Sign in to follow this  

Co-driver sound

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my co-driver sound. My computer is: i7 8700k, 16 Gb DDR4, 1080ti and 5.1 sound system. I’m using every time the cockpit view.

I can’t hear my co-driver so well, so I’m moving the sliders in sound options and nothing change. The co-driver sound is too low...

Is there a way to solve this bug?? Or is it my system?

Thanks!

• Agree 1

I think I found the problem... My problem was my 5.1 system sound. All the speakers are working fine, but I don't know why Dirt2 send the co-driver to the central speaker.

So, the "patch" is change my system sound from 5.1 to 4.0. Now the co-drivers sound is ok... I lost the bass system, but dirt2 is more important.

Cheers!

On 8/21/2019 at 5:29 PM, E69Korrea said:

I think I found the problem... My problem was my 5.1 system sound. All the speakers are working fine, but I don't know why Dirt2 send the co-driver to the central speaker.

So, the "patch" is change my system sound from 5.1 to 4.0. Now the co-drivers sound is ok... I lost the bass system, but dirt2 is more important.

Cheers!

It's done this way to allow people to put on a separate amp on the center channel (in part) or to connect headphones for co-driver.  Also AFAIK because it just makes sense for codriver to be on center speaker.

It's a very useful feature.

Posted (edited)

IMO it doesn't make any sense. It's, however, a cinematic technique where all main dialogues are played back by center channel. It's good for a movie, when you are observer. Not for 1st person action where you are the character.

In reality a driver hears a co-driver through headphones, therefore should be played back by L/R channels, not by single central channel up front of a driver.

And tell me who does hardwire headphones to a center channel, lol... If devs wanted to give possibility to connect separate device for co-pilot sound, they would have added a playback device selector to the game instead of this cheap hack.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl