Patch Notes for 1.09 – Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

Ok guys can you tell me how these bugs are still in the game. So we have a game with only 20 cars and tracks that are originally created for F1 2015 but more bugs appear every year are you serious? 

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 1

Quote from Facebook: Fix this;

Please fix the sound balance.  I play in TV Pod mode and I can hear the engines of the other cars more than I hear my own, it’s unrealistic and annoying.  We were able to adjust these settings in previous F1 games, I don’t understand how Codemasters omitted this in F1 2019! Plus it would be nice if the engines sounded more aggressive and powerful by increasing the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

@FayaBonsoir, possible pour la prochaine mise à jour dans le menu d'activer ou de désactiver l'effet sur les nouveaux pneus, avec moulage? Laissez-moi vous expliquer, après plusieurs mois de jeu, il est presque impossible d'éliminer le bord du pneu brillant à moins de 50% et à ce niveau, le pneu n'a pas de valeur ajoutée, si possible mettre les pneus de la F1 2017 qui étaient ultra réalistes, m'a dit si c'est possible, ou carrement avoir un menu pour activer désactiver les pneus effet brillant et ajouter une usure visuelle

Edited by Retornik

Dunno if just me, but doesn't seem to feel as good and cornering feels different, feels like the understeer enhance comes in quicker,

Yesterday was the first time I played the game(1.08) and it felt pretty good, starting playing it this evening and it felt a bit different, germany time trial turn one was impossible hardly turning and the understeer enhance kicks in and backend goes

So went to spa time trial what I did yesterday and it does feel different through the corners, I can't turn as much, and not able to match my times that I did yesterday. Like I said the understeer enhance comes in sooner 

Please change back if anything has been changed it does not feel as good as before 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

The look of the tires are modeled after the 2019 tires not 2017 @Retornik. The shinny look is part of the releasing agent so the tires can come out of the mold. Do you follow F1 or just play the game? 🏎️

Edited by Striker_703
  • Disagree 2

11 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Do you follow F1 or just play the game? 🏎️

With respect.

I'm not sure a lot of people who follow F1 would be expected to know how the tyres come out of a mold.

Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Thats like expecting a football fan to know how the leather on the players football boots are made.

Or expecting someone in the software industry to know how to run a competent test..

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Official dd1 fanatec not working after 109 but yesterday it was ok on 108 codemasters you need to sort this and get your act together.roll on when different game developer gets the rights to do the game better than you discrace 

2 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Le look des pneus est modelé d'après les pneus 2019 et non 2017 @Retornik . Le look brillant fait partie de l'agent de démoulage afin que les pneus puissent sortir du moule. Suivez-vous la F1 ou jouez-vous simplement au jeu? 🏎️

The Pirelli molding is this one, but you can see on any F1 actually that the gloss finish of the cast iron is complete after 4 to 5 turns, as it is only the shape of the molding.

If it does not remove it is not realistic, you have a race, you have the brilliance of the molding for 20 rounds, compared to the real F1 which at 4 bend this one is already gone, J have even been able to take real pictures on the circuit of Monaco ..

10 hours ago, sdenbroeder said:

Great to see the AI R&D pace is being adjusted. Could I ask why this will take longer to notice, the further into career the player is?

Its probably because the AI is flooded with R&D currency the deeper in you get.  They do a lot of efficiently/durability which doesn’t impact development which is why some teams *seem* to progress super fast while others are more realistic.

I can ask codemasters why don't fix the frame rate on ps4 pro.  In qualifying and training races, when I am on the track and when the AI rider enters the pits, the game begins to mow.  I've tried everything and still unchanged it's pretty bad and frustrating for the money.  Because I bought a lot of money from you, I hope I deserve a good answer.  Game for ps4 pro.  The AI race goes into the pits and the picture starts to tear.

Posted (edited)

Great to see that the AI's R&D development has been rebalanced.  Now is there a possibility that the engine sound balance will be adjusted in a future patch? I enjoy playing in TV Pod Offset camera mode and I notice the sound of the other cars around me are just as loud as the sound of the engine in my car, it's a little tricky to judge when I am shifting up.  Hopefully sliders will be added in the Audio settings so we can adjust the volume of the player's engine in comparison to the AI's engines cause honestly, I'd rather the engine of my own car be louder than the ones of the cars around me while playing either in Cockpit camera mode or TV Pod/Offset mode.  Also, it would be nice if the pitch of the engines revving up in Cockpit or TV Pod/TV Pod Offset camera mode were more aggressive and powerful while accelerating, so would it be possible for Codemasters to work on that too, @Faya?

Edited by RickFlare96
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Retornik said:

The Pirelli molding is this one, but you can see on any F1 actually that the gloss finish of the cast iron is complete after 4 to 5 turns, as it is only the shape of the molding.

If it does not remove it is not realistic, you have a race, you have the brilliance of the molding for 20 rounds, compared to the real F1 which at 4 bend this one is already gone, J have even been able to take real pictures on the circuit of Monaco ..

I thought you was talking about the tire. You mean the wheel. I miss understood. 

Posted (edited)

Bug report: No car sound in a multiplayer race on PS4. Could only hear the circuit noise. No car engine sound at all @Faya

Report code: RRVS-HRSR-XAJB-SVSM

Edited by ffigueir
  • Like 1

mmm Makes sense to start a new career if i'm, in my current one, at the second GP in season 2?

Hi all, 

Thanks for all the feedback and reports so far.

We are investigating the the Fanatec DD1 wheel base issue at the moment. 

@BiohazardBGR, both of those items have previously been sent to the team. 

Thanks all,

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

@Faya

Turning the red dial clockwise on the Logitech G29 doesn't work for me after 1.09 (I had it mapped as increase engine mode). I'm on PS4 fyi.

I completed the standard diagnostics:

1. Turn the system off/on, unplug wheel etc - still not working
  2. Tested 3x 2019 cars and 1x classic car at 4 different circuits - not working for all combinations
  3. re-mapped a different command to red dial - no success when turning clockwise.
  4. re-mapped increase engine mode to a different button - worked with the two buttons I tested "X" and "dpad right"
  5. Tried F1 2018 - red dial works (also mapped as increase engine mode).
  6. Tried Project Cars2 - red dial works

I see from other threads that a couple of wheels have received tweaks, maybe those changes have adversely affected the G29 (and possibly other wheels). I'd be interested to hear if any other G29/G290 users have the same issue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Do you guys also sometimes lose engine sound between sessions in multiplayer? For example in Q1 you do have the engine sound and in Q2 it is gone. Very weird.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Faya said:

We are investigating the the Fanatec DD1 wheel base issue at the moment. 

Thank you for the quick feedback!  I tried my wheel for the first time last night, and was very confused that it wasn't recognised at all.  I figured it must have been related to the new patch.

Good luck finding the problem, and thanks again.

11 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

Hopefully sliders will be added in the Audio settings so we can adjust the volume of the player's engine in comparison to the AI's engines cause honestly,

They existed but for some reason they removed it a few years ago.

It really would be handy when the patch notes are released if instead of a one liner a more detailed description is given.

For example safety rating adjustment made. How? What? Why? 

Fanatec support? Support of what?

I notice all games companies more often than not only seem to provide one liners in patch notes.

You would assume it would be good for reputation to provide detailed responses so there isn't any false assumptions made by the community that lead to forum complaints that prospective buyers end up reading.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, ffigueir said:

Bug report: No car sound in a multiplayer race on PS4. Could only hear the circuit noise. No car engine sound at all @Faya

Report code: RRVS-HRSR-XAJB-SVSM

The lose of sound is getting worse. 

6 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

It really would be handy when the patch notes are released if instead of a one liner a more detailed description is given.

For example safety rating adjustment made. How? What? Why? 

Fanatec support? Support of what?

I notice all games companies more often than not only seem to provide one liners in patch notes.

You would assume it would be good for reputation to provide detailed responses so there isn't any false assumptions made by the community that lead to forum complaints that prospective buyers end up reading.

"You would assume it would be good for reputation to provide detailed responses so there isn't any false assumptions made by the community that lead to forum complaints that prospective buyers end up reading"

This is really spot on!!

• Agree 1