crazy fast event times ANGELOMONTEIRO10

19 hours ago, Zoz74 said:

Yeah Saw that for the monthly NZ 2000cc. By the way, I can't check this specific monthly on dirt 2 website. Don't it show all dailies weeklies monthlies?

And the name was something in lines with what Mike said, with a Portuguese flag if I remember well

Its not just you, I can't see the Monthly for the 2000s either.

• Agree 1

Most thing i dont like, if him can be cheater, so can be more. Developers need find out how him doing it. 

This week events.
image.thumb.png.ef924a12f96a82b4577274d733fdd10f.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Fregis said:

Most thing i dont like, if him can be cheater, so can be more. Developers need find out how him doing it. 

This week events.
image.thumb.png.ef924a12f96a82b4577274d733fdd10f.png

Yeah it isn't good. I can vouch for ERT LUCA and VPG_SCREW though - they race with us in some events and are fast.

But yes, we need to get rid of this driver. They are ruining the community challenges.

• Agree 1

I agree with you guys. We race because we like it. If we cheat, sorry, but this is not a race. 

Posted (edited)

Is this portugese guy on PS4?

Because the last couple days or maybe even weeks I see a "DiRT-Player" with a portugese flag on top of the leaderboards in community challenges with ridiculous times.

There are around 10-15 player-names I see very often on top of the leaderboards, so if someone like this guy is many seconds faster per stage, I don't trust the times.

If it's really always the same guy, I would perma ban him.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Is this portugese guy on PS4?

Because the last couple days or maybe even weeks I see a "DiRT-Player" with a portugese flag on top of the leaderboards in community challenges with ridiculous times.

There are around 10-15 player-names I see very often on top of the leaderboards, so if someone like this guy is many seconds faster per stage, I don't trust the times.

If it's really always the same guy, I would perma ban him.

If he is on ps4 I wonder how he is cheating. I've PC players cheat but PS4 players normally can't mess with the files the way PC players can or am I mistaken?

4 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

If he is on ps4 I wonder how he is cheating. I've PC players cheat but PS4 players normally can't mess with the files the way PC players can or am I mistaken?

It's only because I play on xbox, so I assume every PS-player is just "DiRT-Player" for me on the leaderboards.

6 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

My guess is that they are abusing the negative time glitch. I don't know how they trigger it, but for a while after launch we had a few users posting negative times. Well what if you did that, but instead of sprinting to the end and posting -03:43.249 on a stage, you just sat there. Just sat right at the end near the finish and let it count back up to a positive time that no one could catch?

It is either that, or they are going through and learning the reset zones for each stage before doing it in the community event. Basically the old Monte glitches from DR1 where you could get the car to reset 1000m ahead of where you left the stage. I can't see time penalties for the driver, but if you saw a few +4 or whatever the reset penalty is, that would be a quick indicator for that.

Posted (edited)

Hi, got some more of him on Rockton Plains / dry

pn4f.png

More than that, he is making the AI superfast... Now TOP 10 AI are faster than the "true WR" :

p2c1.png

Please make something, cheaters are broking Times AND AI for each race they do..

From https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/34/pn4f.png :

Ok i've found what's going with AI, it's quite simple
AI skills are based on real peaple skill, so if a lot of peaple are doing good times AI get better and better.

If a cheater is faster by 60 sec times of the best AI will be lowered too

So, it affect all AI times, that's why we got a huge gap in H2 and R2 diff :

The top 50 times are take for the 100% diff AI for exemple
The top 200 for the 95%...

So if we got more and more peaple playing FWD and improving there skill to get better, AI will get better too, that's a very hard way for new players I think... ++ for FWD car class that are more friendly that RWD..

the based skill level of AI is certainely more complicated but there is a big coefficient here.

I hope it can be fixed and AI get a V2

Edited by Howek
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

ooh.. AI times are updating like that? Yeah thats gonna need an adjustment, fast.

I don't know if AI times are actually working like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are at least somewhat influenced by the fastest community times. Now I would also hope there were some safeguards in place to not allow the AI to be skewed by a single driver...

I'm not saying it's that way they work, but they get infuenced by best time.

I suggest to fix AI level from the total percentage of players, so the higher the difficuty is( here 100%), the highter the AI will be close to WR From 0% to 5% for exemple

For a 60% diff AI can be close from 30 to 40% to WR

It can be a good solution if WR is not corrupted, otherwise taking the top 20 median value for AI can be a good thing… 

Easy to say, hard to code, i know… 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's not that hard to code the algorithm.  🙂  I'm just not sure if there is any automation scraping player performances, or if it's mostly a manual process to review player times on rare occasions where adjustment is required. (I would guess the latter)

Edited by bn880

On 8/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, tjetfiat said:

It happens and to me in monthly event with 2000 category. Every, sector 30 seconds back! In the same stage I was 2 minutes back, with 4 sectors! And it happens and in the other stages. 

It happens the same to me

On 8/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, SquadBruce said:

Its not just you, I can't see the Monthly for the 2000s either.

I think his was groove78 or groove7x..

Posted (edited)

This guy needs to be put off for good. Also, a quick cheaters filter would be having a time deadzone. Let's say a guy does less than 3 minutes in a 3:30 minute track*, insta-ban. If a system like this was implemented, this guy would've been banned from day one. It's also pretty easy to implement this.

*(these times could be achieved and estimated by WR times, in which CM devs would manually deploy these time limits as world records would get balanced like they are now)

Just drop a time limit for each of these stages and classes, and cheaters like these won't bother the leaderboards for a long time. They'll have to find another smarter way to cheat.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Riggs said:

(these times could be achieved and estimated by WR times, in which CM devs would manually deploy these time limits as world records would get balanced like they are now

Hell we could skip that and literally just have Jon post his best times and do some "ok let's assume cuts, perfect tuning, and min-maxing of try-hards shaves another up to max 15s/sprint". 

At least have them all dump into a bucket for manual review if they clear a threshold. 

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1

Thanks for the heads up and discussion on this, will let the team know.

• Thanks 4

Hell we could skip that and literally just have Jon post his best times and do some "ok let's assume cuts, perfect tuning, and min-maxing of try-hards shaves another up to max 15s/sprint". 

Max 15s/sprint is way too generous. If you nail a long stage with a good setup, you know there's only a couple seconds to be gained. You can actually see the real WRs in leaderboards, the top is pretty tight - you can only go so fast in a car/stage combo - but then the fastest times are between 7-25 seconds faster, which makes absolutely no sense (without cheating)! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AadHofman said:

Max 15s/sprint is way too generous

Eh I think you doubt people's ability to min-max things over time. DR1 WRs slowly kept getting chopped down for years well passed 15s from their original WRs. 15s might be generous but I would say anything below 10s is way too restrictive. At least use it as the threshold to trigger an investigation.

Edited by Mike Dee

On 8/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, Howek said:

Hi, got some more of him on Rockton Plains / dry

pn4f.png

More than that, he is making the AI superfast... Now TOP 10 AI are faster than the "true WR" :

p2c1.png

Please make something, cheaters are broking Times AND AI for each race they do..

From https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/34/pn4f.png :

Just to dispel this rumour, I've been told that player performance does not affect AI times.

As for the player in question, we're investigating, thanks for the reports.

To all: in future, please don't name-and-shame publicly (generates toxic atmosphere). 

If you spot any players that appear to be using exploits or playing unfairly, send me a PM here on the forum, ideally with a good title like "DiRT Rally 2.0: Reporting Cheater" 🙂 

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 4

Hello everyone, just wanted to drop an update on here.

The team has investigated the abnormal times of players at the top of the leaderboards and found that they were a result of a small bug server-side and not intentional foul play. When the players (multiple were found) were driving they were doing legitimate times, however the times sent to the server were incorrect. This bug has now been resolved and future events shouldn't have this problem.

Due to the complicated nature of game and server interactions, there may still be some anomalies in the future triggered by other factors, so if you find any suspicious times feel free to powerslide into my DMs. The team wanted to thank you for all for raising this issue though, as they can be tricky to spot sometimes.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6