T300 FFB is broken since patch 1.06 ps4 uk [SG]

On 9/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, Hoo said:

Thanks for all of the info everyone. We're taking a look into this to see if we can see what might be going on.

@Hoo have you guys managed to find anything with these issues? Still got weak FFB online and the DOR changing itself issue. Thanks

@Hoo @RedDevilKT is there any updates you can give us on this/these issue please. It's been a while since we were told it was being looked at after asking us to post further information on the matter.

Offline and online just feel like 2 different games. Online is not a pleasant experience especially in unranked lobbies on a T300 wheel. 

Hi All,

We've had a couple of our wheel experts looking at this for a while now and we are unable to spot the issue as reported. The only time we saw problems was when our wheel overheated. We did encounter an issue where the wheel rotation was being reset when going to the system menu during an online race and will be looking into a fix for that.

To help us track down the issue with FFB being weak in online modes (which seems to be the most reported problem here), please can you try the following test and confirm whether you are seeing the problem in this instance:

1. Launch a Grand Prix session on Silverstone using the Mercedes car and default vehicle setup.
  2. Race some laps and see how the force feedback feels
  3. Exit Grand Prix and then host a new Unranked session on Silverstone.
  4. Set the lobby to be a race only session, 5 laps in length, and set it to use the Multiplayer car.
  5. Have someone join the session and then drive some laps to see how the force feedback feel.

The above test does not produce issues for us, so I want to confirm whether we are getting different results to you, or whether some other aspect of the game setup is causing problems.

Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We've had a couple of our wheel experts looking at this for a while now and we are unable to spot the issue as reported. The only time we saw problems was when our wheel overheated. We did encounter an issue where the wheel rotation was being reset when going to the system menu during an online race and will be looking into a fix for that.

To help us track down the issue with FFB being weak in online modes (which seems to be the most reported problem here), please can you try the following test and confirm whether you are seeing the problem in this instance:

1. Launch a Time Trial session on Silverstone using the Mercedes car and default vehicle setup.
  2. Race some laps and see how the force feedback feels
  3. Exit Time Trial and then host a new Unranked session on Silverstone.
  4. Set the lobby to be a race only session, 5 laps in length, and set it to use the Multiplayer car.
  5. Have someone join the session and then drive some laps to see how the force feedback feel.

The above test does not produce issues for us, so I want to confirm whether we are getting different results to you, or whether some other aspect of the game setup is causing problems.

Thanks.

Thanks @Hoo will try this an report back. On a side note I did a league race at China last week FFB felt good for online. Then this week we did Bahrain and the FFB was mushy again you could feel it kicking in and dropping off at various parts of the track. It's like the FFB is getting wonky input signals. This was in unranked lobby and using official 2019 cars. My wheel online doesn't get as warm as offline I run the fan in always on mode too.

@senna94f1 they have asked for a further test on the FFB.

Sorry - I just updated the above steps to use Grand Prix mode as this should give a better match to the online conditions when using a race session in clear weather.

Another thing to mention is whether you have the "Understeer Enhance" option enabled or disabled. I would recommend trying with this set to "off" for the moment as this has a tendency to lighten the feeling of the steering when exceeding grip levels.

The Force Feedback is not the same in online mode as in GP mode!
Car both times the Mercedes. Car strength same.

@Hoo Codemasters is working on the problem that controller drivers on the PS4 have advantages over wheel drivers?

Hi @LILLHELM - did you run the above set of steps on Silverstone to confirm whether this causes the same issue?

I will do the test later.

But, the problem is not Time Trail vs. Online lobby, special GP mode vs. Online lobby.

In GP mode with the Mercedes, everything feels wonderful.
In the online lobby is suddenly with the cars (performance at the same)
much less grip there. Under the same weather conditions, etc

Thanks hoo,

one of of the best ways to see the ffb diffence for wheel users is drive the classic 2000 f1 cars around austria and you can feel the huge diffence in how the ffb feels to the f1 2019 cars, that's in time trial ,

and that's what the ffb in the f12019 cars have lost in feeling since patches,,

on dayone release all f1 cars including 2019 cars and all classic cars the ffb felt All felt the same , that's now the diffence ,only classic ffb 2000 cars feel brilliant ,

i never have have the enhance oversteer set to on as this makes wheel far too strange ,always set to off,

i will try what you asked for hoo but I've invested hundreds of hours racing testing in all weathers and unranked multiplayer invite only ,

when the ffb issues started for wheel users I thought my wheel was broken ,it was not as I have a spare wheel ,

in in one of the patch updates these issuses suddenly appeared ,hence why I said to be on safe side rollback to patch 1.03 ,

as I say I will do as you ask but it won't make any difference ,and secondly pad users need to be rained in as there unbeatable in 7 patches  

Edited by senna94f1

@Hoo I've tried this, here is my findings. I'll try to be brief as I can but I ended up writing a load of notes down.

Turned on Ps4 and wheel calibrated okay. I set the t300 base to 2 flashes on DOR. Loaded the game.

Went straight into Silverstone GP mode. I did 30 mins practice and ran on every set of tyres 3 laps each. Used the same setup throughout this test. The balanced default one and only change brake bias to 54 and diff to 65 on track from MFD not in the pits.

First lap on Hards in practice felt like track was green and not rubbered in as in real life but halfway round the lap the FFB gave the impression that the tyres had switched on. FFB felt good. First lap with mediums FFB was good a little stronger and same with soft, a little stronger than mediums. I put this down to FFB giving impression of difference between compounds.

Did one shot qually on softs. FFB was strong, stronger than practice. Started a 5 lap race, FFB wasn't as strong as qually but halfway round the first lap it gave impression of tyres switching on again and then stabilised.

During this I had a report code. I had to pause to take a phone call report code was shown VBXT-EKVX-PRAJ-HBEG.

Set up unranked with multiplayer car and 5 laps. The FFB in this mode felt the same as offline I'd just done but was getting more detail of bumps and tracks effects, oh how I wish all online FFB felt like this. It felt really nice.

Back to menu after 5 laps in ranked. Game options, settings, another report code there XHME-PBKX-KRAJ-HBEG. I always seem to have a report code in this screen no matter if I've races or going in straight from booking up.

Left it a couple of hours and tried again.

Booted up exactly same as I did on first go but this time I checked my FFB settings from the game options first. Another code TSAK-BBBV-BEBJ-HBEG. I carried on the test.

Exactly same setup, one shot qually and 5 laps in gp mode. the FFB was mushy it was like it was being suppressed and felt like the issue were gettin online. Car was all over road. I paused the game and used a flashback, after the flashback the FFB kicked in but didn't feel as strong as test 1 earlier in day.

Tried this in unranked with multiplayer car and the FFB felt the same mushy and not a lot of strength.

Quit the game and rebooted, went straight in gp mode again and the FFB was back to being how it should and the same for unranked with multiplayer car.

Out of curiousity I tried same test at Bahrain. The FFB felt better than my league race on Monday night there but not as strong as Silverstone. As the guys above have said Silverstone is a strong FFB track anyway but Bahrain was about 3 quarters compared to what silverstone is. Used exact same setup as Silverstone.

Conclusions....

The FFB feels better for me using multiplayer car in unranked. But there is difference in strength between tracks. But better than the weak effect I've been getting using official 2019 cars. The car handles a lot better, turns better etc and my laps times are quicker using MP car on default setup rather than official cars and a custom setup. 

The custom setups feel fine offline and in TT. Feel awful for my league races. FFB wise.

If anymore info you need or you need me to test anything else I'll be happy to. Really want to get to bottom of this as it's affecting my league racing.

It's good to see a fix for the system menu issue. But I don't have to be in a race for that to happen. It happens for me in main menu aswell as racing. I have to accept a invite by going to system menu with pressing ps button and it makes the DOR change. I have to manually recalibrate wheel again to 2 flashes before heading out onto track once the lobby is running in qually. Will the fix cover that aswell as a general system menu glitch.

Sorry it's a long post. Just wanted to pass over as much info as possible. Try Silverstone again then try Bahrain.

I never use understeer on setting. It's always turned off.

After doing this test the weak/suppressed FFB feels like you driving on track with it green not rubbered in on hardest set of tyres that never switch on. It's best way I can describe it.

Edited by YesItsReallyMe
Additional info
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 6 September 2019 at 4:17 PM, Hoo said:

Hi,

I've updated the title to keep this thread focused on the technical issues as I can't help with the refund part of the original post!

We've taken a look at the issue reported and haven't been able to find any changes when switching from patch 1.05 to patch 1.06 using the T300 on the PS4. For anyone experiencing the problems, please let us know the following:

• What platform you are on (including pro or base version if on PS4)
  • Standand ps4,
  •  
  • What make and model of wheel you are using, plus any pedals and other controllers you might have connected
  • T300/ triple pedals, Sony wireless headphones,
  •  
  • What firmware your wheel is on (and what driver version you are using if on PC)
  • i updated my wheel again on my gaming PC,
  •  
  • What control scheme you are using (preset or custom)
  • preset and custom, makes no difference,,
  •  
  • What advanced steering wheel settings you are using ,
  • preset or custom wheel settings won't change how bad the ffb feels,
  •  
  • What game modes you are playing when noticing these issues. Please also check to see if this occurs in Time Trial too as this is the simplest test bed for checking handling issues.
  • Ffb is really bad in GP mode, not on this very often,
  • Ffb feels best in time trial,
  • unranked multiplayer feels dumbed down 

Best way I can describe is try the classic 2000 cars and Ffb feels brilliant,, 

from dayone release the f12019 cars ffb felt just as good as classic 2000 F1 cars,

But now the F12019 cars Ffb feels terrible , feels dull or dumbed down ,

if your wheel experts can't feel the difference then there not wheel experts ,

ive hundreds and hundreds of hours testing, practicing and league racing ,

the f1 2019 cars have lost that fine Ffb feeling thru to the wheel,

my wheel does not get hot or lose its rotation,

my wheel rotation is always set to 300%

•  
  • Whether the issue occurs from a fresh boot of the game and going straight to the track
  • A detailed description of what problems / changes you have noticed in the wheel behaviour

With the above info we should be able to replicate the setup in our test lab and see of we can spot the issue.

Thanks.

Edited by senna94f1
Please rollback to patch 1.03 .
  • Thanks 1

My settings are set to default. I would like to change things but I am assuming the wheel wasn't optimized if I had altered things. 

My settings are 125, 25, 25, 10, 4.

Rotation: 360, however, I tried 340 and seems to be quicker at some tracks. Honestly, why? It shouldn't. 

My Thrustmaster TS-XW with the Open Wheel Add-on never gets hot. It never feels like its losing strength during a race, as I have compared in different race modes in the game. The wheel in multiplayer immediately loses strength in an unranked server (league races) and TT seems to have a glitch or an issue with performance. 

Regardless, its not my equipment. 

Edited by ShelbyUSA

@YesItsReallyMe - excellent work! Thanks for this info. We're trying to hunt down what is going on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hoo said:

@YesItsReallyMe - excellent work! Thanks for this info. We're trying to hunt down what is going on here.

the same is true for g29, ffb almost non-existent even when switching from gp mode to online. as if ffb died. and just as strange that in q there is more grip than halfway through the race at 50%

• Agree 2

It feel even worst now I just went online to do the weekly event.

I had no sound again twice now in this 1 event & it felt like the track was smooth didn't or slightly felt any thing like riding on air

11 hours ago, Hoo said:

What about me and everyone else who have relentlessly posted and helped by spending hours and hours on f12019,

and been posting about the ffb issue for 2 months ,

no des respect (yes it's me ) but you've posted one post in here and your getting thanked for excellent work , only kidding but it is kinda strange thou how you get thanked yet no one else got a pat on the back,

we just got ignored hahaha. Literally 😍

now that is cheesy of codemasters, 

thanks Hoo 

Edited by senna94f1
Not getting thanked lol
  • Confused 1

@senna94f1 I'm sorry to have "hijacked your post" I've posted more than once in here with info for the issue we all seem to be having to help get this sorted for us all. I even tagged you the other day to make sure you got the info on the test he was wanting doing. Any further issues I'll message hoo direct instead of posting in here and seemingly causing an issue.

First time I've tried the new patch this evening. 1.12. went to Bahrain 5 laps in gp mode Mercedes. FFB felt off.

Went into settings from the main menu to the controller and FFB settings and duplicated my FFB setup, enabled it, then deleted my old one. Quit the game then rebooted, FFB was back to being how it was on patch 1.10.

Just incase it HELPS anyone...

• Agree 1

I was only kidding,

it benefits all of us the more we all post ,

i personally welcome any posts to highlight the ffb issue, 

lastly thankyou for taking the time to test and post and repost on here,

sadly as a league owner for many years with f1 games ,Pcars 1 and 2 along with assetto corsa and dirt rally 1and 2.0 ,sometimes iracing on my PC,

sadly after a great release f12019 ,ffb felt as good as Pcars2 , the patches spoilt f12019 for wheel users 

pour league is going PCARS 2 again,

oh how I wish it was f12019 , plus pad vs wheel needs to be fixed ,

weve had enough along with many other leading leagues ,

And  remember we don't get a free copy of codemasters games, we have to buy the actual game unlike YouTubers who get free games and play for couple of hours upon release,just to get YouTube views ,

I say it again in the GP mode I am satisfied with the FFB. It feels good to very good.
It's just that in the online lobby in LIga racing, it seems to be fainter. Likewise, the track seems to be slower under the same conditions in online mode than in GP mode. Why?
It's good as it works in GP mode.

• Agree 1

Up100 , explain what you didn't get in the ( hoo) thanking (yes it's me ) post ,

what confused you that didn't confuse anyone else 😂😂😂

UP100 ,I've a feeling I know you lol, could be wrong,

my ps4 tag mark___f1 , maybe we could link up and test together f12019 ,

sadly as a beloved f1 fan our leagues decided to ditch f12019 and yes even 18 aswell ,

and go back to Pcars 2, cuts out all this hope of codemasters actually fixing f12019,

tbh we had a blast tonight in our leagues with Pcars 2 and remember this game is 2 years old,

all the best and banter is good and should not be taken badly or personal.

Edited by senna94f1

Hi everyone,

I can't help being a bit little frustrated over f12019 on the ps4 ,

I've taken a lot of my personal time testing and trying to get the point over how much the ffb has changed since patch 1.03.

ive personally never heard of anyone's wheel overheating racing f12019,

only game that does overheat your wheel and my t300 and t150  is dirt rally 2.0 ,just ask the sim racing community,

its one of the 1st things they say is dirt rally 2.0 , is a wheel killer,

as I've said there's 2 ways to test ffb on a wheel and both are very simple ,

test 1 ,  try f12010 classic McLaren around any track in default set up and car transmits wonderful ffb,

you can catch the cars and go thru low , med and high speed corners and hit the apex ,it feels perfect 

now try the f12019 cars around same track or any with default setup and the car transmits bad confusing ffb back to wheel, car feels like a London bus, heavy ,slow unresponsive,, the modern car should feel amazing,

now both cars had amazing ffb at dayone release patch 1.03 ,so clearly with each passing patch it's affecting the ffb for wheel users,

test 2, can only be done if you have disc version, install f12019 , do not let game update itself,

turn wifi off , now try f12019 cars ,ffb feels great , fingertip precise steering, car feels wonderful balanced,

graphics look breathtaking, 

test 3 which goes with test 2,

test 3, let game updates itself to current patch 1.12 , 

classic f12010 McLaren still has excellent ffb being transmitted to wheel,  try f12019 car , it's like driving a house brick on wheels,   Even graphics have suffered a hit ,ffb is bad on the f12019 cars,

the above are straight forward tests ,

hope this helps the wheel experts guys or girls , as I say I want this game to be a huge success and I want success for codemasters,   The sim community are here to help.

Thanks to everyone that has been helping out with this issue! 🙂 

The description pointed out by @YesItsReallyMe identified an issue with the menu screens that appears to be causing the FFB settings to go wrong in some situations. We don't have a fix yet, but were able to follow their steps and replicate the issue here for the first time! We are now doing further tests in the area to help track down what is going on. 

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to replicate any other issues - we've done comparisons with different versions of the game across GP and online game modes using the Mercedes and have yet to find any differences.

@senna94f1 - are you able to confirm what game mode and tracks you were using in your test and then we'll try that out here?

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Thanks to everyone that has been helping out with this issue! 🙂 

The description pointed out by @YesItsReallyMe identified an issue with the menu screens that appears to be causing the FFB settings to go wrong in some situations. We don't have a fix yet, but were able to follow their steps and replicate the issue here for the first time! We are now doing further tests in the area to help track down what is going on. 

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to replicate any other issues - we've done comparisons with different versions of the game across GP and online game modes using the Mercedes and have yet to find any differences.

@senna94f1 - are you able to confirm what game mode and tracks you were using in your test and then we'll try that out here?

@Hoo have you compared telemetry data?