Patch Notes for 1.09 – Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, JordyCruijff said:

Great to see that the Ai is still going into the wall when side by side with the player in turn 3 at Baku...

Same thing on turn-in for the chicane after the tunnel at Monaco. But it's been like that since 2017, so you won't see it fixed anytime soon - clearly not a priority.

Quick question i am in season 3 of my career and Alfa Romeo has nearly maxed out am I better off starting again with career ? I’m with Haas and I just can’t keep up with R&D 😔

If the driver transfers get fixed and the AI development is indeed fixed! Then theres a small chance I will get this if its not full price. I will be watching the forum closely.

With that said I am still enjoying last years lesser broken game so might wait for 2020s game. Maybe a 2 year game between mightcmake games feel a step has been taken.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much @Faya,

You had mentioned that about Fanatec F1 Wheels there will be no further update for not working buttons. 

But big big surprise, every single button is working now(PS4), many many many thanks...

Edited by oner7

38 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Same thing on turn-in for the chicane after the tunnel at Monaco. But it's been like that since 2017, so you won't see it fixed anytime soon - clearly not a priority.

And no damage to the car? Hmmm

• Agree 1

On xbox one x the formula fanatex wheel rotatory still the same....no work.....they add support just on ps4?no comment

Guys, did you test with the Fanatec Podium DD1 PS4 rim?  Because this wheel is no longer recognized in the game, and no it's not my wheel.  It works fine in the PS4 OS and in other games (GT Sport, etc).  This worked fine in F1 2019 before this patch.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

On xbox one x the formula fanatex wheel rotatory still the same....no work.....they add support just on ps4?no comment

FWIW Xbox does have additional limitations with Fanatec products at the XB1 OS level.  This is why you don't get separate inputs for gas/brake (those are hard coded to LT/RT in games).  This differs from PS4, for example.  On PS4 the pedals register as unique inputs from Fanatec products, which then allows custom remapping of those wheel face buttons (L2/R2) in most games.  This is a frustrating limitation from Microsoft and how they make use of the SDK, per Fanatec support.  Used to drive me crazy when trying to play PC2 on XB1 and missing 4 face buttons from the wheel compared to my PS4.  Anyway, I have no idea if Codemasters can work around that limitation or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the limited SDK support makes supporting the additional buttons more difficult on Xbox.  Well see.

Edited by BadFlounder

11 minutes ago, BadFlounder said:

FWIW Xbox does have additional limitations with Fanatec products at the XB1 OS level.  This is why you don't get separate inputs for gas/brake (those are hard coded to LT/RT in games).  This differs from PS4, for example.  On PS4 the pedals register as unique inputs from Fanatec products, which then allows custom remapping of those wheel face buttons (L2/R2) in most games.  This is a frustrating limitation from Microsoft and how they make use of the SDK, per Fanatec support.  Used to drive me crazy when trying to play PC2 on XB1 and missing 4 face buttons from the wheel compared to my PS4.  Anyway, I have no idea if Codemasters can work around that limitation or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if that makes supporting the additional buttons more difficult on Xbox.  Well see.

Thank you for the reply,but is very frustrating...they write today"add support fanatec wheel"but no explain that is just for ps work...don't make me dream.

I hope to resolve this problem with the new console,but if continue..well..bye bye Microsoft.

P.s.

I No forget about the other problems have this game.....

Just now, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Thank you for the reply,but is very frustrating...they write today"add support fanatec wheel"but no explain that is just for ps work...don't make me dream.

I hope to resolve this problem with the new console,but if continue..well..bye bye Microsoft.

P.s.

I No forget about the other problems have this game.....

I agree.  It's frustrating all around.  Codemasters will need to clarify if this is PS4 only or not.  I just know from experience that the Xbox does have some built-in limitations regarding button support on Fanatec products and it does differ from PS4 in that regard.  So this might be out of Codemasters control.  We'll see if that is the case.

I was all excited to try my Podium DD1 PS4 rim out to see if the additional buttons now work on my F1 rim, but the entire wheel base is no longer recognized in F1 2019!  Ugh.  One step forward, two steps back.

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, BadFlounder said:

Guys, did you test with the Fanatec Podium DD1 PS4 rim?  Because this wheel is no longer recognized in the game, and no it's not my wheel.  It works fine in the PS4 OS and in other games (GT Sport, etc).  This worked fine in F1 2019 before this patch.

Same problem😡

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, BadFlounder said:

I agree.  It's frustrating all around.  Codemasters will need to clarify if this is PS4 only or not.  I just know from experience that the Xbox does have some built-in limitations regarding button support on Fanatec products and it does differ from PS4 in that regard.  So this might be out of Codemasters control.  We'll see if that is the case.

I was all excited to try my Podium DD1 PS4 rim out to see if the additional buttons now work on my F1 rim, but the entire wheel base is no longer recognized in F1 2019!  Ugh.  One step forward, two steps back.

They make an hardware just for ps and don t work on it....shame.....sorry man

• Like 1

@Faya I dont know if i am the only one to have this issue but since two or three weeks now, when i go to higher gear like 7 or 8 my car randomly and suddenly turn left and it could do it like 2 or 3 time on a straight line. 

3 hours ago, Techstyler81 said:

Vous attendiez-vous à quelque chose de différent? J'ai été suspendu pendant 3 jours pour avoir critiqué publiquement Faya et Codemasters. Mais j'avais raison de le faire. Comme vous pouvez le constater, même avec la mise à jour 1.09, vous ne pouvez voir aucun des problèmes mentionnés à plusieurs reprises (réglage Pad vs. Wheel & Weather). Je m'en tiens à ça. Codemasters est ****

it's weird I had the same fate as you.  CM and really ***** 

When will silly midseason driver transfers be disabled?

When will we be able to edit the weather in career?

When will we get HUD customization on consoles?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Why the hell is it that the players on Xbox are played so hard when it comes to fanatec. You buy a fricking 1200€ plus set to play on Xbox and most of the fancy buttons don't work. And there is no disclaimer whatsoever that xbox compability is (very) limited. I demand clarification if we're ever going to see the support for fanatec on Xbox and if it's going to be anytime soon. If it's beeing tried to be achieved I would like to know if Microsoft has been involved on this and if so what is the status of that?! 

Also, it's very crude to post patch notes and get people hyped instead of just putting 'not for Xbox' in brackets behind it. 

@Faya I would very much like to read what your company has to say about this. And I think it is more than fair to have a short statement on the things above. 

• Like 1

I wanted to ask if tilt to steer is going to be added? I cannot afford a wheel right now, and the other sims i play on PS4 have this option and it tives me a good feel of what the car is doing.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LILLHELM said:
  • Added additional support for Fanatec wheels

What does that mean exactly?

Got my Podium Advanced Paddles today and mounting them at the moment.
Will have a look in a few minutes (15 - 20 minutes, mounting them is a job for someone who killed father and mother! Made from engineers for engineers.)

Will report later.  

41 minutes ago, EnsiFerrum said:

Got my Podium Advanced Paddles today and mounting them at the moment.
Will have a look in a few minutes (15 - 20 minutes, mounting them is a job for someone who killed father and mother! Made from engineers for engineers.)

Will report later.  

OK, first test positiv as well as negativ.
+ Top buttons in the Podium Advanced Paddles now working
+ Left rotary on the F1-2019 rim now recognizes all positions

- Left rotary shows "40" for 2 positions, then counts on with 41, 42, etc. Functionality is ok.
- Right rotary not all positions recognized

Once with professionals ....