Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally Steam Early Access

So now you have gone over to Steam, wich i personally dont mind all to much anymore, considering GFWL was utter garbage, and games nowdays are stuffed with DRM nonscense as it stands...

But why for @#$% sake did you release this early access garbage?
Were is the good old developers and publisher that was able to make and release great games without the need of trying to rob the money out of potential customers wallets for some half baked unfinnished game wich is getting worked on down the road?
Were is the complete game?.... And than i mean sold as Digital Download AND DVD?

If the Early Access game is seen as a beta on Steam only, so in the end customers that have the *patience* to wait can get a complete and finnished product in the end, sold as Digital Download AND DVD, i'll take my words back.

As it stands, you wont have me as a potential customer, and if nothing changes, as like i said above, my view on you Codemasters, wont change.

So far you have given me a sour taste...

"If the Early Access game is seen as a beta on Steam only, so in the end customers that have the *patience* to wait can get a complete and finnished product in the end, sold as Digital Download AND DVD, i'll take my words back."

That's exactly what early access means.

Considering they started having a beta on Steam now, i doubt we'll see a fininshed product on DVD at all.

In that case, they wont have me as a potential customer either.

Not to mention, there is no word said about a final release, either digital download or DVD.

Maiby some clarity on this matter from Codemasters would be welome.

Gerbie said:
If the Early Access game is seen as a beta on Steam only, so in the end customers that have the *patience* to wait can get a complete and finnished product in the end, sold as Digital Download AND DVD, i'll take my words back.
 justbiglee said: What is Early Access?

This is how Steam define what early access is

“Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community’s involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.

And that is exactly how we feel about it too; we want you to feel like part of the development team and help us build a better game.

How can I submit a bug?

Ideas are welcome everywhere but when it comes to reporting bugs we have a form that will help us get the information we need to fix it as quickly as possible. You’ll find all the info you need in the bug reporting section of the Steam and Codemasters Forums.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5754/dirt-rally-faq#latest

well there is a time line when content will be added and the game will be complete in November 2015 next up date is pikes peak pack in may anyway enjoy your wait your missing one hella ride its a great game.

Early access in my book is great! it gives devs to ask the COMMUNITY what they feel about the game and how it is evolving, what is good and what is bad.
It is simple and it is good.

Come on guys, don't do an F1 section and start endlessly hurling abuse at each other for no reason. Respect one another and give constructive criticism please :) 

Well Gerbie it's your loss. If you can't see the amazing benefits this early access will bring to the consumer for the final product, then you probably shouldn't buy into this game at all. 

Gerbie said:
Were is the complete game?.... And than i mean sold as Digital Download AND DVD?
The complete game is still at least 8 months out, given that their timeline shows Early Access content releases coming in November.
If waiting is your thing, feel free to wait.
I'm enjoying the hell out of what they've given us already, and will continue to do so for those 8 months to come.

The game is very playable, and highly enjoyable, in its current condition.
Why would I want to forgo all those months of fun, to get a "finished product" that I'm able to get in pieces over the course of the next year anyway?

Be patient lad. It is better to pay less for it now then wait for the expanded gratuitous contents to come later. It is quite faultless for an early access game that was favoured over many rally games by many people, and many rally fans. It is the game we and you asked for, therefore, it is authentically the proper rally game we were keen on putting our hands on. It is being patched and smoothed throughout time just in order to demonstrate how the developers care about their customers, and how the customers are keenly satisfied with the product.

@Gerbie I take it you're new to these forums? You must be as all the old school Codies fans have been screaming at them since Dirt showdown about the direction CM have taken by going down the pure arcade route.

They even asked us gamers to undertake a survey of what WE wanted in the future and one thing that was top of the list was testing on multiple systems to ensure stability, the easiest way to do this is early access as the game gets tested in the real world and on consumer PC's instead of just the companies own systems.

I for one don't want a repeat of the problems GAS has had, corrupted saves, random shutdowns, poor feel from the FFB etc. Surely it's better to get the opinion of the people who will be playing, this way they make a better end product and reputation and we get what we've been asking for.

I've been involved in several beta/early access games in the past. 
Assetto Corsa.
Battlefield Hardline.
F1 Online the game.
Warframe.
Ghost recon online..
1 I wash I was involved in which is PCars

Only 1 of the above games didn't make it much passed public release (F1 online the game), ALL of them were made better by the feedback players provided during the Beta phases, Yes there were issues along the way but the point is we got a better game from the process.

If you don't want to partake of an unfinished game fine (you are really missing out though) but do some research before you start screaming about unfinished games. CM are doing EXACTLY what we've been asking of them as Beta/Early access testing is becoming far more common....

I'd rather find the thing that annoys me in Early Access when something can be done about it, rather than find it in the finished product when I'm stuffed