Sign in to follow this  

Please help!!! Can't control car

Hi I'm new to f1 PC for a week now and I want to race without assists but if i take the braking assist completely off and the traction off then the car won't stay straight even on a straight. It just turns and spins immediately. I am using a Ps4 controller to play. Does anyone know why the car is spinning and it is unplayable? I really want to compete

if your saying the steering is to sensitive try playing with the steering linearity (I think its called) in the controller options. I have to use a lot of steering linearity and very little front downforce other wise its just to uncontrollable for me jerking left and right with just the slightest touch of the thumbstick.  

I get what you want to say, increase your linearity, a bit of deadzone and leave the saturation at 0. Start with low AI difficulty and leave the ABS on and TC to medium. Some say the Rome was not built in one day, hence do not race 110 AI with assists off, not a good start. Good luck.

Posted (edited)

Hi @AceRiaz, If you're not used to driving without traction control, you are most likely too aggressive on the throttle. this causes wheelspin when accelerating in the lower gears, even on the straights.

The key is to be gentle on the throttle; slowly increase your input instead of pressing it like an on/off button.

Some tips that might help you out:

- In general the rule out of slow corners is "the more you're still steering, the less you press the pedal". As you're straightening up the wheel on corner exit, slowly increase your throttle, and don't go full throttle until you have the wheel completely straight again. Once you get a feel for this, you can try being a bit more aggressive to find the limit.

- Shifting earlier (short shifting) can be useful to avoid torque spikes and get less wheelspin. 

- Avoid kerbs out of slow corners. They're less grippy, so touching them with the rear wheels while accelerating will likely spin you out. 

Of course it can be very difficult at first, so if it becomes frustrating for you I recommend trying Medium Traction Control at first, to get more of a feel for how the car behaves without spinning out all the time.

Also keep in mind tyre temperatures. If you spin, they will overheat and make you spin again much easier. In Time Trial mode tyre wear and temperatures are disabled, so that's definitely the best mode to practice at first.

Edited by Worntoathread

AS Worntoathread said the spinning is caused by pressing the throttle too hard which spins the wheels, causing you to lose traction and spin. I personally feel its unrealistically aggressive so I use half traction control. I can use no traction but I don't find it fun. If you play with no TC at all you will need to be very gentle on the throttle, especially in the lower gears. Practice and you will find you quickly get used to it 🙂

Posted (edited)

get a wheel :)  and a rig :D

or play on a desk so u cant mount the wheel on it 

Edited by Scrushy

On 8/25/2019 at 10:23 AM, Scrushy said:

get a wheel 🙂 and a rig 😄

or play on a desk so u cant mount the wheel on it 

Lol yea once you get a wheel you have other problems...

Get a good desk/table/wheel stand 

If you don't have a gaming area like me you will have to try and find a good position for your wheel to screen and chair.

And each time you going to race put everything in position.. lol

I use cockpit view so if use the other views you won't have so much issue with position

Playing on the pad without assists is perfectly fine, OP. Don't mind the "get a wheel setup", if you can't get the rig.

When I played with TC on low, my muscle memory was all for it and made the transition with TC off a pain. It is normal.

Probably what's happening is that you're having wheel spin. Let the rear bite first before full throttle. It is a very fine and precise deal. I recommend practicing on time trial.

The game doesn't have a true 0/null steering deadzone, with that, unwanted steering input is out of the table unless your analog stick has issues.

Out of the corner>shift gears to a mid rpm (because turbo)> feel the rear grip with increasing speed and gradually full throttle. All this happens very quickly and require practice.