T300 FFB is broken since patch 1.06 ps4 uk [SG]

Question

Ps4 , U.K. 

T300 ,Racing rig,

league owner,,

Ffb is broken for wheel users ,last patch it worked was patch 1.05 ,

many people have detailed about Ffb and with each patch or update it's got worse ,

nothing has been done ,this game was brilliant when first released and many people praised what a great sim F1 2019 was,

pad vs wheel was equal,. It's not anymore ,

how can you not listen or ruin the ffb in 3 patches, so it had to be done on purpose to open another part of the game up,

think of it as a pie chart,

ive asked Sony ps4 for a full refund and been told to ask codemasters instead for full refund ,

senna vs Prost £65 bought from Sony psn store uk ,

i simply cannot understand why you would allow the fist official F1 sim With great tyre physics on release to be completly spoilt in 3 patches, only you know the answer codemasters and you are not forthcoming ,

i hearby request a full refund ,Sony uk have all the details,

you have my address and my phone number ,

if you would like to rollback to patch 1.05 and make all of your wheel customers happy then that's down to to you,

there hundreds of posts from around the world detailing how muted Ffb has got,

pall your hard work has been undone in 3 patches,

i await your response , Sony are aware,

many thanks  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 answers to this question

Hey! It's not nice to hear you've issues 😕 

As far as I know, you need to contact for a refund from the service/store you bought it from. For example Steam users can request a refund from Steam. If they don't want to refund your money, I believe you're out of luck.

If you can give Codies feedback about what has exactly changed, it would be great though!

Posted (edited)

After contacting Sony uk they've informed me to contact codemasters,

i and and many many other good people have posted many times that Ffb was brilliant up to patch 1,05.

the ffb muted problem has occurred since patch 1.06 1.07 and now much worse patch 1.08,

codematers have my report on the problem as well as many others in fine detail,

not one reply from codemasters, 

ive been instructed by Sony ps4 uk to formally ask codemasters for full refund, ,it's in a private email ok,

every messege I've posted has been to to complaints Sony ps4 ,and there honest opinion is codemasters have altered game in such a way in patches that Ffb is now so muted for wheel users that this is not acceptable ,

also when I bought the game the ffb was of high standard and should still be of that high standard ,

hence codemasters in there own admission by not responded  to anyone about this issues have made themselves liable to give out a full refund,

i expect when I buy a new product that that new product is maintained to a high standard, hence codemasters again have not kept that promise ,

they havnt even replied to anyone on this forum ,and that's a fact ,

£65 is nothing to codemasters but it is to me and the good people who buy there product only to be totally ignored when the product becomes faulty ,

,this post has been created in the hope codemasters either fix ffb problems like rollback to patch 1.05 or refund many unhappy customers ,

i did not create a product to sell ,I thou bought into there product,

and with that a warranty of a full refund, I have absolutely no worries once I recieve full refund of ever buying into the codematers sim again and never coming onto this forum,

i could charge for each post £50 on to of the full refund ,

U.K. Laws are very strict on selling stuff wether it be software or anything,

i await response from codemasters 

All the best codemasters.

ps I never had any issuses with ffb  , I am a huge fan of codemasters ,

the person at fault is the person who released patches 1.06 1.07 1.08

knowing full well the major ffb problem and ignored for what ever reasons the people who bought F1 2019. That stinks of something very fishy going on inside of codemasters,

no one cared about fixing helicopter , 

Edited by senna94f1

8 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

After contacting Sony uk they've informed me to contact codemasters,

i and and many many other good people have posted many times that Ffb was brilliant up to patch 1,05.

the ffb muted problem has occurred since patch 1.06 1.07 and now much worse patch 1.08,

codematers have my report on the problem as well as many others in fine detail,

not one reply from codemasters, 

ive been instructed by Sony ps4 uk to formally ask codemasters for full refund, ,it's in a private email ok,

every messege I've posted has been to to complaints Sony ps4 ,and there honest opinion is codemasters have altered game in such a way in patches that Ffb is now so muted for wheel users that this is not acceptable ,

also when I bought the game the ffb was of high standard and should still be of that high standard ,

hence codemasters in there own admission by not responded  to anyone about this issues have made themselves liable to give out a full refund,

i expect when I buy a new product that that new product is maintained to a high standard, hence codemasters again have not kept that promise ,

they havnt even replied to anyone on this forum ,and that's a fact ,

£65 is nothing to codemasters but it is to me and the good people who buy there product only to be totally ignored when the product becomes faulty ,

,this post has been created in the hope codemasters either fix ffb problems like rollback to patch 1.05 or refund many unhappy customers ,

i did not create a product to sell ,I thou bought into there product,

and with that a warranty of a full refund, I have absolutely no worries once I recieve full refund of ever buying into the codematers sim again and never coming onto this forum,

i could charge for each post £50 on to of the full refund ,

U.K. Laws are very strict on selling stuff wether it be software or anything,

i await response from codemasters 

All the best codemasters.

ps I never had any issuses with ffb  , I am a huge fan of codemasters ,

the person at fault is the person who released patches 1.06 1.07 1.08

knowing full well the major ffb problem and ignored for what ever reasons the people who bought F1 2019. That stinks of something very fishy going on inside of codemasters,

no one cared about fixing helicopter , 

Well according to Sony, you have lost the right to refund the game if 14 days have gone by and/or you have started downloading the game. 

If you bought a physical copy, you need to contact the store you bought it from. 

Posted (edited)

Frankly, with a disc you have the shortcut of trading or re-selling (but not with the Legends DLC). It does get much stickier with the digital product. Here is the relevant part of the EULA

GAME UPDATES AND PATCHES. From time to time Codemasters may provide updates, patches and other modifications to the Game that must be installed for the user to continue to play the Game properly or at all. Codemasters may update, patch or modify the Game remotely (or if applicable via the Steam ® platform) and access the Game residing on your machine for such purpose, and you hereby grant to Codemasters the right to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications. All provisions of this agreement that refer to ‘Game’ shall also include such patches, updates and modifications.

LIMITED WARRANTY. Use of the Game and the media on which it is recorded is at your sole risk. Codemasters warrants to the original consumer purchaser of the Game that where the Game is purchased as a packaged product rather than via digital download the recording medium on which the Game is recorded will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 90 days from the date of purchase (the ‘Limited Warranty’). If a defect covered by the Limited Warranty occurs within 90 days of original purchase, Codemasters agrees to replace, free of charge, such packaged product within such period upon its receipt of the packaged product, postage paid, with proof of the date of purchase, as long as the Game is still being manufactured by Codemasters. In the event that the Game is no longer available, Codemasters retains the right to substitute a similar program of equal or greater value. This warranty is limited to the recording medium containing the Game as originally provided by Codemasters and is not applicable and shall be void if the defect has arisen through abuse, mistreatment, or neglect. Any implied warranties prescribed by statute are expressly limited to the 90-day period described above.

EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, THE GAME IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND SHALL BE BINDING ON OR OBLIGATE CODEMASTERS. 

When returning the packaged product version of the Game for warranty replacement please send the original manual and any other accompanying documentation only in protective packaging and include: (1) a photocopy of your dated sales receipt; (2) your name and return address typed or clearly printed; (3) a brief note describing the defect, the problem(s) you encountered and the system on which you are running the Game.

LIMITATION ON DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL CODEMASTERS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAME, INCLUDING DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR FILES, CONSOLE, COMPUTER OR HANDHELD DEVICE FAILURE, ERRORS AND LOST BUSINESS OR OTHER INFORMATION AS A RESULT OF POSSESSION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF CODEMASTERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CODEMASTER’S LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID FOR THE LICENSE TO USE THIS GAME. 

On your side is the Consumer Rights Act (2015)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat

but your right to refund IS still against Sony/PSN you have to argue that the patches are NOT 'minor defects' (I would say the loss of FFB is debatably subjective unfortunately, and against the majority of functional code would also I think, be classed a minor defect)

The Consumer Rights Act says goods must be:

• Satisfactory quality.
  • Fit for purpose.
  • As described.

The rules for digital content are slightly different to those for physical goods. The Consumer Rights Act defines digital content as "data which are produced and supplied in digital form". Just like physical goods, digital content must be of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose, and as described by the seller.

Those terms are somewhat open to interpretation when it comes to video games, and the Act acknowledges games are more complex than other forms of digital goods, such as music.

Here's the detail under the "digital content to be of satisfactory quality" section of the Act:

It is the norm to encounter some bugs in a complex game or piece of software on release so a reasonable person might not expect that type of digital content to be free from minor defects. Consequently the application of the quality aspect 'freedom from minor defects' to digital content will depend on reasonable expectations as to quality.

As with goods, quality does not refer to subjective judgements as to the artistic value of the content itself (e.g. whether or not a book was interesting or well written).

If a digital good is considered faulty, the Act gives consumers the right to repair or replacement, and the retailer must do this "within a reasonable time".

Repairs in relation to video games may be updates and patches issued by the developer. So what would a "reasonable time" mean in this case?

I think any of the patches applied since 1.05 DON'T qualify as 'fixing' the product in that respect and I think 90 days would be a reasonable amount of time to expect a fix or even 90 days beyond Codemasters' historical patch cycle or from release (all of which are still applicable). But due to the subjective and minor nature of the loss of FFB defect, I don't think you would win.

A conversation between Sony/PSN and Codemasters (if it were to take place) would be that the game is still in the patch cycle, there is a reasonable expectation that minor defects will be addressed (even given CM's track record of previous games left with defects) so the chances of a refund outside of any 'no quibble' period is long gone.

Interesting is the fact that the above Act opens the possibility of a 'class-action' style lawsuit against Codemasters if ENOUGH people with the SAME ISSUE took legal advice.

Good luck.

Edited by steviejay69
punctuation
  • Agree 1

Totally sympathize with OP, if a patch makes a game no longer work as it used to there should be an option to either refund or roll back to earlier patch (and be locked to offline use only of course). 

If you had a car and the auto manufacturers sent out mechanics to regularly sneak into your garage or driveway to fix or change parts people would it like it but would put up with it in time as long as their car was improved for free. If however one morning you went to drive it and the windscreen washer fluid wouldn't squirt it would be very annoying. Especially if the car company said tough, car is still drivable you just need clean windscreen yourself. 

Not great example but software companies have been sticking it to the gamer for years now, only action possible is class action suit which 99% of time nobody bothers with especially with an annual game that will be replaced anyway next year. 

Other option is never buy a game on release, wait for GOTY edition or at least 6 months until it is fairly stable. Except.... The annual game will always suck people in on release who want to be playing the latest thing asap regardless of quality. We only have ourselves to blame people! 

A disk game could of course be reinstalled with internet disconnected and played offline without game wrecking patches... But then we can't show off to people we have it! Catch 22....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Totally sympathize with OP, if a patch makes a game no longer work as it used to there should be an option to either refund or roll back to earlier patch (and be locked to offline use only of course). 

If you had a car and the auto manufacturers sent out mechanics to regularly sneak into your garage or driveway to fix or change parts people would it like it but would put up with it in time as long as their car was improved for free. If however one morning you went to drive it and the windscreen washer fluid wouldn't squirt it would be very annoying. Especially if the car company said tough, car is still drivable you just need clean windscreen yourself. 

Not great example but software companies have been sticking it to the gamer for years now, only action possible is class action suit which 99% of time nobody bothers with especially with an annual game that will be replaced anyway next year. 

Other option is never buy a game on release, wait for GOTY edition or at least 6 months until it is fairly stable. Except.... The annual game will always suck people in on release who want to be playing the latest thing asap regardless of quality. We only have ourselves to blame people! 

A disk game could of course be reinstalled with internet disconnected and played offline without game wrecking patches... But then we can't show off to people we have it! Catch 22....

I stopped getting the disk after F1 2016. It's pointless, I think it does just ask you to install via Steam, even then I don't think it launches without you having to connect anyway because the gold game never goes live, there's seemingly always a day 0 patch. Plus you'll probably need to download redistributables.

Only advantage of waiting the 6 months is it will almost certainly be on sale. The patch cycle will be ended. Patches won't break the game any more, it is what it is. If you find a bug, you either suck it up or start again. Or the answer is in the forums and you fix it (or not).

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Ps4 ,

t300,racing rig ,sometimes iracing ,

league owner,

f1 2019 psn store version,

i hear you guys, but the email from Sony was very straightforward ,I know consumer rights as much as the next person,

why no answer about ffb from codemasters , we read they are not making any profit ,well perhaps not listening to paying customers is the problem, 

customers this year are next years customers , you can only make profit thru listening to your current customers so they spread the word how good your product is,

It blows my mind how stupid people who put out these patches must be,

the forum is overrun with issues related to f12019 and dirt rally 2.0 ,all related to ffb issues ,

f12019 ,why was FFB brilliant on day 1 release and upto patch 1.05.

dirt rally 2.0 ,only decent thing in the whole game is rally X , did they not already have the original dirt rally sim to go by ,

the Senna vs Prost edition is a insult to senna ,

why start out with a great game then kill the game and introduce more bugs with bad patches, you are creating more work for yourselves , am I the only person who can see this ,

so they have 90 days to fix FFB from day one release , 

i can only think they test with a pad and not with wheels ,and who ever makes or made that decision should be retrained or sorry but your sacked ,

How hard is it to work out all of this, that's why it blows my mind how really stupid someone at codemasters must be,

give me a full refund so I can log out of anything to do with these people ,and go about my own business ,I feel like I was suckered into buying a great game only to learn in less then 2 months game would be killed off and to rub salts further into wounds game was30% discount in under 2 months,

rollback to patch 1.05.  Get your customers back on track and happy so they can promote your business .

as a rule I always buy the disc version but because I could not find Senna vs Prost edition in disc Version ,I had to buy it from the Sony ps4 uk store,

generally they shut you up by banning you even when you speak the truth and are a good decent hounable person , 

Edited by senna94f1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Really? You think the analogy is bad? Read this....

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/software-updates

Edited by steviejay69

Hi stevie , 

i watch Richie on YouTube  about the software updates of tesla,

and to think I almost bought gen 3 .

my point is why bring out a brilliant ffb on day one release then spoil that Ffb,

looking back at it now fixing the speedy helicopter ,I should be extremely grateful ,. Not.

i just don't get it, if it's not broken then leave it alone , 

too many chiefs and not enough Indians as the phase goes , 

cut to the chase, 

all these words means something , so rollback to patch 1,05 for all wheel users as they now account for half of your current customer base and that number will only get higher , 

for all new to sim racing ,a great budget start up wheel t150  , 2 yrs warranty , around £130 

Then as you progress you can invest in a different wheel,

Hi everyone, 

sadly not one reply to this ffb issues , what we do know is fanatec wheel users are having huge problems since patch 1.09 ,

I even wrote a email to thrustmaster and there reply was its a game issue as we've tested your wheel and your t300 has no problems,

so I wrote to Sony who again said its down to codemasters to at least acknowledge the problem instead of not saying anything, and perhaps they codemasters are working hard to resolve the ffb muted issues 

this is how silly it is, I never know if I am going to be banned for pointing out ffb bugs ,

i have pretty much given up nothing will be done , I guess by codemasters not responding to anyone and keeping quiet that this is how they want it to go,

if we don't answer people customers will just give up,  pretty sad way of running any business with that approach to customers,

so is it a bug that codemasters themselves created that mutes ffb for wheel users and can't fix it ,

you have my name and address details along with my phone number, 

ive ran my own roofing and building business for over 30 years with my name plastered all over the trucks and vans along with email and phone numbers ,  

point being I am a experienced person in life and know how things operate , my hobby for a very long time has been sim racing so I should know how ffb feels now,

i also build and restore motorbikes especially 2 strokes meaning I can't ignore a problem with the hope it will disappear ,

hence it depends on what sort of person you are or want to be ,

this is not a personal attack on anyone ok ,just a way of thinking and solving problems . 

On 9/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, senna94f1 said:

Hi everyone, 

sadly not one reply to this ffb issues , what we do know is fanatec wheel users are having huge problems since patch 1.09 ,

I even wrote a email to thrustmaster and there reply was its a game issue as we've tested your wheel and your t300 has no problems,

so I wrote to Sony who again said its down to codemasters to at least acknowledge the problem instead of not saying anything, and perhaps they codemasters are working hard to resolve the ffb muted issues 

this is how silly it is, I never know if I am going to be banned for pointing out ffb bugs ,

i have pretty much given up nothing will be done , I guess by codemasters not responding to anyone and keeping quiet that this is how they want it to go,

if we don't answer people customers will just give up,  pretty sad way of running any business with that approach to customers,

so is it a bug that codemasters themselves created that mutes ffb for wheel users and can't fix it ,

you have my name and address details along with my phone number, 

ive ran my own roofing and building business for over 30 years with my name plastered all over the trucks and vans along with email and phone numbers ,  

point being I am a experienced person in life and know how things operate , my hobby for a very long time has been sim racing so I should know how ffb feels now,

i also build and restore motorbikes especially 2 strokes meaning I can't ignore a problem with the hope it will disappear ,

hence it depends on what sort of person you are or want to be ,

this is not a personal attack on anyone ok ,just a way of thinking and solving problems . 

i am experience the same thing. The game is straight up horrible for us wheel users. Most of the runners that I race with on WOR and ILR had switched back to the pad to be competitive. Personally, I can't operate the pad and my wheel that I spent over $900 is now worthless, as I don't drive any other sim. BTW, I haven't scored a  single point in both leagues.... also, most of the back markers are wheel runners and league leaders are 100% pad. 

• Agree 1

Hi,

I've updated the title to keep this thread focused on the technical issues as I can't help with the refund part of the original post!

We've taken a look at the issue reported and haven't been able to find any changes when switching from patch 1.05 to patch 1.06 using the T300 on the PS4. For anyone experiencing the problems, please let us know the following:

• What platform you are on (including pro or base version if on PS4)
  • What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected
  • What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC)
  • What control scheme you are using (preset or custom)
  • What advanced steering wheel settings you are using 
  • What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues.
  • Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track
  • A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour

With the above info we should be able to replicate the setup in our test lab and see of we can spot the issue.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi,

I've updated the title to keep this thread focused on the technical issues as I can't help with the refund part of the original post!

We've taken a look at the issue reported and haven't been able to find any changes when switching from patch 1.05 to patch 1.06 using the T300 on the PS4. For anyone experiencing the problems, please let us know the following:

• What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected
  • What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC)
  • What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues.
  • Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track
  • A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour

With the above info we should be able to replicate the setup in our test lab and see of we can spot the issue.

Thanks.

I believe it will be hard to pin point "issues" associated with the wheel, because there is a lack of built in comparative telemetry to understand why our pad competitors are quicker. 

What platform: Xbox - Legendary F1 2019 version

What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected: Thrustmaster TS-XW w/T3PA Pedals

What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC): Firmware 4.00 - Latest

What control scheme you are using (preset or custom): I had tried both. I have a custom control scheme were I use the pad and the wheel to make up the lack of button support or keyboard compatibility. However, I am using the present Sparco default with nothing changed. Also, I have the F1 Open Wheel add-on, replacing the Sparco Rim, because at first, I thought it was the big wheel that gave me the lack of FFB.

What advanced steering wheel settings you are using: I use default

What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues: My TT results are 8% to 12% worse from last year. Last year and the many years before, I usually rank Top 1% to 4% (depending on the track). My league races seem to be effected the most, as I am struggling to get a point this season. I am in highly competitive and well known Leagues, WOR and ILR. For the past 8 seasons, I usually fight for P4/5. Now, I can't score a point. Most of my league racers are that are leading the leagues are pads. I am fighting for P11 to P20 with wheel users.

Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track: This is kinda irrelevant, as its not a single issue. I think its more than that. 

A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour: I had used a UDP Telemetry tool to record my pad competitors. Pad users seem to have divine capabilities with less wheel slippage both front and rear, as it relates to braking, lateral grip and throttle. They also seem to have less mistakes with approaching turns on entry, mid corners and exit. The wheel seems to be very sluggish with response. From the data I had, the wheel users tend to be late on all corners and more sensitive with mistakes. Not sure, but this what I noticed when looking at the data. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/22/2019 at 8:55 PM, senna94f1 said:

Hi stevie , 

i watch Richie on YouTube  about the software updates of tesla,

and to think I almost bought gen 3 .

my point is why bring out a brilliant ffb on day one release then spoil that Ffb,

looking back at it now fixing the speedy helicopter ,I should be extremely grateful ,. Not.

i just don't get it, if it's not broken then leave it alone , 

too many chiefs and not enough Indians as the phase goes , 

cut to the chase, 

all these words means something , so rollback to patch 1,05 for all wheel users as they now account for half of your current customer base and that number will only get higher , 

for all new to sim racing ,a great budget start up wheel t150  , 2 yrs warranty , around £130 

Then as you progress you can invest in a different wheel,

It isn't fixed! I played at Spain last night and there were multiple, speeding helicopters everywhere (including on screen at the same time) and a Blue Thunder-esque one sat hovering alongside the main stand ready to take my car out with a missile. There were two small flashes in the sky going into turn 4 (turn 10 in this clip) which were either microscopic helicopters, really fast birds or maybe even other cars poking through the map somewhere else on track....

FFB is floaty and horrible at that track (as it was Bahrain). I have the T300.

Last week at Azerbaijan I lost all my wheel controller profiles for no real reason. Had to recreate. One thing I do observe is, the less I play the game the more glitches and difficulties seem to occur since 1.09. I use the F1 Rim (Advanced).

Files verified on Steam. No changes to Thrustmaster drivers, no changes to graphics drivers (19.7.3 when the game was patched to fix the DX12 issues)

On track with Windows updates, so 18362.329 this game is garbage.

Edited by steviejay69
added video
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hiya Hoo ,

PS4 , uk

T300 , league owner currently f1 2019 ,

senna vs Prost legends edition from Sony psn store 

from day one FFB was brilliant ,you could feel all the little track and corner details thru ffb to wheel, upto patch 1,04 maybe patch 1.05,

careers mode ,ffb was muted around 30% from patch 1,04 to 1.05 , ffb muted 30%

time trial again ffb was excellent upto patch 1.04 or patch 1.05,  ffb muted 25% 

multiplayer is probably the worst affected area for ffb since patch 1.04 or 1.05, ffb muted 45%,

my t300 firmware and all upto date,,

ive tried T150 and g29 wheel and ffb is just as bad,

please not its not something you can reproduce unless you go back to the exact patch with legends edition which had 3 day early access from day the game was sold ,

also note pad vs wheel was equal from day one ,that's a fact , pad users are 1 to 3 seconds faster per lap dependant on track,since patches 1,04 onwards ,

Using no assists from day one was faster , now using assists is now faster since patches 1.04 or patch 1,05 onwards,

pad users complained in our league from day one they could not drive F2 car , guess what since patches 1.04 onwards ,pad users are around 4 seconds per lap faster,  no tc feels like med tc and med tc feels like no tc,

for wheel users ffb has made game almost unplayable due to ffb does not tell u what f1 is doing from patches 1.04 1.05,onwards ,

when f1 2019 first came out the game was a natural sim and left a huge smile on everyone's faces because FFB was so informative ,you could balance car thru corners with pin point accuracy , from patch 1.04/05 ffb was horrible muted ,

last note , car set ups were great ,you had to run simular front and rear wings dependant on tracks, and if you spent a little while testing with 1 click car adjustments it worked,

now car setups are crazy from wing on 1 with rear wing on 12 in time trails for fastest Laps, and this is all from patches 1.04 or patch 1.05 onwards ,

also I've tried reproducing ffb myself , I borrowed a disc version f12019 and did not let it update itself , guess what FFB was amazing , ,

last thing why now are dirt 2.0 cars and rally X cars more stable to drive then the f12019 cars ,  now that don't make any sense,

lastly I thankyou for replying back to us , sorry my post was so long .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

Hiya Hoo ,

PS4 , uk

T300 , league owner currently f1 2019 ,

senna vs Prost legends edition from Sony psn store 

from day one FFB was brilliant ,you could feel all the little track and corner details thru ffb to wheel, upto patch 1,04 maybe patch 1.05,

careers mode ,ffb was muted around 30% from patch 1,04 to 1.05 , ffb muted 30%

time trial again ffb was excellent upto patch 1.04 or patch 1.05,  ffb muted 25% 

multiplayer is probably the worst affected area for ffb since patch 1.04 or 1.05, ffb muted 45%,

my t300 firmware and all upto date,,

ive tried T150 and g29 wheel and ffb is just as bad,

please not its not something you can reproduce unless you go back to the exact patch with legends edition which had 3 day early access from day the game was sold ,

also note pad vs wheel was equal from day one ,that's a fact , pad users are 1 to 3 seconds faster per lap dependant on track,since patches 1,04 onwards ,

Using no assists from day one was faster , now using assists is now faster since patches 1.04 or patch 1,05 onwards,

pad users complained in our league from day one they could not drive F2 car , guess what since patches 1.04 onwards ,pad users are around 4 seconds per lap faster,  no tc feels like med tc and med tc feels like no tc,

for wheel users ffb has made game almost unplayable due to ffb does not tell u what f1 is doing from patches 1.04 1.05,onwards ,

when f1 2019 first came out the game was a natural sim and left a huge smile on everyone's faces because FFB was so informative ,you could balance car thru corners with pin point accuracy , from patch 1.04/05 ffb was horrible muted ,

last note , car set ups were great ,you had to run simular front and rear wings dependant on tracks, and if you spent a little while testing with 1 click car adjustments it worked,

now car setups are crazy from wing on 1 with rear wing on 12 in time trails for fastest Laps, and this is all from patches 1.04 or patch 1.05 onwards ,

also I've tried reproducing ffb myself , I borrowed a disc version f12019 and did not let it update itself , guess what FFB was amazing , ,

last thing why now are dirt 2.0 cars and rally X cars more stable to drive then the f12019 cars ,  now that don't make any sense,

lastly I thankyou for replying back to us , sorry my post was so long .

It’s crazy when you see the telemetry data associated with pad users vs wheel users. Maybe the future of eSports will be pad users. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@Hoo

My T300 settings;

FFB 100
Effect track 20
Effect curbs 30
Effect out track 20
wheel damper 10

I really don't like the muffed FFB on the F1 2019 game.

You can really feel the FFB different for example between the Red Bull 2018 and Red Bull 2019 game. The FFB in the 2018 game is much better and not so Muffed/weak as in the 2019 game.

This is one of the 2 main reason (other is the engine sound of 2019) i am really dissapointed i did buy the F1 2019 game day one.

Hereby my reply;

• What platform you are on (including pro or base version if on PS4) PS4 PRO

• What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected THRUSTMASTER T300 WITH F1 ADD ON WHEEL

• What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC) FIRMWARE 29

• What control scheme you are using (preset or custom) CUSTOM

• What advanced steering wheel settings you are using F1 ADD ON

• What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues. CHAMPIONSHIP MODE AND TIME TRIAL

• Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track. DID RE-INSTALL THE PS4 GAME AND STILL THIS ISSUE

• A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour THE FFB ON THE T300 WHEEL IS LOWER AND LESS NOTICEBLE ON THE F1 2019 GAME THEN ON THE F1 2018. 

You can just try 1 circuit for the 2018 game and after that try the same circuit in the 2019 game. You should be able to notice on the 2019 gane that the FFB is very weak in compare to 2018 game.

One last note: the F2 FFB is really really great!! Never change that!!

Edited by GioProductions
Extra info
  • Like 1

@Hoo

• What platform you are on: Base Ps4.
  • What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected: Thrustmaster T300rs with GTE Rim, T3PA pedals.
  • What firmware your wheel is on: latest V29
  • What control scheme you are using: Custom.
  • What advanced steering wheel settings you are using: Default, everything set to 0.
  • What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues: TT feels the strongest and consistent of all of modes. Grand Prix is around 20% less, Ranked online feels slightly better than unranked online, but it's around 30% less. I've had to make a separate FFB setting for online use.
  • Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track: Yes it always happens without fail. However you start up . Car feels and looks slow to play. Especially in corners. 
  • A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour: FFB isn't consistent across all game modes. Feels weaker and hollow if that makes sense. No tight feeling in the centre. Not a lot of information anymore. Wheel is changing DOR by itself too. I set it to 360deg in game and on the wheel, 2 red flashes on the wheel base. When it changes itself it goes to 900deg, 4 flashes on the wheel base. Skewing the FFB up. Using a pad together with the wheel triggers it. Pressing the share button to bring up the side menu either by accident or to save a screenshot/video clip then returning to game triggers it. Using theatre/photo mode triggers it. Pressing Ps4 button to read a message or accept an invite to a race lobby triggers it, nightmare for my league this one I have to manually reset to 360deg before heading out to track. My wheel needs 1 and a half turns lock to lock instead of 180deg when it happens. I can reproduce it every time with the above mentioned. The pad doesn't have to be be connected at the same time for the DOR issue to arise either it happens with the pad on or off.
Edited by YesItsReallyMe
Tag & Additional information

Thanks for all of the info everyone. We're taking a look into this to see if we can see what might be going on.

• Like 1

• Base Version PS4
    • Thrustmaster T300 with F1 Ferrari add-on
    • Firmware 29
    • Custom
    • Saturation at 12, Wheel rotation at 270 degrees
    • In Time Trial there are NO ISSUES. When riding a league race it is disastrous., FFB is nearly gone
    • Yes, it occurs without a fail
  • A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour.
    • It is pretty simple, in Time Trial Mode the FFB is great. In mulitplayer mode (so also league), the FFB is nearly gone, like a super powersteering is enabled.
Edited by JackLane1982

What platform you are on (including pro or base version if on PS4)
PS 4 Pro
What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected
Fanatec Direct Drive F1 2018 Limited Wheel
What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC)
Firmware 340
What control scheme you are using (preset or custom)
Custom
What advanced steering wheel settings you are using
Wheel rotation at 300 degrees
What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues.
In the time trial it is ok. In Grand Prix mode too. The problem with too little grip you have in online league races. The cars are set equally strong. But you have less grip in the same weather conditions as the Mercedes in GP mode.
Partly unpredictable.
When everything is going bad, it's like ice!

Next big problem is that pad driver does not have the problem.
Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track
Yes, it occurs without a fail
A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour.
One has the feeling that the track has much less grip than it really has.
Or that not all drivers have the same grip conditions.
One feels the FF less than in time trial or GP mode.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, Hoo said:

Thanks for all of the info everyone. We're taking a look into this to see if we can see what might be going on.

@Hoo have you guys managed to find anything with these issues? Still got weak FFB online and the DOR changing itself issue. Thanks