Sign in to follow this  

How to load previous save in carrer

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I have a question can somehow load the previous save in career. After the season I upgraded the chassis, which changed the rules and did not upgrade me 2 major upgrade. I need to reload it before the race. This is probably some novelty which has not been in the previous parts. I spent 2000 points on nothing. Who will return them to me now. I am so angry.

Edited by KupkoSVK

You can't do it. I spent hours trying to restore backups from everywhere but the cloud saves pretty much overwrites all the local saves. Even turning cloud saving off and copying local backup files up is a real pain. It's one of the few games in history where even a pc expert can't easily back up info. Your could restore the whole hard drive and the cloud save would wipe it. If you have cloud saving off, which is unlikely as they force it on you these days by default, then restoring the whole hard drive would work. 

Yes I'd be angry too. I had a race incident and the ai shunted me straight in the wall on final lap and flashback didn't go back before impact. My manual mid session few laps before end of the race was wiped by the race finishing by the ai crossing finish line. Really annoying when a manual mid session save gets wiped by the game. 

Oh that's a shame. I have no other choice but to lesson about it for the second season.

OMG, I just read this post, the save and backup system in this game is sooooo FUBAR!

I posted this little experience on the wrong forum section, so as it is totally appropriate here, maybe I can get some advice:

" Slowly learning this game, getting better, but after I had advanced through all the practice sessions and team goals for Australia. I qualified 5th with the McClaren team.

Awesome right?!!  So yesterday I raced for awhile with multiple restarts and retries... feeling like I bullied my way into turn 1 at the start but never seemed to do too much damage or get penalized. Long story shortened, I actually finished in 4th in my first race! It was a PITA and i had all the assists on, but I felt accomplished!

So, on to the next race!  I think I few mistakes in game setup screwed me royally today, but better to learn my lesson now before I am deeply invested into the season.

I let my wife play on the Dubai practice session 1 this morning just to prove to her how damn hard this is, even with all the assists on. Of course she was all over the track and finally crashed. As we were chatting about it, the damn game advanced and save that as practice session 1!! No going back!! I was so fricking mad! And worse yet, none of my prior saved games were in the system under Solo, Game lOADS... omg, so upset!

Where did all the game saves from my prior qualifying and race go??!! I assume the game simply overwrote it!! Damn stupid if the DEVS didn't think about that?!!Really!!

So anyway, I had to delete the season to that point as my Rookie-Veteran slider went way down and it would be easier to reset than deal with that.

I went into settings and turned off AUTO SAVE. So my question is, how do you guys save your progress as you go? After I restarted the career I went into the car settings and selected some R&D updates, then advanced into practice session 1.   I went into saved LOADouts and well there is was AUTOSAVED!!  What? I turned it off?! I hadn't saved anything yet and I turned off AutoSave, so why was there an autosaved file? "

Its  just going to overwrite me again at the worst time.  How do I stop this, better yet, does anyone understand this save system? It seems terrible....

The save system is pretty clear. It autosaves when you load from the desk area into a session and vice versa. It also autosaves when you exit career mode to the main menu.

The game doesn't automatically advance after crashing out of a session. You'll have to manually advance past the results screen. Also, re-starting your entire career because of a crash in FP1 in Abu Dhabi is just silly.

It's not a perfect system, I don't disagree with you there. I feel like we've all been burned by it at least once, but it's also not rocket science.