Sign in to follow this  

Fanatec F1 Wheel Buttons Working (BIG SURPRISE)

Posted (edited)

Many many thanks @Faya,

We have waiting for a long time to get this update with little hope.

Now, every single button is mappable on my ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019.

I am happy like a child now.

Thanks again

Edited by oner7
  • Agree 2

Very great job

Really .........for xbox nothing change and  player with dd1(fanatec) are not able to play because the game don't recognize the wheel base....very great job. ..

fortunately with fanatec you have partnership.

Well done

Good for you. In the meantime the Xbox players are left in the dark and codemasters don't even mention the Xbox players not having the support like the others. 

1 hour ago, Kreye said:

Good for you. In the meantime the Xbox players are left in the dark and codemasters don't even mention the Xbox players not having the support like the others. 

It is actually because of Microsoft that the V2 rim doesn’t work.  They do not support more buttons than what are on a Xbox controller to be supported. This has been confirmed by Fanatec and Codemasters several times.  So before getting upset and trying to rain on OP’s parade, do research first...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, jrod22145 said:

It is actually because of Microsoft that the V2 rim doesn’t work.  They do not support more buttons than what are on a Xbox controller to be supported. This has been confirmed by Fanatec and Codemasters several times.  So before getting upset and trying to rain on OP’s parade, do research first...

Ok,we understand this(in other topic one guy explain this),but is a shame fir the boys with the DD(direct drive);one hour before they play and after (on ps)the game don t read the wheel base...

The other BIG SURPRISE is that the Fanatec Podium DD1 PS4 wheel no longer works with the game.  I mean, yeah, I'd love to have my extra buttons available....but can I at least get back a working wheel at this point??

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jrod22145 said:

The thing is, as I know it, or at least where I come from, companies that sell stuff have to advertise properly. The formula v2 wheel is on the compatible wheels list and it's not officially stated (unless you dig deep) that there is actually a limited compability. 

The least they could do is to state whether or not they are working on a solution with Microsoft or not.

@Faya

Edited by Kreye
@faya

After the update I now have functionality with the middle dials. The rocker switches and rotary thumb encoders still don’t work. Also, I’m on the PS4 console. Can anyone else confirm what functions work?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kreye said:

The thing is, as I know it, or at least where I come from, companies that sell stuff have to advertise properly. The formula v2 wheel is on the compatible wheels list and it's not officially stated (unless you dig deep) that there is actually a limited compability. 

The least they could do is to state whether or not they are working on a solution with Microsoft or not.

@Faya

Yep, and I've complained directly to Fanatec support about that in the past.  Back in the days of the CSW 2.5 this was an issue, and the little disclaimers they have added at the bottom of their pages didn't exist back when I was complaining to Fanatec support about this.  The hilarious thing is they didn't even believe me at first and asked me to send in videos of the problem from my CSW 2.5 and CSL Elite P1 rim.  lol  Eventually they told me it was a problem with Microsoft and how they implement wheel support in the Xbox itself.  Okay, fine, but then don't advertise full functionality when that is simply not the case.  If you are going to put ALL the Xbox face buttons on the McLaren GT3 rim, for example, and then say it's "Officially Xbox compatible".....then I expect that all those buttons will actually work in the XBOX OS, in games, etc.  But as we know, that's simply not the case.  Very frustrating for Xbox only racers out there.

I doubt they are working on a solution.  Again, this was something I complained to Fanatec about over 2 years ago.  The Xbox OS itself is the problem and if they haven't fixed it this late in the XB1 cycle then I highly doubt that's going to change.  By comparison, this problem doesn't exist to the same degree on PS4.  On my PS4 the pedals come in as separate inputs, which allows you to map ALL the wheel face buttons to various actions in games.  Not all the extra buttons, but at least all the native PlayStation buttons including L2/R2 since they aren't hard coded to pedals like on Xbox.  The best hope is that they resolve this for the next Xbox, which we know will support the Fanatec product line. We'll see.

Edited by BadFlounder

2 hours ago, JoeBreezy07 said:

After the update I now have functionality with the middle dials. The rocker switches and rotary thumb encoders still don’t work. Also, I’m on the PS4 console. Can anyone else confirm what functions work?

I would but the update completely broke functionality with my Podium DD1 PS4 wheel.  The game no longer even recognizes it.  I hope CM at least acknowledge the problem at some point.  VERY disappointed.

As for the buttons, that's unfortunate.  I'd prefer the rocker switches were enabled over the rotary encoders, but I suppose any extra buttons is an improvement.  I'd sure like to test it, but my set up is dead in the water until the next update I guess.

• Agree 1

After 1.09 update my fanatec dd1 podium wheel for ps4 is not working!!! Amazing codemasters!!! Well done!

1 hour ago, erickgarci said:

just use ps4 comp mode.  all the buttons, dials, and switches are working.

What? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, erickgarci said:

just use ps4 comp mode.  all the buttons, dials, and switches are working.

That doesn’t work, and even if it did that isn’t a solution.  The wheel should work in PS4 mode......you know.....LIKE IT DID EVERY OTHER DAY BEFORE THE PATCH.  FFS.  What an absurd comment.  I take it you don’t realize that the PS4 Comp mode just mimics a CSL Elite?  So the solution is just to turn your direct drive wheel into a CSL Elite?  😂 

Edited by BadFlounder

@BadFlounder

I also have the same problem. Its ridiculous.

When is the problem going to be resolved? Any UPDATES

Added additional support for Fanatec wheels!!!!!!!!
If the patch is 1.09, the steering wheel is no longer recognized.
Please fix as soon as possible, so you can not use your game.

Hi all, I posted this in the Patch Notes thread, but thought it might be good to make sure those of you watching this thread saw it as well;

The team has investigated the DD1 Wheel Base issue and are working on a fix to be released in a later patch.

There does appear to be a workaround in the meantime, which some of you have already noted. You can put the base into the “compatibility mode” and this should make it so the game recognises it. To do this, press the Triangle and SH buttons at the same time (this may depend on which wheel you own). Let us know how you get on!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all, I posted this in the Patch Notes thread, but thought it might be good to make sure those of you watching this thread saw it as well;

The team has investigated the DD1 Wheel Base issue and are working on a fix to be released in a later patch.

There does appear to be a workaround in the meantime, which some of you have already noted. You can put the base into the “compatibility mode” and this should make it so the game recognises it. To do this, press the Triangle and SH buttons at the same time (this may depend on which wheel you own). Let us know how you get on!

Thank you for the update!

CSL Elite wheel base, Clubsport V2 & advanced paddle module.

Everything is working...rotary thumb switches, toggles, extra paddles....everything.

I don’t expect a solution for the Xbox since this all has to do with the way Microsoft handles the protocol. Not for the V2 wheel and not for the McLaren wheel. But a thorough explanation by Codemasters would be in place here, just to manage expectations and stop all the guessing posts about the subject. @Faya Then we all know what to expect and what not.