What determines the mood of the departments?
durability poor mood
aggregate bad mood
aerodynamics good mood
chassis standard mood

how to improve the mood of each department?

Posted (edited)

It's entirely down to the answers you give during interviews. For example if you get a question about a mistake and blame it on the downforce of the car, the morale will drop, while complimenting them after a good result will give the department a boost.

Some of the answers are a bit less obvious, but after a while you'll start to recognise the 'right' and wrong  answers for each department.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

You’re right, and this is a prime example of CM’s lack of ambition and imagination in the career mode. The interview answers should be a small part of determining this, not the whole answer.

I enjoy this game so i don’t want to moan too much, but sometimes it strikes me how much better it could be if they actually thought about how they could weave some of the different elements together in a less simplistic and less “gamey” sense.

Got to say the interviews being directly responsible for rnd upgrade prices is absolutely ludicrous. Imagine in real life if Lewis was being interviewed and was asked "you seemed to be struggling Lewis, you only managed 2nd this week?". He replies "we are struggling with downforce on this track tbh". 

Then... His entire aero department say ***** you Lewis we are raising all our prices now to punish you. 

Yes just imagine how that would be in real life....... Scandalous! 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Got to say the interviews being directly responsible for rnd upgrade prices is absolutely ludicrous. Imagine in real life if Lewis was being interviewed and was asked "you seemed to be struggling Lewis, you only managed 2nd this week?". He replies "we are struggling with downforce on this track tbh". 

Then... His entire aero department say ***** you Lewis we are raising all our prices now to punish you. 

Maybe that's how it all went wrong for Fernando and Honda.. :classic_laugh:

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Exactly! This and quite a few other bits are like they just wanted to link some stuff together for you to be able to “game” rather than thought through how any of this would actually work in real life.

The practice programmes are another example, why can’t they come up with loads more and vary them, and then make it so maybe you can’t do them all but have to choose, and certain programmes contribute towards development of certain parts, rather than just drive some laps, get some points...

I really do like the game, just frustrated thinking about it sometimes, it could be so much better with just a bit of thought. It baffles me how they don’t get it, year on year development should be the perfect opportunity to constantly improve this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Exactly! This and quite a few other bits are like they just wanted to link some stuff together for you to be able to “game” rather than thought through how any of this would actually work in real life.

The practice programmes are another example, why can’t they come up with loads more and vary them, and then make it so maybe you can’t do them all but have to choose, and certain programmes contribute towards development of certain parts, rather than just drive some laps, get some points...

I really do like the game, just frustrated thinking about it sometimes, it could be so much better with just a bit of thought. It baffles me how they don’t get it, year on year development should be the perfect opportunity to constantly improve this sort of thing.

That’s indeed my point of view. The game is badly designed from the ground up! Not necessarily badly coded.

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

Yes, after season 1 it’s too repetitive 

Edited by Dostie
Spelling