Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Just do it like ACC

Played ACC after long F1 2019 marathon and damn that ffb and car feeling is insane.I know GT3 car and F1 car is very different but if codies could take inspiration from ACC it could be very good.In ACC you perfectly feel what car doing every weight transfer bumps on track is huge difference.You can really feel there is bumps on track and not only random vibrations.I love that very strong forces on long turns but very light wheel for countersteering.The steering wheel just do exactly same shakes over bumbs what you can see on real onboard vids.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Neomo said:

Played ACC after long F1 2019 marathon and damn that ffb and car feeling is insane.I know GT3 car and F1 car is very different but if codies could take inspiration from ACC it could be very good.In ACC you perfectly feel what car doing every weight transfer bumps on track is huge difference.You can really feel there is bumps on track and not only random vibrations.I love that very strong forces on long turns but very light wheel for countersteering.The steering wheel just do exactly same shakes over bumbs what you can see on real onboard vids.

I'm thinking of getting this, but I'm not sure if it will run very well on my PC. 

Is the ffb in this very different from Assetto Corsa? Specifically did they address the issue they had in AC where you couldn't feel tyre flex very well and there was too much lateral movement and not enough squat in on-throttle wheelspin type situations? Or is that irrelevant due to traction control in GT 3 cars? 

13 minutes ago, Salvador17 said:

I'm thinking of getting this, but I'm not sure if it will run very well on my PC. 

Is the ffb in this very different from Assetto Corsa? Specifically did they address the issue they had in AC where you couldn't feel tyre flex very well and there was too much lateral movement and not enough squat in on-throttle wheelspin type situations? Or is that irrelevant due to traction control in GT 3 cars? 

You have to try it.It is different from AC.Overall ffb is really stiff but in tight corners or shikanes is light for fast direction changes.Compared to AC you have feel you really drive on tyres.AC is good but i feel like there is no tyres its feel very stiff.ACC feels more natural for me.But thats only my opinion you have to try it.But best feel is over bumps for me.I love how the steering wheel "swing" there.

EDIT:Best example of nonsense vibration on F1 is SPA.Through eau rouge and chicane your wheel motor almost jump out of your base.Its fee like you just crash and lost your wheels instead of bump effect.

Edited by Neomo

42 minutes ago, Neomo said:

You have to try it.It is different from AC.Overall ffb is really stiff but in tight corners or shikanes is light for fast direction changes.Compared to AC you have feel you really drive on tyres.AC is good but i feel like there is no tyres its feel very stiff.ACC feels more natural for me.But thats only my opinion you have to try it.But best feel is over bumps for me.I love how the steering wheel "swing" there.

EDIT:Best example of nonsense vibration on F1 is SPA.Through eau rouge and chicane your wheel motor almost jump out of your base.Its fee like you just crash and lost your wheels instead of bump effect.

Thanks. I'm glad you don't think it feels stiff because that is my main gripe with AC as it makes the tyres feel like they're made of solid rubber and there is no flex. 

I think I might have to update my PC though, but I'll still get it when I have a bit more time to play to see how it runs. 

Edited by Salvador17

Why ACC instead of rF2 for example? Because these kinds of threads are quite pointless. Most likely ACC devs won't be showing Codies what they're doing, and there are different ways the FFB should work (For example some games may add the drivers' g-forces to the FFB, so that the player has a better feeling and it helps with centering the wheel as well). DiRT Rally 2.0 has also had a lot of complaining that the FFB is worse, even though Codies were making it more realistic by stripping down the FFB features (or something, DiRT guys please correct me!)

What wouldn't be pointless? Giving us your FFB settings in-game and through the wheel's own settings and saying what doesn't feel right 🙂 There have been times in which we have had DGreco confused about how we don't feel what he feels for example. Who knows, maybe the wheel you have requires different settings in F1 2019?

9 hours ago, Salvador17 said:

The physics wheel model in ACC was revised several times since AC.
You might wanna have a look:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyres-oh-its-raining.50739/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/introducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

ACCs tire model IS the most accurate in simracing today!

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Neomo said:

Played ACC after long F1 2019 marathon and damn that ffb and car feeling is insane.I know GT3 car and F1 car is very different but if codies could take inspiration from ACC it could be very good.In ACC you perfectly feel what car doing every weight transfer bumps on track is huge difference.You can really feel there is bumps on track and not only random vibrations.I love that very strong forces on long turns but very light wheel for counter-steering. The steering wheel just do exactly same shakes over bumbs what you can see on real on-board vids.

CM are still rookies in simulation, they're not even a year in. KUNOS has been doing it for more than a decade. Give them time. They still have a lot of work to do with the tire model and they need a better track model. If you use telemetry that log's your data you'll understand what I'm speaking off.   

Edited by Striker_703

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

CM are still rookies in simulation, they're not even a year in. KUNOS has been doing it for more than a decade. Give them time. They still have a lot of work to do with the tire model and they need a better track model. If you use telemetry that log's your data you'll understand what I'm speaking off.   

They aint even close. The fanbase they aim for have no interest in a more sim like game.. You only need to see the early access youtube streamers to realize that... If they want to go the sim route then do it, dont half arse it.... 

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Why ACC instead of rF2 for example? Because these kinds of threads are quite pointless. Most likely ACC devs won't be showing Codies what they're doing, and there are different ways the FFB should work (For example some games may add the drivers' g-forces to the FFB, so that the player has a better feeling and it helps with centering the wheel as well). DiRT Rally 2.0 has also had a lot of complaining that the FFB is worse, even though Codies were making it more realistic by stripping down the FFB features (or something, DiRT guys please correct me!)

What wouldn't be pointless? Giving us your FFB settings in-game and through the wheel's own settings and saying what doesn't feel right 🙂 There have been times in which we have had DGreco confused about how we don't feel what he feels for example. Who knows, maybe the wheel you have requires different settings in F1 2019?

I understand that ACC wont share they know how to codies but if you feel something from wheel in one game you could try to replicate it on your game. But ofc it isnt easy and i could be completely wrong. Maybe codies still afraid to make more sim bcs there is much gamepad players but ACC is playable on gamepad too.I believe rF2 is very good but i didnt play it for long time.

• Like 1

They'll focus more on the simulation aspect, they've already opened the box @SimracerGysepy. They're still learning and developing. They can get a great deal of data during the off season from the teams due to the new cars inbound. Apply what is given and hit the road running and deliver something ground breaking. And they only way that is possible is working with the teams and drivers. Made Studio did it with Project Cars 1-2. Kunos has been doing it for years mainly with Ferrari. Let's not forget Sim Raceway who pioneered working with teams and drivers. Allan McNish and one other Le Mans champion was on the board and they were both test drivers of the software. I can go on and other developers, but the point is. The fan base which is clear. Along with this is their first true stab at simulation. 

I've been enjoying this industry for more than three decades. I've raced old school stand-up black-white screen, stand-up Pole Position, on pc's with keyboards and wheel's and consuls. I've seen the bad, good and at times unthinkable. With CM focusing on the simulation model of the tires first is a good thing. I only know of one other developer than started on this same path. Just give them time.  

Edited by Striker_703

1 hour ago, SimracerGysepy said:

They aint even close. The fanbase they aim for have no interest in a more sim like game.. You only need to see the early access youtube streamers to realize that... If they want to go the sim route then do it, dont half arse it.... 

I think people are exaggerating about how good Assetto Corsa is in terms of ffb and physics. I suspect that this is due to the fact that it does a very good job at communicating tyre slip. But there is no doubt that it is also deficient in other areas, lack of tyre flex feel and excessive lateral movement on-throttle and not enough squat being the main ones. 

With regard to f1 2019 in contrast, I think people are devaluing how good it really is, despite the relatively simple tyre model. But in terms of feel, it feels more convincing that the modern single seaters in AC ever felt. The way the wheelspin and the forward thrust of the car is simulated and conveyed through the ffb in particular is far superior in F1 2019 than in ASsetto corsa, and nearly as good as it is in Pcars2.

The ffb in f1 2019 will be refined incrementally each year, I'm sure, but I don't think it should copy anyone; it's gotta be right for these high downforce, high grip hybrid f1 cars. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, EnsiFerrum said:

Thanks for that. I'm sure the ffb and physics is really good in this now, and I'm really curious to see how it feels, although I'm not crazy about gt3 cars, which is one of the reasons why ive been putting off getting this.