Patch Notes for 1.09 – Discussion Thread

And cheers codemasters you have lost all my car setups with the batch cheers.you are a joke at times cm 

20190822_220033.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Not everyone wants them!

The majority wants it. See polls on this forum. There are plenty of them. And he said we would be getting them but what we got is a bad cartoonish joke.

• Agree 1

it would be amazing when they fix the no sound glitch, as host in league racing you cant jump out and in, happens to me in Q2 and Q3 today there was no sound @Faya

Cheers guys for all the posts still doesnt seem like a game I can vuy with much confidence thank god for the forum otherwise Id have shed out 45 quid for this stinker!

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

The majority wants it. See polls on this forum. There are plenty of them. And he said we would be getting them but what we got is a bad cartoonish joke.

Not enough responses to fill a phone box. Plus the official graphics get worse. Should we get the fake beeps on the start lights too? 

Well, at the end of the day, we are just pushing pixels around a screen so screw realism, eh?

16 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

that's not worth the change at this time in the game's life cycle

Seriously?  The game hasn't even been out 2 months yet.  It is very early in the game's life cycle, and way to early to be talking about not supporting things until the next game.

Also, why on earth are Codemasters still producing a brand new F1 game each year?  It no longer makes sense.  They'd be much better off getting people to buy season passes, and pushing out incremental updates.  It'd also benefit the fans, who could play any season they like.  Imagine being able to play a multi year career, from 2014 to 2019, with historically accurate driver changes and team changes.  That's the kind of thing that would be achievable if they didn't scrap the previous version of the game every year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Not enough responses to fill a phone box. Plus the official graphics get worse. Should we get the fake beeps on the start lights too? 

Well, at the end of the day, we are just pushing pixels around a screen so screw realism, eh?

The positions tower on the left is what 85-90% want if you study this forum. And for the people who think the OSD is too clustered the option to change from full driver names to just their initials (like in a broadcast). It also helps with race strategy because now you can only see who is in front of you and who is behind and no time gaps to other drivers won‘t allow you to estimate over- or undercuts. So yes, gameplay-wise it is a big issue and not just pixel shoving...

4 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

The positions tower on the left is what 85-90% want if you study this forum. And for the people who think the OSD is too clustered the option to change from full driver names to just their initials (like in a broadcast). It also helps with race strategy because now you can only see who is in front of you and who is behind and no time gaps to other drivers won‘t allow you to estimate over- or undercuts. So yes, gameplay-wise it is a big issue and not just pixel shoving...

We can have a totem without the official style graphics. I'd vote for that.

Posted (edited)

Fanatec podium Wheel F1 is not recognized by the game after this update! Playing on Ps4 Pro. Please fix this! 

Edited by SteinarZ1000
  • Agree 1

Any idea what the additional support for Fanatec wheels is??

would be interested in knowing but haven’t seen any response in the thread other than acknowledging an issue with the dd1 wheel..

@Faya When will you comment on the problems with the driver transfers?

Pretty stupid in my opinion to say nothing about it when ther are so many topics and remarks  in this forum.

People stop playing the game or have not bought it yet because of this issue.

You react to questions about the Gasly- Albon switch but that should not be the priority to fix. There are a lot more game breaking problems if you read the posts in this forum. Most mentioned problems are

- Driver transfers

- AI to quick in wet

- Acceleration of AI is to good or/ and always spot on which is not realistic.

Why is it not possible to comment on these issues????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

The team has investigated the DD1 Wheel Base issue and are working on a fix to be released in a later patch.

There does appear to be a workaround in the meantime, which some of you have already noted. You can put the base into the “compatibility mode” and this should make it so the game recognises it. To do this, press the Triangle and SH buttons at the same time (this may depend on which wheel you own). Let us know how you get on!

Any idea when the fix is ready? The compatibility mode is not working really fine.

Even Alonso would say that the "AI in the wet is a YOKE. A YOKE.". I mean it is a joke how fast they are, please look at it and try to play against them yourself Codies team and you might see. I am still not sure if it is only in career mode though or is it in every game mode. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, JR6492 said:

Any idea what the additional support for Fanatec wheels is??

would be interested in knowing but haven’t seen any response in the thread other than acknowledging an issue with the dd1 wheel..

Every function on the Formula V2 wheel is now mappeble in the game. At least on the ps4.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mburval79 said:

Hello, Fanatec Podium DD1 PS4 not working with the game anymore.

If you leave the game, set your wheelbase to COMP ps4 and enter the game again it should work. At least as a temporary fix until they release a new patch.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SteinarZ1000 said:

If you leave the game, set your wheelbase to COMP ps4 and enter the game again it should work. At least as a temporary fix until they release a new patch.

12 minutes ago, SteinarZ1000 said:

Yes! Thank you very much! 

On 21 August 2019 at 2:49 PM, EduCalza said:

They are working on it, said Lee Mather on twitter

He said this way back in 2014 , 

just make things simple for wheel users ,rollback to patch 1.05 ps4 please .

patch 1.09 has made the ffb more muted, your going the wrong way lol

t300 , ps4 uk.

• Like 1

My PS4 podium f1 wheel for not work in the f1 2019 PS4 game anymore since that update. The wheel works fine to browse the PS4 menu, but is now dead in the game. Please fix this quick (clearly I'm not the only one with that issue). Thanks.

After the 1.09 update either the track or tire model is off. During practice tire temps are good, and tire pressure increases, but during a race after one you go on track the tire pressures fall like a rock. 

Practice

298884450_Chart3(5).thumb.jpg.6aaaf9c084131820bd9822c8d70cd417.jpg

Race

2133402064_Chart2(4).thumb.jpg.10b9f191d0170e73c71aefedd146aa16.jpg

137558785_Chart1(3).thumb.jpg.92a6eea215567d9416847e87ce1e8743.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, hockeytown1926 said:

This game just smacks of a rushed product...........how have all these issues been missed before launch? I bet Codies barely did any testing for this game. It's a joke how companies can sell broken products and we're supposed to be fine with it. Only in the gaming industry does this **** happen.

I bought the game and find so many bugs and I didn't even start a career after so many disappointment. The worst part is they introduced more bugs with the patches and didn't fix them layer. I preordered the legendary edition and I have every single game in the series to date. Well, I guess I'm not buying 2020 after this travesty. I'm a huge F1 fan and I was waiting for f1 2019 with a passion and now I'm very disappointed. This game can be very good if is polished, but the issue list is long. Recently I bought Forza Horizon 4 and there are more than 400 cars huge open-world map and beautiful visuals and the most important I don't have issues with the game, no bugs that I saw. That makes me quit f1 2019 before I even started. I fell like I wasted my money. Mounts are passing buy and nothing changes for the better. When you have bugs like simple lamps glowing the day and the dev can fix so simple but annoying bug what did you expect for the rest of the game shame.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can now also confirm that the Red Rotary Dial on the Logitech G29 Wheel doesnt work in the Clockwise Direction after the 1.09 Update.

The Anti-Clockwise and the centre button on this red dial is still working.

Posted (edited)

I dont know if this an issue with 1.09 but after doing a mid save full race with classic cars at Interlagos upon booting up my one x and loading the game it gets as far as the hamilton and vettel screen and as soon as i hit start it crashes and throws me back to the dasboard.

Ive deleted my save and synced online but still it crashes so i suspect it might be a corrupt save or an issue with 1.09.

As i suspected the culprit was a corrupt save, thankfully i was only on my first f2 career race.

Edited by SirSilverLXVIII

1 hour ago, SirSilverLXVIII said:

I dont know if this an issue with 1.09 but after doing a mid save full race with classic cars at Interlagos upon booting up my one x and loading the game it gets as far as the hamilton and vettel screen and as soon as i hit start it crashes and throws me back to the dasboard.

Ive deleted my save and synced online but still it crashes so i suspect it might be a corrupt save or an issue with 1.09.

As i suspected the culprit was a corrupt save, thankfully i was only on my first f2 career race.

Yeah, always take care when using the midsession save when a patch is coming up. It messes with the save data.

• Agree 1