Patch Notes for 1.09 – Discussion Thread

I must admit, crashes are something I cherish, but I'd like it if the cars launch up in the air when colliding with another car's tyres. Not just after the car crashed, like the video here, but rather when cars are racing together like in the image. I suppose it's pretty extreme, but realistic.

image2.jpg

• Agree 2

They can't go too extreme with the crash model as it's a pegi 3 game plus it would just encourage even more carnage it multiplayer mode with race wreckers as if they need any but It would be cool though.

• Disagree 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, MoreCowwbell said:

My PS4 podium f1 wheel for not work in the f1 2019 PS4 game anymore since that update. The wheel works fine to browse the PS4 menu, but is now dead in the game. Please fix this quick (clearly I'm not the only one with that issue). Thanks.

Use the compatibility mode (PS4 Comp).  Make sure you change it before starting the game, if you change it in game it will not recognize it.  That mode will work as a workaround and the wheel will show up as a CSL Elite in the game settings.  It's not ideal, but at least it is a usable workaround for now.  I must admit that now being able to use ALL the buttons on the F1 rim is a real joy.  I'm using the top left paddle for DRS now, the right dial for fuel mode, etc.  It's a blast!

Posted (edited)

On 8/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, Federcio2 said:

Can I ask you what you mean for "Balancing fixes for AI R&D progression in career"?

'Cause I'm on first season in career mode with Williams in Austria.

What should I expect?

In career mode after a season or two, the AI car development would increase dramatically, almost as if they made a major upgrade every week. For instance in my second year of my career (I was with Red Bull) teams from midfield like Haas, Alfa Romeo, Williams, etc., sprang up with their performance and you couldn't catch them on track (unless you of course decrease AI difficulty). Important update 

Edited by SidtheKid01

For patch 1.10:

• safety car issue resolved 
  • ability to choose your teammate in career mode at the beginning of your career/before accepting a contract with a different team

6 hours ago, SidtheKid01 said:

For patch 1.10:

• ability to choose your teammate in career mode at the beginning of your career/before accepting a contract with a different team

dreamer

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SidtheKid01 said:

For patch 1.10:

Codemasters reply for anything related to the safety car would be something like this 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Haha 2

Hi,

don't know if already commented, but G29 red rotary clockwise is not working with update 1.09

Thanks for fixing this

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, DoctaJonez said:

Seriously?  The game hasn't even been out 2 months yet.  It is very early in the game's life cycle, and way to early to be talking about not supporting things until the next game.

Also, why on earth are Codemasters still producing a brand new F1 game each year?  It no longer makes sense.  They'd be much better off getting people to buy season passes, and pushing out incremental updates.  It'd also benefit the fans, who could play any season they like.  Imagine being able to play a multi year career, from 2014 to 2019, with historically accurate driver changes and team changes.  That's the kind of thing that would be achievable if they didn't scrap the previous version of the game every year.

Good idea but the dev team is not capable - they would probs just put all the games together in one 500gb game and do a cut scene for end of each season to link the games then it loads up the next version 😂

39 minutes ago, Noviembre73 said:

Hi,

don't know if already commented, but G29 red rotary clockwise is not working with update 1.09

Thanks for fixing this

This.... needs fixing 👍

• Agree 1

Imagine working at codemasters and blindly airing this ******* patch. Like ***. Paying a lot of money for the game and the fanatec podium and not being able to play. Yeah I know you can play the compatible option but **** that. It's ridiculous and doesn't work for ****. Fix it for **** sake! If you can **** it up in an instant you can fix it as well in an instant... God... 

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, MisterX said:

@Faya When will you comment on the problems with the driver transfers?

Pretty stupid in my opinion to say nothing about it when ther are so many topics and remarks  in this forum.

People stop playing the game or have not bought it yet because of this issue.

You react to questions about the Gasly- Albon switch but that should not be the priority to fix. There are a lot more game breaking problems if you read the posts in this forum. Most mentioned problems are

- Driver transfers

- AI to quick in wet

- Acceleration of AI is to good or/ and always spot on which is not realistic.

Why is it not possible to comment on these issues????

Codemasters is once again showing no transparency.

We are getting the "SILENT TREATMENT".

Their roadmap for a couple of patches not so long ago was a nice inclusion, but then transparency hit the cliff and is at 0 at the moment.

Codemasters needs to reform their Forum.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:54 PM, Jaketa said:

Quote from Facebook: Fix this;

Please fix the sound balance.  I play in TV Pod mode and I can hear the engines of the other cars more than I hear my own, it’s unrealistic and annoying.  We were able to adjust these settings in previous F1 games, I don’t understand how Codemasters omitted this in F1 2019! Plus it would be nice if the engines sounded more aggressive and powerful by increasing the pitch.

This was suggested all the way back in 2016 as well, never got a official reply.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, Noviembre73 said:

Hi,

Thanks for fixing this

tell me what's the problem? I did not get it.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, DoctaJonez said:

Seriously?  The game hasn't even been out 2 months yet.  It is very early in the game's life cycle, and way to early to be talking about not supporting things until the next game.

Also, why on earth are Codemasters still producing a brand new F1 game each year?  It no longer makes sense.  They'd be much better off getting people to buy season passes, and pushing out incremental updates.  It'd also benefit the fans, who could play any season they like.  Imagine being able to play a multi year career, from 2014 to 2019, with historically accurate driver changes and team changes.  That's the kind of thing that would be achievable if they didn't scrap the previous version of the game every year.

Probably for the same reason why we always have had these yearly franchises like Fifa as well. MONEY So long  as people keep buying them they will keep making them 

5 hours ago, advanceapple said:

tell me what's the problem? I did not get it.

Turning the red dial right is no longer recognised after latest patch

• Agree 1

Hi, @Faya I update the thread with the geometry on some of the cars, this bug was introduced with the livery update 1.8. I find a similar problem like the Ferrari but on the Maclaren with additional problems here is the updated thread. Please, guys, fix this glitches. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, andygsxr750 said:

Turning the red dial right is no longer recognised after latest patch

I still do not understand. I use the g29 and I have no problems except for the almost non-existent ffb.

11 hours ago, advanceapple said:

I still do not understand. I use the g29 and I have no problems except for the almost non-existent ffb.

I have mine set to fuel increase but no longer works. Tried assigning through options and it's not recognised. Turning it left does work to decrease fuel though

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, andygsxr750 said:

I have mine set to fuel increase but no longer works. Tried assigning through options and it's not recognised. Turning it left does work to decrease fuel though

i dont know mate, this game is a very ****

Ferrari in real: 1.3 seconds and 9 kph (!!) faster on the straights per lap than Mercedes in Belgium Qualifying.

In Game: Mercedes faster on the straights than Ferrari.

Fix this!

2 hours ago, andygsxr750 said:

makes a demonstration video so I understand and understand better.

CM really need to step up their game and polish the heck of their products if they want to sell more in the future. I'm seriously thinking to skip 2020 if is in this state. From 2010 until now I fully support the studio. I don't care if the game comes early and is in this state. I prefer the game to be released ever later at the end of the year, but to be polished and bugs free and I can enjoy it fully. How many months have past and I didn't start a carrier because of constant bugs and not working features? Where is the safety car, why the driver's transfer is so absurd? Why there are so many graphical bugs, wheel support problems, car speeds are different than the real-life, the list is long. Seriously Codemasters polish your games, you charged AAA price 60 euros in my country not to mention the different editions I personally bought the legendary and I feel riped at this moment. I support you but you don't support us. Guys get your stuff together and fix the problems. I personally abandoned many franchises that I love before because of the same things, but I don't want to happen here as well. Listen to your community, fix the problems, make your customers happy and I guarantee you, you will have many sales and satisfied loyal community.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, advanceapple said:

How much wheel damp are you using? I have general FFB at 65 and wheel damper at 50 in my G29 and it's okayish. Still feels like floating around when making small direction changes but in the tighter corners it's alright.

Edited by janbonator

3 minutes ago, janbonator said:

How much wheel damp are you using? I have general FFB at 65 and wheel damper at 50 in my G29 and it's okayish. Still feels like floating around when making small direction changes but in the tighter corners it's alright.

FFB 110
effect track 20
effect crubs 3
out track 5
wheel damper 20