Cannot get the Fanatec Podium F1 to work with F1 2019 in "PS4" mode

Question

I've been trying to get the Podium F1 wheel to work with F1 2019. The only way I can get it to work is to put it into "compatibility mode", which makes F1 see it as a CSL Elite (I don't know if this has any detrimental implications). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get it to work without compatibility mode? i.e. in "PS4" mode?

I've managed to get it working with GT Sport, without compatibility mode, but F1 2019 doesn't recognise the wheel at all.

It took me a long time to figure out how to get it to work.  F1 2019 will not recognise the wheel if you switch to compatibility mode after starting the game, so if you accidentally launch the game with the wheel in "PS4" mode, you need to exit the game, switch the wheel to "PS4 compatibility mode", and then start the game again. (I hope this information is helpful for anyone else having problems)

Is this a bug?  If so, are there any plans to add proper support for the Podium F1 wheel?
Does running in compatibility mode prevent anything from working on the wheel? (such as vibration motors in the wheel, or newer FFB effects)
Am I doing something wrong?  Is there anything I can do to get it to start working?

I'm running F1 2019 on the PS4 Pro.

Thank you for any help people can offer.

1 answer to this question

Thank you that worked :). N yes it's only a bug. I had the same issue til I found your post :).