Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Bring back Delta Daily Challenges!

Recommended Posts

 

Codemasters, please bring back the Delta Daily events - especially for Group B 4WD. 

Like 99% of other players, I stand no chance of finishing in Tier 1 of a four tier event when the leaderboards are full of Professional Sim Racers that we just can't compete with. 

A Delta Daily is our best chance of getting the "Fire Up That Car... Again" trophy" achievement. 

The current conditions alienate and frustrate much more than three quarters of your customer base, which isn't a good thing. 

Please consider this request, or consider the option of easing on the requirements for this trophy, because it just isn't achievable for the vast majority of players.

Here we are 7 months after launch and still only 1% of players have been able to do it. 

I don't doubt that some will say "Just get better at the game", but working full-time with three kids I don't have the time or money to practice, practice practice. Please just make it fairer - competing with pro youtubers with top-of-the-range rigs is not fair for most. 

I want to keep playing the game and enjoying it, but logging in daily looking for another chance and being disappointed is just getting me down. 

Please do consider this polite request. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a pro, but I managed with a dualshock 4 controller to get this trophy in a daily at Argentina 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are delta dailies.  They aren't marked as such from the menu, but sometimes during a daily event my progress bar on the left will be green instead of red, and for scoring there are only two tiers.  I agree it was done better in previous games.  In DR I was never sure what the delta time represented.   In DR2 I am not sure if I am driving a delta stage until it's half over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

I am not a pro, but I managed with a dualshock 4 controller to get this trophy in a daily at Argentina 🙂 

You did well, mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree:

- there should be much more delta dailies in general

- there should be more group B 4WD dailies

 

I don't agree:

- to make any achievements easier

 

Achievements/Trophys have the name, because you have to accomplish something for it. I absolutely HATE the mentality of making everything easier, so the noobs can do it too. It ruined nearly every Nintendo-game for me. Just no to that.

That "I have a real life"-argument is absolute bs. If you don't have the time, just don't do it. These kind of things are made for people with skill and/or lots of time. Just accept, you can't have everything.

The Achievements/Trophys in this game are already way easier than in the first one. It's just this single one that you actually need a bit of skill to achieve and you wanna have it lowered in difficulty, too? No!

I would put Achievements/Trophys in the game (not all, but at least a few) that need skill, effort and patience.

Not just do this and that once and done...

 

And no. I am not a "hardcore simracer". I play on a xbox one s with the standard controller. I am by no means fast enough for the top guys.

 

And as a tip to identify delta dailies: My Team -> any daily -> press RT (xbox) / R2? (ps) to see if there are just 2 classes (delta daily) or 4 classes (normal one).

Fun fact: There is currently a delta daily and a daily for Group B 4WD, but seperated 😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I know of how to identify what's a delta daily and what's not, I'd still appreciate the delta daily being called as such instead of just "Daily Challenge"

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

just keep practising. when I first got the game, I was always bottom of tier 3. nowadays, I expect to be in tier 2, and tier 1 if it's a FWD or RX event.

they had daily (4-tier) events for Group B 4WD every day for like a month in May-June. I got the achievement then, (I play on a keyboard, and did it in Poland of all places - I am especially bad at fast stages) and I think they should bring that back, because if nothing else, it means you get a lot of practice with that Quattro.

that's literally how I got the achievement: that day there were 2 Group B 4WD dailies, and 2 dailies in Poland which happened to be on the same stage. so I did the other Group B stage (in Australia or something), then I did the Poland stage with the 2007 Focus, then I did the same Polish stage with the Quattro and absolutely nailed it. I had been trying for weeks, so it felt quite good.

the problem with making delta dailies common just so people get the achievement is that it makes the achievement way too easy. you only need to be in the top 50% to get it in those events, whereas to get in the top tier of the 4-tier system, you need to be in the top 10%. (FYI tier 2 is from 10.01% to 35%, tier 3 is 35.01% to 75% and tier 4 is the bottom 25%)

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the events in DR where everyone was on even terms with an upgraded car and your team would not affect your time.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GoesTo11 said:

I miss the events in DR where everyone was on even terms with an upgraded car and your team would not affect your time.

Hell yeah, those were awesome. I just loved them because everyone was also forced to run the same tuning - you couldn't complain someone beat you because they knew how to tune and you didn't or anything like that. It is why I also find the RX2 class so much fun in MP, everyone is basically on a perfectly even playing field mechanically. It all came down to driver skills.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

Just got word from the team that we will now be having 2 Delta Dailies running every 8 days.

They'll be clearly named in the UI too 👍🏻

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, bigburt82 said:

 

Codemasters, please bring back the Delta Daily events - especially for Group B 4WD. 

Like 99% of other players, I stand no chance of finishing in Tier 1 of a four tier event when the leaderboards are full of Professional Sim Racers that we just can't compete with. 

A Delta Daily is our best chance of getting the "Fire Up That Car... Again" trophy" achievement. 

The current conditions alienate and frustrate much more than three quarters of your customer base, which isn't a good thing. 

Please consider this request, or consider the option of easing on the requirements for this trophy, because it just isn't achievable for the vast majority of players.

Here we are 7 months after launch and still only 1% of players have been able to do it. 

I don't doubt that some will say "Just get better at the game", but working full-time with three kids I don't have the time or money to practice, practice practice. Please just make it fairer - competing with pro youtubers with top-of-the-range rigs is not fair for most. 

I want to keep playing the game and enjoying it, but logging in daily looking for another chance and being disappointed is just getting me down. 

Please do consider this polite request. 

 

all that you said is solved with a simple ranking system, in which the drivers will be divided by level, common in the competitive of most online games.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

all that you said is solved with a simple ranking system, in which the drivers will be divided by level, common in the competitive of most online games.

You keep asking for a ranking system, but what would that even give us? What does it add? You don't race anyone directly, you race their times. What do we gain by splitting times up into a bunch of sub groups? "Oh yay you are the fastest of the slowest 40%!!" - I'd rather just see where my time lands compared to all times both faster and slower than me. Show me what grouping I land in (like they do with the splits for community events) but I care more about how far from the real top/bottom I am than how far I am from being top 55%...

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

Just got word from the team that we will now be having 2 Delta Dailies running every 8 days.

They'll be clearly named in the UI too 👍🏻

PJ this is amazing! Thank you so much! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 9:05 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

I agree:

- there should be much more delta dailies in general

- there should be more group B 4WD dailies

 

I don't agree:

- to make any achievements easier

 

Achievements/Trophys have the name, because you have to accomplish something for it. I absolutely HATE the mentality of making everything easier, so the noobs can do it too. It ruined nearly every Nintendo-game for me. Just no to that.

That "I have a real life"-argument is absolute bs. If you don't have the time, just don't do it. These kind of things are made for people with skill and/or lots of time. Just accept, you can't have everything.

The Achievements/Trophys in this game are already way easier than in the first one. It's just this single one that you actually need a bit of skill to achieve and you wanna have it lowered in difficulty, too? No!

I would put Achievements/Trophys in the game (not all, but at least a few) that need skill, effort and patience.

Not just do this and that once and done...

 

And no. I am not a "hardcore simracer". I play on a xbox one s with the standard controller. I am by no means fast enough for the top guys.

 

And as a tip to identify delta dailies: My Team -> any daily -> press RT (xbox) / R2? (ps) to see if there are just 2 classes (delta daily) or 4 classes (normal one).

Fun fact: There is currently a delta daily and a daily for Group B 4WD, but seperated 😄

I feel that trophies and achievements are a personal thing and shouldn't depend on anyone else to achieve them. The whole concept of multiplayer trophies for platinum is wrong. 

If you have to have trophies that require you to beat other players online, they should be classified as additional trophies like DLC, and not required for plat. 

There's a difference between a challenging achievement and 99% of players still not being able to get it nearly a year after release. #justsaying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

You keep asking for a ranking system, but what would that even give us? What does it add? You don't race anyone directly, you race their times. What do we gain by splitting times up into a bunch of sub groups? "Oh yay you are the fastest of the slowest 40%!!" - I'd rather just see where my time lands compared to all times both faster and slower than me. Show me what grouping I land in (like they do with the splits for community events) but I care more about how far from the real top/bottom I am than how far I am from being top 55%...

ok, I understand your opinion, but what I put in the agenda for the discussion is not opinion is a fact, in any competitive area, of any sport, or e-eport, the vast majority, I would say about 98%, has division of course, or categories, and of course the reason, you can't put a newbie to play with an experienced pro if you like to see how close or far you are to the top 1, ok, but this is also possible with a rank, The difference with the rank is that you will compete on a level playing field with riders of your level, even if only against the times.
That said, understanding that iracing does it very well and is a path a path to follow without a doubt, it is inevitable, and it is what I see among friends who play iracing, try to evolve, have a goal to be fulfilled, this is all along with the competitive in any competition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

The difference with the rank is that you will compete on a level playing field with riders of your level, even if only against the times.

What does this rank do though? What people are you being matched with? There is no match making or anything, there aren't different categories or tiers of racers. You don't sign up for weekend races with limited # of drivers.

Ranks work for iR and games like that because there is a reason to have a rank. They host events, they host lobbies, there is a reason to have similarly skilled people in the same race. We don't have any of that in DR2. If there was tiers or something where you needed to be at least a "3500MMR driver to enter" or something I would understand.

But what do the players gain from just making tiers in the dailies or weeklies? What happens when you "win" in Tier 4 for a daily? Do you move up to Tier 3? Why? What did that do to make the game any more fun or competitive for you? The problem is that moving up in rank does nothing for the player. There is nothing to gain. There is no reason to move up unless you want more competition which would be achieved without ranks entirely.

 

I also don't want to sound like I am against the idea of ranks - I just see ZERO value for using ranks in the current DR2 system. It isn't designed to use the ranks for anything useful. We would need a lot more on top of the game modes and community events for there to be a reason to have ranks.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

What does this rank do though? What people are you being matched with? There is no match making or anything, there aren't different categories or tiers of racers. You don't sign up for weekend races with limited # of drivers.

 

ok, i think you're stuck in your opinion, and don't understand that, i'm talking about facts, this rank story is inevitable, and if it's not in the dirt, it will exist sometime in another rally game, about What you get from having a ranking system is undoubtedly equality at the disputed level, as it is in all competitions, both sports and e-sports.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

i'm talking about facts

What facts though? Other games use rank? Good, they have a system to do something with the rank. We don't have any system to use ranks in Dirt Rally.

 

What would rank do in Dirt? Would it change what the "top tier" is for your daily event? Would it change the "bottom tier" too? This is what you haven't explained yet. Tell me how ranks would be used. You say it will "balance" but how. Explain it, how would your ranks change what happens when I sign in to My Team? 

Quote

"What you get from having a ranking system is undoubtedly equality at the disputed level"

What level though? Dirt Rally does not have matchmaking. So what are you balancing? I don't see how the ranks could be used to split drivers. They would need to add an entirely new community event structure to use ranks. EVERYTHING we currently have in multiplayer would need to be thrown away. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

We don't have any system to use ranks in Dirt Rally.

Tell me how ranks would be used

Dirt Rally does not have matchmaking.

We don't have any system to use ranks in Dirt Rally

In fact we already have a rank system, but it works only for the purpose of distributing credits.

Tell me how ranks would be used

What I have in mind is not a ready-made idea, but an idea to be debated.
In my view for the moment there are two possibilities. first all run together, as it is in the actual WRC, overall rank, and by categories, in this case in DR2.0, it would not be car categories but driver level, next to all drivers name will have a symbol referred to the rank she is qualified to pass, and at the end of each stage and stage, would have the trophies for the overall rank, and the trophies by category.
Second possibility would be daily, weekly, and monthly events for each rank category level category, but I think this is less possible, but all this is what I said, not a complete idea and already finalized is just a topic to be discussed and find the best way to deploy it.

Dirt Rally does not have matchmaking.

yes, in dirt rally yes there are matchmaking, this could be very well used for special events, the problem was very poorly done, and is hardly used and this rank would be very useful for matchmaking. including the fact that it is not used is that it is closed by region, so regions that do not have a lot of pilots, so it has no use if it is open to all regions, I would prefer to play like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigburt82 said:

I feel that trophies and achievements are a personal thing and shouldn't depend on anyone else to achieve them. The whole concept of multiplayer trophies for platinum is wrong. 

If you have to have trophies that require you to beat other players online, they should be classified as additional trophies like DLC, and not required for plat. 

There's a difference between a challenging achievement and 99% of players still not being able to get it nearly a year after release. #justsaying

Well...the whole debate of "no multiplayer achievements/trophies in games" is a personal opinion. Many hate them, many love them. I don't like them, too. Did many, many of them between 2008 and 2013/2014 and then stopped doing them, because it's so frustrating often. Too many toxic players out there.

But it's a fact they have been there since achievements poped up with the first X-Box 360 games and I don't think they will go away.

In this game it's just passive multiplayer, really. And not really hard, too. I would put more difficult achievements/trophys in the game, probably much harder than this one, but not multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

In my view for the moment there are two possibilities. first all run together, as it is in the actual WRC, overall rank, and by categories, in this case in DR2.0, it would not be car categories but driver level, next to all drivers name will have a symbol referred to the rank she is qualified to pass, and at the end of each stage and stage, would have the trophies for the overall rank, and the trophies by category.

So you are thinking of a system that shows something like

  1. @diogotilim has 3500MMR [1st place in Tier 1]
  2. @UnderclassGDfan has 3000MMR [1st place in Tier 2]
  3. @Mike Dee has 2500MMR [1st place in Tier 3]

I guess I get that, but I don't see how that adds much value. Like sure, it could be nice looking at the daily and seeing "ok I got 12th but the people I lost to are 1000MMR better than me so I did really well" - but that is the only thing I can see for ranks. Your 2nd possibility sounds like too much clutter and a way to make people mad they can't enter 4 out of the 5 dailies because their rank is too low/high.

 

Quote

yes, in dirt rally yes there are matchmaking

It has custom championship. That is very different than matchmaking. Matchmaking is like CSGO ranked or anything like that - people queue up and wait for Codemasters to create a championship we have no control over with people we can't pick. As of now you can only see who is hosting a lobby. That is very different. And multiplayer is already empty enough that filtering based on rank would make it even harder to find a match. I join anything I can find at this point, does not stop me if the host can beat 100% AI or if the host loses to 50% AI. 

 

Like I said earlier, I think ranks could be useful but Dirt Rally does not have anything to use them with. They would need to completely redo the entire multiplayer system to make ranks useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, but Rally is different from circuit, there is a saying in Rally that says. "to win a rally you have to be terminal," anything can happen in the short-time, very short-time rally, but if an accident happens you lose a lot of time, there was a year in the actual official WRC that Ogier before Going to VW, it went through the interim year of S2000, and there were stages that he was ahead of WRC cars and this also happens at present due to accidents.

custom championship I count as matchmacking, I prefer it to be that way, but it's really limited, it's very reasonable for what they propose, but I prefer that way, and since cars don't stand side by side it's just the comparison of Time then could be open to all regions, since in case of leg would not disturb the opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, anything can happen for sure - that is exactly why in my clubs I make everyone drive 5+ stages between service stops! Much much harder and more room for people to mess up.

I don't mind ranks either, but I can't see them being used for more than just an icon/indicator of skill. I don't see how ranks could be used in game to make better competition. I could definitely see it for Clubs or Championships made by users outside of the game, that is actually something we tried to make happen for our club.

We wanted an "amateur" and "pro" tier where you couldn't be in the pro club unless you finished top 20 in amateur, and the slowest pro drivers were relegated at the end of the season. Something like this would be PERFECT for ranks, so we could make user-championships based on rank!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×