Multiplayer ranked race gets stuck on waiting for other players [SG]

In three different races it gets stuck on the waiting screen before lights out. Only one player takes off but everyone else can't move.

20190818_211028.jpg

You're lucky you got loaded in. Most lobbies hang because people keep leaving or haven't been registered as leaving and the game waits for them.

Hi @burningAPOLLO,

We've had a couple of isolated reports of this. Are you able to confirm what platform you are on and let us know anything that might have happened prior to this (what session / track did you come from, did any players join or leave, etc.)? If you are able to provide video footage showing the lead up to this incident (from the previous race session) that would be really helpful.

Thanks.

My experience was the same as the OP, if it happens again I will try to record it.

To answer your questions for the time it happened to me:

On Xbox One, racing at Germany I believe, online Ranked. Nothing notable happened from the previous session that I remember.

There was 16 people plus me, qualification was fine, the countdown finishes and the list of people on the right goes as if we are going to get the HUD up and prep for manual start but then the list comes back up on the right side waiting for one person to connect, and Awaiting Players on the left with the spinning circle. It was that person we were waiting for to connect was the only one that could move.

I waited and counted his laps and he had done 6 by the time I quit so him completing the 5 lap race didn't close the session and it looked like he was still in control of the car, AI hadn't taken over.

The cars on the grid were solid too as he hit me as he set off so we weren't ghosts or anything to him. A few of the people that quit out before me (I was the last to quit) turned to ghosts and the AI started to run them around the track, but that was only about 4 or 5 of the cars.

The only other thing I can think of (but I don't think it is relevant) is that the person who was able to move was voted by a couple of people to be kicked when in the lobby screen, no where near enough votes for it to pass though.

@Hoo It happened on ps4. The races were Brazil, Bahrain and Russia. It happened the same way @DarrenAH just explained. During the three incidents it was the exact same player that was able to move know as arildo 1987. I ended up losing around 300 skill rate because the only way to leave was to close out the game.

Posted (edited)

Our Scenario Yesterday evening League Racing at Abu Dhabi:

Played a Custom Lobby 50 % Race with Full Qualification on PS 4 for our League.

The Host lost connection in Q1 (My Co-commentator, but never dropped from the Party Chat) , and the host was subsequently bounced to someone else.

The rest of the Qualies proceeded as normal , and then the Formation Lap also took place with no Issues.

BUT , as everyone parked off the cars in formation on the grid , there was a pause, and then everyone showed as ready on the player list on the side except on guy with the swirling circle next to his name.

We confirmed with him, that on his view he sat ready willing and able to race on the Track.

I`m guessing he was the lucky fellow that the hosting rights fell to , and then something went wrong with his connection and then the whole 20 Car Lobby was stuck in Limbo.

He doesnt have a very strong connection himself , (8Mb ADSL Line) , it would actually be very helpfull if we can manually chose who the fallback host of a Lobby can be, as its defnitly not the player that joins first upon Lobby Setup , neither is it the guy with the fastest connection.

After 5 minutes of the issue not resolving , we backed out by Quitting the game and made up a Custom Grid. 

The above Reset and Custom Grid Solution cannot be done with Online League Lobbies, yet another reason why we dont run our Leagues on it.

Edited by AcidBurn247

Hey good video but if you want something to be done probably best if you describe the problem in the thread itself, preferably title if you can edit it. There are so many random thread titles just saying bug or issue Codies might not even bother reading them. As I'm already here I will say issue seems to be :

Online (no idea what kind of race ranked or unranked etc) full grid most cars stuck after lights out except several allowed to race normally. Problem may or may not last the whole race. 

You could fill in the missing details maybe? 

:classic_smile:

I've merged two threads which appear to be about the same issue.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Hey good video but if you want something to be done probably best if you describe the problem in the thread itself, preferably title if you can edit it. There are so many random thread titles just saying bug or issue Codies might not even bother reading them. As I'm already here I will say issue seems to be :

Online (no idea what kind of race ranked or unranked etc) full grid most cars stuck after lights out except several allowed to race normally. Problem may or may not last the whole race. 

You could fill in the missing details maybe? 

:classic_smile:

I honestly have no idea what happened, but I suspect it might have to do with the steam overlay, in the austria race anyway. I can't tell for the guy in the baku race, as he isn't sure but he thinks he was talking to someone on steam right before too. The races were unranked lobbies, though the baku race was a league race and had to be restarted because of this. Once the driving players disconnect the race starts normally but their cars disappear, so they have to wait for the race to be over. It happens quite frequently so if more footage is needed, I can certainly get some. Could also try to reproduce the issue if that is useful.

On 8/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, Hoo said:

I've merged two threads which appear to be about the same issue.

Thank you for that!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Happened to me again, Spain this time - XBOX One, Ranked 5 lap race

I have a video spliced together 2 separate clips so the join might look a bit funny. I know its long but you can skip about a minute in the middle when I'm on the grid with no HUD.

Also, the person that comes from behind me is Santi Mun3z 87, I'm not sure about the position of any of the other drivers.

Edited by DarrenAH

Canada - Xbox One, Ranked 5 lap race

As you can see when you get to the end of the clip the person we are waiting for quits the session and the races starts as normal for the remaining players

Xbox one unranked 5 laps race 

Everybody was stucked except one car. Dont know why but after 5 minutes It worked properly and everybody did the race.

Hi @funaction I've merged your thread with the main one discussing this issue. We are aware of it and are actively investigating it. If you do experience this, any videos from lobby to grid would be useful as well as the report code that can be seen in the options menu so that we can speed up tracking this down. Thanks!

On 10/2/2019 at 4:32 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @funaction I've merged your thread with the main one discussing this issue. We are aware of it and are actively investigating it. If you do experience this, any videos from lobby to grid would be useful as well as the report code that can be seen in the options menu so that we can speed up tracking this down. Thanks! 

Version: PC
Wheel: T300 + F1 rim + T3pa-Pro
Win: 10; newest version.
Grapic: RTX 2060 super

Hello there, had these Issue several times. It got worse with 1.10 and 1.12.

There is a probleme with the reportcode. When the lobby got stuck like this, a player can not enter the menu. And without it the reportcode can not be seen or tranmitted.
Plus: I experienced that a bugged lobby (with 5 laps race) it took over 20 minutes and still we could not start.
The only way for me to leave the lobby was by Alt+F4 the game. 😕

• Agree 1

On 10/2/2019 at 4:32 PM, RedDevilKT said:

@RedDevilKT

Lobby 15:06

Grid 19:04

I've started playing this game on PC and I'm only level 6, but I had this happen 2-3 times already and I was forced to alt+f4 out of the session.

We were already on the grid and guy was shown as still loading, but funnily enough, I could see someone in front of the grid drive off 

Got stuck too on PC, second race in a row on the same server (first Belgium, now Mexico). The first time there 4 people who took of, one by one. In Mexico there was only one racer.