Been Stuck on Dirt 2.0 Start/Enter page since May

•  
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Bump! Please help!

Hello,

I had an error message problem until I disconnected my Cyborg controller that was on my USB hub. Then I was able to get past loading screen (THAT TIME). I didn't look into the reasoning on the issue because I didn't realize that I had a major issue with this game at the time and I wanted to upgrade to a better setup which I did. I bought and installed a Fanatec Shifter stand alone USB unit.

It got rid of the error box but CM's updates that occurred (I suspect Update 1.2), ran me into another problem: no controller binding at the Start Page. I'm now fighting with that. So far, I've only been able to drive one part of a stage one time before the 1.2 update and the binding problem came up. Been stuck on Start Page prompt since April 2019 now. Codemasters and CarDr and a few others have been very helpful with their ideas but I am still stuck. 

I put all peripherals back to what worked that one time and cannot get a replicated occurrence of getting past the Start/Enter page.

Attached is my DxDiag.txt file.

Thanks!

Val Hoggard

DxDiag.txt

Edited by ValH

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Yes, I have done a reinstall also.

I am updated to the latest hoping that Dirt Rally 2.0 would get fixed.  I have tried all ways to get it going; guided by CM and a fellow called CarDr from Steam.  But nothing works since the 1.2 update. 

My system runs very fast with the following:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Memory: 16384MB RAM

I have just about every CM game and run the Dirt series (Dirt 2 is still my favorite) and Dirt Rally 1 along with F1 up to 2018.  And all of them run flawlessly. But it is so frustrating to see Dirt Rally 2.0 stop at the Start page every time.

Thanks again!

Edited by ValH

Maybe check if some of the connections is blocking something (USB or an other port, headset, etc.)

Thanks JorritVD!

Ill look into that.  I am very disappointed that all my other CM games work perfectly.  DR 2 is the only one that has a problem.  😞  My system is the latest technology and I am going to try it on my older computer which is still good.  It has Win 10, GTX 1080Ti, and a somewhat older CPU but is still fast.  My new PC is equipped with Win10 Pro, RTX 2080Ti, and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz; as my DxDiag file shows.  But the dang thing ran DR 2 when I first got it; but after the 1.2 update, binding went away.  I have checked the device defines and other hardware configs but to no avail. 

Thanks for helping,

Val Hoggard

DxDiag2.txt

Bump: yep, I'm still waiting...

Hello,

I had an error message problem until I disconnected my Cyborg controller that was on my USB hub. Then I was able to get past loading screen (THAT TIME). I didn't look into the reasoning on the issue because I wanted to upgrade to a better setup which I did. I bought and installed a Fanatec Shifter stand alone USB unit.

It got rid of the error box but CM's updates that occurred (Update 1.2), ran me into another problem: no controller binding at the Start Page. I'm now fighting with that. So far, I've only been able to drive one part of a stage one time before the 1.2 update and the binding problem came up. Been stuck on Start Page prompt since May 2019 now. Codemasters and CarDr have been very helpful with their ideas but I am still stuck. 

I put all peripherals back to what worked that one time and cannot get a replicated occurrence of getting past the Start/Enter page.

It seems that CM has given up on me.  I know we have tried many ideas like safe mode and clean installs but nothing will help me past the Start/Enter page. I don't want to give up on Dirt Rally 2.0 but very frustrated.  

Attached is my DxDiag.txt file.

Thanks!

Val Hoggard

DxDiag.txt

Edited by ValH
No help on this issue