dashboard you would feel you are playing a game only, because IRl those cars had no *** gear indicators.
Logic...

• Disagree 2

I couldn't care less.  Convenience/accessibility ahead of slavish realism.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

11 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Convenience/accessibilityÔĽŅ ahead of slavish realism.

Then you should not drive a rally simulator. Convience wasn't an option for a rally car. Pure realism is against all player-friendly solution in a racing simulator.
Learn to listen to your engine sound to know when have to change a gear.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4

It's nothing to do with when to change gear, it's to do with which gear you're in.  That's so obvious I'm surprised I need to say it.

I'm surprised by this attitude and that anyone else would agree with it, ultimately this is a game and it should be as accessible as possible to anyone who wants to play it.

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Disagree 2

I'd love UDP support for console to use phone as a simple speedo & gear indicator.

A customizable HUD ala PCars2 could work too. Current widget is too big and too far away. Turning head to look at it breaks depth perception and creates a weird little moment of vertigo.

I'd say the less realistic scenario is having no idea what gear you're in. Real life drivers have the advantage of peripheral vision and non-fused neck vertebrae. ūüėā

We already have a user interface you can toggle on or off. If you don't want to it's your loss, I like the authenticity in the cars.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Yeah, I'm sure the 60s mini had that indicator, totally authentic.  The inconsistency makes no sense.

Bunch of entitled, elitist snobs on this forum.  Shouldn't be a surprise from the standard of posting.

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Disagree 3

I agree with mesa saying that they should remove all the gear indicators from all the cars which never ever used them.

Also we're not the ones demanding a feature, so who is the one acting all entitled here? Get a grip.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I'm not demanding a feature, I'm asking for a feature that's already there to be consistently applied across all cars.

• Disagree 4

Disagree all you like, this sub forum is for people to make suggestions for the game. Go and make your own thread if you don't agree instead of shitting up mine. Codemasters won't do anything anyway so we'll all be disappointed. 

• Disagree 4

I'd love it if they added this (as they did with the first game) just to annoy the sim racing elitist idiots ūüĎć

• Disagree 3

On 8/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, mesa said:

Who need this should use SimHUB with an independant screen (for example Phone or tablet)

Real cars did not use SimHub. So much for full authentic

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Real cars did not use SimHub. So much for full authentic

Can you read it again?  "Who need this" ...

• Agree 1

personnaly i listen the motor when i change the gear  but codemasters add gear  in option ,  example is possible to remove the wheel when you drive in onboard , is possible  codemastters add the gear in option too why not  for the futur . so if you want drive authentic car you remove gear in option or if you the gear add this option 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gk9147 said:

personnaly i listen the motor when i change the gear  but codemasters add gear  in option ,  example is possible to remove the wheel when you drive in onboard , is possible  codemastters add the gear in option too why not  for the futur . so if you want drive authentic car you remove gear in option or if you the gear add this option 

Exactly!  Why not have the option for both, shouldn't be a huge hassle to setup and would make the game more consistent.  All the cars from the first game had this feature, so I don't understand why CM haven't been consistent in DR2.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I don't mind if users should be able to hide them from the dashboard if they want an authentic look and other users should use them onboard via menu settings by their own preferences
But i think Cm has no code to hide or to show elements in the interior (yet) << Eurotruck simulator 2 can handle this well

• Disagree 1