crazy fast event times ANGELOMONTEIRO10

Posted (edited)

Hi
short history:
i starter monthly event H2 FWD -Australia (using vw golf). i am not fast, on sector losing ~-5sec if i have good pace. 
1 stage, 1 sector +7sec faster, second +14 sec faster; third -14 sec slower; four -28sec  - no big mistakes...  
2 stage. every sector ~ -30 sec - crazy stage time
3 stage. every sector ~ -30 sec- crazy stage time
over 3 stages first guy (ANGELOMONTEIRO10)  2+min faster than second place, it is possible over 2000 players?

4 or 5 stage  ANGELOMONTEIRO10  disappears

Maybe someone  notice also? bug? cheat?

Edited by Fregis

Posted (edited)

Is this for Community Monthly or AI Monthly? AI would be very strange since they should be at least somewhat consistent, but for community events this doesn't surprise me too much. You have to remember that a few of the drivers who post top times do so through the "brute force" method - they go practice individual stages before running them and have a custom tune for each and every single stage. They know every cut and they have been practicing to the point they can average top 10 WR times comfortably.

Not to mention that the FWD cars in this game can benefit MASSIVELY from custom tunes, to the point I am not surprised you are seeing 15+ seconds per split. You see the same insane gains in the R2 class as well.

---

EDIT: ANGELOMONTEIRO10 is 100% a cheater and I feel the top posts in this thread need to reflect that. CM needs to remove them from the challenge, and most likely purge every single time they have ever posted. More info is coming to light the user has already been reported last week for cheating in Time Trial WR's which indicates this person is intentionally trying to invalidate as many times as possible in DR2.0 and cast doubt on all drivers. This is a massive detriment to the community and needs to be dealt with swiftly.

Edited by Mike Dee

3 hours ago, Fregis said:

Hi
short history:
i starter monthly event H2 FWD -Australia. i am not fast, on sector losing ~-5sec if i have good pace. 
1 stage, 1 sector +7sec faster, second +14 sec faster (strange but i like it 😄 ); third -14 sec slower; four -28sec  - no big mistakes...
2 stage. every sector ~-30 sec
3 stage. every sector ~-30 sec
over 3 stages first guy  2+min faster than second place

4 or 5 stage  top gay disappears

Sorry i dind do screenshots - thought too late

Maybe someone  notice also?
maybe possible find separate stage data?

It happens and to me in monthly event with 2000 category. Every, sector 30 seconds back! In the same stage I was 2 minutes back, with 4 sectors! And it happens and in the other stages. 

@tjetfiat I guess tell us what your final times were for some of the stages and we can compare those to WR times in Time Trials. If the drivers finishing ahead of you by 2 minutes are just close to the WR time, it is probably legitimate times. If they are beating the WRs by a lot... well then we might have some serious issues.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

@tjetfiat I guess tell us what your final times were for some of the stages and we can compare those to WR times in Time Trials. If the drivers finishing ahead of you by 2 minutes are just close to the WR time, it is probably legitimate times. If they are beating the WRs by a lot... well then we might have some serious issues.

I am not so bad driver to get 1 or 2 minutes behind in a stage with 4 sectors. Yesterday i play this monthly event with Citroën C4 and in the most stages, every sector i was 20-30 seconds behind. It happens to me first time. 

i want  compare time trial times, but i was to late, i dont know where find "logs". 
Also possible that driver knows some shortcuts

22 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

I am not so bad driver to get 1 or 2 minutes behind in a stage with 4 sectors

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but people can really underestimate how fast the top drivers are. I chase WR's in most classes and hold a few, and a lot of top 10s because of it, but even last night in one of our Club Championships I had a few of the sponsored drivers beating me by 15+ on a Sprint, and 30+ seconds on a Long stage. Especially in the newer cars, these drivers are faaaast.

If the event is still up and running tonight when I get home from work, I may try one or two of the stages just to judge the pace and times. But if the names you are seeing on the leaderboards are Joona P, CRsedmicky, CrazyNevada, Jarod, or a few others - they are all 100% legit and insanely fast, to the point I question if some are just cyborgs :classic_laugh:

4 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but people can really underestimate how fast the top drivers are. I chase WR's in most classes and hold a few, and a lot of top 10s because of it, but even last night in one of our Club Championships I had a few of the sponsored drivers beating me by 15+ on a Sprint, and 30+ seconds on a Long stage. Especially in the newer cars, these drivers are faaaast.

If the event is still up and running tonight when I get home from work, I may try one or two of the stages just to judge the pace and times. But if the names you are seeing on the leaderboards are Joona P, CRsedmicky, CrazyNevada, Jarod, or a few others - they are all 100% legit and insanely fast, to the point I question if some are just cyborgs :classic_laugh:

Yes, I am happy  for having good and fast drivers. But in a small stage almost 2 minutes behind without penalty, i think I am too slow. Maybe, just happens. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also keep in mind that some of the cars in the same class differ immensely. Take the 2000's class for example. I love driving the Skoda Fabia but it's the slowest car in the line-up. I go a minimum of two seconds faster with the Ford Focus on short stages. 

And as @Mike Dee mentioned there are a few drivers out there that are insanely fast, a few of the I know like Jarod.

You'd see me at the top of the leaderboards in events in the past (I focus on clubs now) on tarmac rounds and most likely at the bottom of the top 10 in gravel rounds. It takes a lot of practice, dedication and a certain amount of talent to be at the top but those that reach that level are legit. Even if it looks like there times are insane and unrealistic. Also keep in mind that a decent setup helps a lot as well.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 1

@tjetfiat just for reference too, here is a shorter clip from one of the drivers I mentioned (CRsedmicky) where he does an all out run in Sweden. Not the same location as the Monthly, but I just wanted to link it to show the kind of pace these top drivers can maintain - and they can maintain it every. single. stage. All they have to do is drive at 90% of their ability to guarantee an almost flawless run and their 90% is our 110% :classic_blink:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I understand some guys just fly the stage, this mind was first - "that driver just crazy fast".  
Friend said possible was just BUG.
Need check my self on time trial stages, maybe i am slower than i think

32 minutes ago, Fregis said:

I understand some guys just fly the stage, this mind was first - "that driver just crazy fast".  
Friend said possible was just BUG.
Need check my self on time trial stages, maybe i am slower than i think

There are bugs out there, so it is possible. I think CodeMasters fixed the one where negative times could be posted for stages, but there is always a chance someone found a way to do it again.

The other thing is though, just because you are not "Sponsored by a team/company" fast, doesn't mean you aren't still faster than 90% of people. Just have to remember that the absolute top 0.01% of drivers (the ones who are sponsored) normally have 10x more hours than we do in Dirt Rally alone - and some have thousands and thousands of hours between Rally, rF2, PCars, ACC, etc. Some of the fastest drivers have put quite literally months worth of driving time into the games.

• Agree 1

@Fregis and @tjetfiat so I've done some research on this for you both

ANGELOMONTEIRO10 is 100% cheating or glitching the system. I will place my DR2.0 license on it - CM can ban my steam key if I'm wrong on this. The driver goes from 10 seconds ahead of our the other drivers, to averaging 1 minute ahead per stage of our fastest drivers.

They beat the Taylor Farm Sprint 2000cc WR by over 45 seconds in the H2 FWD PEUGEOT 205 GTI

I've already reached out to some people from CM but if anyone forum mods/CM lurkers want to contact me for more details I'd be happy to help. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Nice Mike Dee 😍
Yes, i am 90% sure it was nick ANGELOMONTEIRO10
Also interisted why not go for all event, only 3 stanges, maybe bug for him? did him finished event? 

Where you find that stage info?  it would be fun to analyze.

Edited by Fregis

@Fregis on the dirtrally2.com website. You can jump through each of the events and the times for each stage - you can tell Angelomontiero10 learned after stage 1 they would need to cheat to win. They had a nice little 10 second lead, but they definitely knew they couldn't keep it (and probably cut a corner or two to get it) so they resorted to some insane cheats.

STAGE 1:
85I2WUS.png

STAGE 2:
auCp1co.png

STAGE 3:
t6AAkAg.png

The WR for Stage 3 is ~3:15 in the 2000cc cars
AC7F56287F2DDB5B76702DCB6CE5AB10DB183A11

The WR for Stage 3 is ~3:36 in the H2 FWD class
EFBCD138504DBEA6C083F0D490D69F57178B3C86

But this cheating ANGELOMONTEIRO10 loser? Yeah, they were totally able to shave 1:10 off of the current H2 WR time...

oh, feel stupid. i was looking in that page and dont find "community challenges"...
Thanks

• Agree 1

So, we have some right? The first driver from the second they have a difference between 1.30 minutes in one stage!!!!. And i want to say a big bravo to all the fast and good drivers. We are with you. Keep running..... And also thank you for your research. 

In the Monthly for the 2000 4wd class there were times in the New Zealand part of it that were slightly unbelievable to say the least.

Think it said the leaders time was a 2.09 on the 2.9 mile stage thats really twisty. Can't remember the name.

Yeah Saw that for the monthly NZ 2000cc. By the way, I can't check this specific monthly on dirt 2 website. Don't it show all dailies weeklies monthlies?

And the name was something in lines with what Mike said, with a Portuguese flag if I remember well

7 minutes ago, Zoz74 said:

Yeah Saw that for the monthly NZ 2000cc. By the way, I can't check this specific monthly on dirt 2 website. Don't it show all dailies weeklies monthlies?

And the name was something in lines with what Mike said, with a Portuguese flag if I remember well

It took me a minute to figure it out too, you have to go to the community events part of the site, then use the top arrows to select monthly, then the bottom set of arrows to toggle through the different events in the monthly.

• Thanks 1

@Mike Dee Nice investigating skills you have there. Well done mate!

Also interesting to see that the difference is smaller than I expected between the 205 GTI and the Citroën C4 (+-20sec). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

It took me a minute to figure it out too, you have to go to the community events part of the site, then use the top arrows to select monthly, then the bottom set of arrows to toggle through the different events in the monthly.

Thanks for the head up Mike, I also understood this not so easy navigation scheme:p what I mean is that, on the website you can see 4 active monthlies for July, but it do not show the NZ/2000cc that is also active. Does it have anything special? Does all events are not community events?