Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally fails to start

I am unable to start the game (through Steam or by directly executing the .exe). It displays a small 'DiRT Rally' popup for about 0.1s, after which it disappears, and nothing else happens (there is no drt.exe process running or anything).

I have tried verifying the game cache through Steam. Following the readme supplied with the game, I have also tried starting the game with the launch parameter -safemode, but to no avail.

Well, I repaired my Visual C++ redists, and after the second reboot I'm now getting to the known Error 41 screen. I'll have to wait on further word about that then.

I have the exact same problem. Tried running both Steam and the .exe directly as administrator. Verified Cache several times. Did a full uninstall/reinstall - no luck

debug.log file mentioned something about being unable to rename htmlcache folder ((132)] Unable to move cache folder D:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Steam\htmlcache to D:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Steam\old_htmlcache_000
[0429/004912:ERROR:cache_creator.cc(125)] Unable to create cache
). I manually renamed the htmlcache folder with steam closed, steam then created a new htmlcache folder. but still no luck.

You'll notice my steam installation is on d:\. I also have steam installed on C:\ (It's along story) so I repeated all of these steps using the files on C:\ - no luck.

Trying to run the game again this morning and the debug.log shows me this message only:

[0429/071323:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(227)] Running without renderer sandbox

Does anyonre from CM need more info about this? Please fix this.. pretty bummed right now..

Same exact problem! Would love a fix so I could actually get to play this game! My specs are:

Intel I7 4770K @3.5
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
2 GTX 780s SLI 

I have the game installed on my B: and OS on C: with limited space (approx 15gb).  

I'll be hoping for a fix soon, I can't even launch the game at all. 

Have tried installing the game on my normal drive, my ssd C drive and another spare ssd drive and getting no where. Weirdly on the normal drive i get the error 41 message, on the ssd's it says nothing and just doesnt do anything...