Patch Notes for 1.09 – Discussion Thread

23 hours ago, Geboy91 said:

Great Codemasters....... game still broken with the AI Grip of death at Rain Races.

Fix that ASAP 

Yeah they need to fix the AI in rain as I think it's also screwed up the practice programs as well. It's one of he reasons why I came away from the game as they adjusted it too much and it was frustrating me. Whilst yeah they were a tad slow at launch but now they're far too quick. But I'd rather them be too slow than like this given that it's far easier to make a mistake in the wet going too quick than in the dry. Which in my opinion just makes the game unnecessarily too hard. I do like the game and I feel they've done a good job with it but changing the AI as much as they have in the wet was a mistake.

• Like 2

Hi all,

The team has investigated the DD1 Wheel Base issue and are working on a fix to be released in a later patch.

There does appear to be a workaround in the meantime, which some of you have already noted. You can put the base into the “compatibility mode” and this should make it so the game recognises it. To do this, press the Triangle and SH buttons at the same time (this may depend on which wheel you own). Let us know how you get on!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sh buttons what's them then on the official ps4 dd1 

Edited by pover74
Spelling

50 minutes ago, pover74 said:

It is the Share button and Triangle button.  On the Podium F1 rims it will be the bottom left button (in the three buttons at bottom center of wheel) and the middle button in the cluster at top right of the wheel.  It's not a great workaround IMHO since this mode just mimics a CSL Elite, but at least the wheel works!  That's better than nothing until they can restore full functionality.

55 minutes ago, pover74 said:

It's these two buttons...

image.png.33a508bbe51da566cb04cf81ff19ec47.png

It's not working for me like you press the x to start the game tried them and it's not working for me cheers 

Tried mine in compatibility mode and mine wont select the game still cheers 

Once you've set compatibility mode, you need to close the game and open it again, otherwise it will not recognise the wheel.

If in doubt, restart your Playstation.

I have a feeling that the Albon to Redbull and Gastly to Torro Russo avatar switch in the game will not happen for F1 2019 as it requires tinkering with some architectural software visuals that's not worth the change at this time in the game's life cycle.  Expect a posting to this effect following the summer break. This is a non-change that everyone should be able to live with - no problem here! 

16 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

I have a feeling that the Albon to Redbull and Gastly to Torro Russo avatar switch in the game will not happen for F1 2019 as it requires tinkering with some architectural software visuals that's not worth the change at this time in the game's life cycle.  Expect a posting to this effect following the summer break. This is a non-change that everyone should be able to live with - no problem here! 

Why'd you think so? It's stated in the patch notes they're planning to make the change as soon as possible.

• Agree 1

As others have asked (but no reply’s given) dies anyone have definitive info regarding the balancing of skill/safety ratings.

woujd be nice to get a more in-depth look into what has been adjusted as I see no improvement over either from my experience, atleast not in skill. 

played a lobby of 11 qualified 10th finished 3rd, 1 point increase....one solitary point?? 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, KRASHOVARIDE said:

As others have asked (but no reply’s given) dies anyone have definitive info regarding the balancing of skill/safety ratings.

woujd be nice to get a more in-depth look into what has been adjusted as I see no improvement over either from my experience, atleast not in skill. 

played a lobby of 11 qualified 10th finished 3rd, 1 point increase....one solitary point?? 

Take a look here (Page 11 sorted by date): They admit the have lowered the points for everyone !!!

Edited by TotalBeerFest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This game just smacks of a rushed product...........how have all these issues been missed before launch? I bet Codies barely did any testing for this game. It's a joke how companies can sell broken products and we're supposed to be fine with it. Only in the gaming industry does this **** happen.

• Agree 5

58 minutes ago, hockeytown1926 said:

This game just smacks of a rushed product...........how have all these issues been missed before launch? I bet Codies barely did any testing for this game. It's a joke how companies can sell broken products and we're supposed to be fine with it. Only in the gaming industry does this **** happen.

Because we are fukin stupid and buy everything, simple.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, EduCalza said:

They are working on it, said Lee Mather on twitter

Until we see his tweet I call ******** on that. Given the time we have waited for it to work.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

He also said that they develop this version for 2 years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulski2610 said:

And still no word from CM on the mid-season driver transfers... 

They keep ignoring it SMH...

2 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

He also said that they develop this version for 2 years.

He also said we would finally get the official F1 TV graphics.... Yeah Lee 🤡

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

He also said we would finally get the official F1 TV graphics.... Yeah Lee 🤡

Not everyone wants them!

On 8/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, EduCalza said:

They have been working on it for 3 bloody years

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1