AI difficulty in wet and dry

Like quite a few players of F1 2019, I've found a discrepancy between the quality of the AI in wet and dry conditions. The latest incident of this for me was the last race I did in career mode. At Monza, I qualified 9th on 74 and knowing that the AI improves in wet weather, I turned it down to 70 for a race that would be wet throughout.

I came 12th after a poor start and having cars all over the back of my car for most of the race. Fortunately, it isn't too hard to defend at Monza, but a made a couple of mistakes, which meant AI cars passed me and I wasn't able to catch up. On the first few laps, the cars in front were much quicker than me, so I had no chance of making up positions after the first few corners.

I'm not particularly slow in wet weather, just average.

By how much should I turn down the AI by in order to negate their improved pace in wet conditions?

A few people have speculated around this, but in my experience the AI are not any faster in the wet than they are in the dry in a race.

The only time i’ve found them to set stupidly fast laptimes in the wet is when fast forwarding time in qualy or practice.  Other than that the AI wet weather pace is absolutely fine.

I think probably people just aren’t as good in the wet as they think they are...

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

A few people have speculated around this, but in my experience the AI are not any faster in the wet than they are in the dry in a race.

The only time i’ve found them to set stupidly fast laptimes in the wet is when fast forwarding time in qualy or practice.  Other than that the AI wet weather pace is absolutely fine.

I think probably people just aren’t as good in the wet as they think they are...

Unfortunately you are wrong. Ever since patch 1.05 or 1.06 the AI are much faster in the wet in comparison to the times they set in the dry. The player shouldn't have to alter the level at all to suit the AI. They don't also suffer any form of tyre degradation so when I'm slipping around on 75% deg they are becoming even faster despite the rain becoming heavier! 

Probably best stop attempting to make yourself look good eh? Even better, let's have a race to see how good you really are 🙂

Edited by rocojuanclarkus
  • Like 1

😂I’m not attempting to “make myself look good” at all. Just stating my opinion that i have not found the disparity between AI in wet and dry conditions that others have claimed to find.

I’ve has good races with them in the wet, without changing the difficulty level, so in my opinion there is no issue here.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂I’m not attempting to “make myself look good” at all. Just stating my opinion that i have not found the disparity between AI in wet and dry conditions that others have claimed to find.

I’ve has good races with them in the wet, without changing the difficulty level, so in my opinion there is no issue here.

Watch out 

The last person to claim there was no issue between dry and wet was later found out to be driving significantly below a level deemed to be challenging for his dry level ability. 😁

All has gone quiet from said person ever since.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Watch out 

The last person to claim there was no issue between dry and wet was later found out to be driving significantly below a level deemed to be challenging for his dry level ability. 😁

All has gone quiet from said person ever since.

XD I think I know who you are referring to XD. But anyways this is a terrible problem at the moment and I hope these wet pace topics get as much daylight as possible so we can play and enjoy playing in all conditions in career mode in the future just like it was meant to be (you can't modify the weather in career of course).

I'm playing career mode with 105 ai level, controller, medium traction. Racing with my teammate Kubica side by side all the race. Until the rain comes down... suddenly Kubica become Senna. From now on i'm just gonna simmulate the races if it's rainy.

19 hours ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Ever since patch 1.05 or 1.06 the AI are much faster in the wet in comparison to the times they set in the dry. The player shouldn't have to alter the level at all to suit the AI. They don't also suffer any form of tyre degradation so when I'm slipping around on 75% deg they are becoming even faster despite the rain becoming heavier! 

Probably best stop attempting to make yourself look good eh? Even better, let's have a race to see how good you really are 🙂

That's why CM adjusted the AI performance, so that "The player shouldn't have to alter the level".

The general pace in the race wet (inters or full wet) is fine IMO, their strenths are the same as in the dry, i.e. tractions out of corners, which I think should be tweaked a tiny amount.

Their abilitly never to overheat the tyres, or going full speed straight away in wet races are a something that need to be looked at. A good example of this was doing inters on a drying track for the last 5 laps because pitting would have been too much time lost, the AI did this fine, this was my teams strategy as well but the inters overheated right away whereas the AI prodded along doing faster and faster times.

And also the old bug of fast forwarding in wet qualifying. And maybe the general pace in wet qualifying in general.

• Agree 2

Yes it is annoying when  people try and show off by claiming there is no issue when there clearly is. AI is stupidly fast in the wet and in changing conditions you might as well not bother trying cus they are ridiculously overpowered. 

• Disagree 2

31 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

Yes it is annoying when  people try and show off by claiming there is no issue when there clearly is. AI is stupidly fast in the wet and in changing conditions you might as well not bother trying cus they are ridiculously overpowered. 

But they are not overpowered! And that’s not me trying to show off, that’s just what i’ve found.

I have great races with them in the wet at the moment. It’s not just me, others have said the same in the other threads about this.

If CM change it we will have to alter the difficulty up in the wet to have such good races, and all so a few people don't have to alter the difficulty down cause they cant keep up at the moment.

• Agree 1

You have found no issues with the AI running dry times in changing conditions etc? You have had no issues with inters degrading massively with AI unaffected? 

55 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

You have found no issues with the AI running dry times in changing conditions etc? You have had no issues with inters degrading massively with AI unaffected? 

No, none

As I'm slower in the wet than in the dry, how can I get better in wet conditions? I'm using a controller, medium traction control and automatic gears