LET US INVITE FRIENDS TO RANKED LOBBIES AGAIN

please bring BACK FRIEND INVITES IN RANKED LOBBIES - or join friends in ranked lobby
ranked lobbies are dead on PC

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Since i reached Gold rank there is a pretty limited amount of lobbies for me to join and even if i find one the amount of players in the lobby wont be more than 6. Therefore there is not point for me to play it anymore. If i could invite my friends into the game, i could at least play ranked again and enjoy it again. 

And if there a limits for invites like iosis made, it would still be way better than it is right now. 

So please bring friend invites back. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I think codemasters are aware of topics like these,there are a lot about inviting friends to ranked lobbies...But they have your money now. So this is just one of several options they may reconsider for the merry go round release of 2020..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, GodsMicrowave said:

Since i reached Gold rank there is a pretty limited amount of lobbies for me to join and even if i find one the amount of players in the lobby wont be more than 6. Therefore there is not point for me to play it anymore. If i could invite my friends into the game, i could at least play ranked again and enjoy it again. 

And if there a limits for invites like iosis made, it would still be way better than it is right now. 

So please bring friend invites back. 

Confirm as you can see in CS:GO you can only invite friends wich are in round about the same league. It is necessary to invite friends to get active lobbies and with it comes the community. If codemasters would do this upgrade of function this game would get more interesst also for new commers due to friends invites friends.

I hope you read this message Codemaster take a bit informations about other games and let the community change the future not somebody behind the desktop.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, iosis said:

I see. Then i hope @RedDevilKT or @Hoo will check out this topic and leave some replies..

As far as I know (Not sure about RedDevilKT) their jobs are not communicating with the community, so hoping is the best we can do. 

Hi All - I responded to this question in the tech support area (apologies - I'm not usually in the general discussion area). We are not planning to add invites to the Ranked game modes. The thread can be seen here for reference:

• Like 1

I have been once a day, during 1 month, trying to play a 25% S ranked race. 

Never did it.

5 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi All - I responded to this question in the tech support area (apologies - I'm not usually in the general discussion area). We are not planning to add invites to the Ranked game modes. The thread can be seen here for reference:

Popcorn at the ready 🍿 waiting for the huge backlash ....... 😂

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Hoo said:

First if all, thanks for the reply.

Im afraid that the answer is still missing. This other thread is about the amount of skillpoints we lose or gain in ranked. 

You also talk about you dont want to put a skill rating system in unranked. This is okay..

This thread is all about letting us invite friends into ranked lobbies when they are in a certain range of safety rating. 

I made some pretty good suggestion and also explained why unranked lobbies are no option.

I see that all of my 60-80 friends from our league and friend from other leagues stopped playing online at all. This is frustrating since I love the game. Its just a shame you cant play competitive with friends like in f1 2018. Atm we practise on sunday and do leagueracing tuesdays. Thats all.

I saw what happened in the last month and if you dont take this seriously the playercase will be a joke in a few months...

Edited by iosis
  • Disagree 1

Hi @iosis

The part of my other reply that was relevant to this topic was this comment:

"Skill Rating in Unranked Sessions. As this is a competitive mode, this wouldn’t work in an environment where players could determine the parameters of the competition themselves, e.g. to choose their preferred track or opponents. As such, we aren't considering adding skill ratings into Unranked mode."

The team did discuss various options around this, including ways of restricting invites and issues with safety rating. In terms of invites, the system currently isn't able to inspect safety ratings before the invitation is sent, so we'd end up with users being invited to sessions and then failing to join once we check their stats - this would have to include safety rating and skill rating in order to prevent exploits, plus a ping check to make sure these players wouldn't impair the performance of the lobby.  

After some discussion, the approach that the team wanted to take was to fix any issues with the current safety rating and skill rating system, but keep the general approach where players matchmake anonymously into the best possible session. We have hopefully fixed any issues with A-rated players being in lobbies with D-rated players and have fixes incoming for patch 1.11 which will make the skill system more appealing. We will tell whether these changes are successful following the next update.

The point you made about playing with friends and still getting rewards is a valid one, and I will make sure the design team of aware of this perspective when considering future proposals.

Thanks,
Hoo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, Realybadpiggy said:

Don't agree, ranked in 2018 was a nightmareish mess... One could get a decent race or two a night but invariably it would fall into mayhem with trolls and novice drivers and inevitably angry drivers going to war on the track...... 

2019 ranked has basically killed of the troll and skill mismatch issues and in effect greatly reduced the angry driver/ war on the track issues...

Comparitivly, where once I would get one maybe two ok races a night ( in 2018) now almost all races are good to really good experiences 😊

I miss my friends... Yes... Should we be able to invite friends of equal or better ranking... That would be nice.... Is the 2019 approach to ranked races perfect... No.... Is it way better than the 2018 mess... YES

PS ranked lobbies are very much alive and active

25 % Ranked Races for Playstation for someoene with a S Ranking is dead. I have tried for the last few weeks, and cannot find anyone to Race against.

The average of connected users in xbox is 40-60 in ranked lobbys, at the same time last year was easy to find 180 people playing...

I don´t know if the problem is to be able to invite friends, but there is a problem since clean drivers can´t find anybody to play with. 

Please do something to fix it.

Edited by pedrosdt

15 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi @iosis

The part of my other reply that was relevant to this topic was this comment:

"Skill Rating in Unranked Sessions. As this is a competitive mode, this wouldn’t work in an environment where players could determine the parameters of the competition themselves, e.g. to choose their preferred track or opponents. As such, we aren't considering adding skill ratings into Unranked mode."

The team did discuss various options around this, including ways of restricting invites and issues with safety rating. In terms of invites, the system currently isn't able to inspect safety ratings before the invitation is sent, so we'd end up with users being invited to sessions and then failing to join once we check their stats - this would have to include safety rating and skill rating in order to prevent exploits, plus a ping check to make sure these players wouldn't impair the performance of the lobby.  

After some discussion, the approach that the team wanted to take was to fix any issues with the current safety rating and skill rating system, but keep the general approach where players matchmake anonymously into the best possible session. We have hopefully fixed any issues with A-rated players being in lobbies with D-rated players and have fixes incoming for patch 1.11 which will make the skill system more appealing. We will tell whether these changes are successful following the next update.

The point you made about playing with friends and still getting rewards is a valid one, and I will make sure the design team of aware of this perspective when considering future proposals.

Thanks,
Hoo.

Thank you for your reply,

"the system currently isn't able to inspect safety ratings before the invitation is sent"

Okay this is a big problem. But not impossible to fix. A simple "if"-clause after the player joins the lobby. If the player is not in safety range of "minimum safety rank" put him in status "spectator". The player gets a message "You safety rating is to low to participate in your friends lobby". He can spectate and nothing else. The same thing for skill rating or ping...

I mean lobbies were so much better in F1 2018.

A much bigger problem is that we can't play ranked with our friends. Siriously. Most of the people don't play alone. Yesterday we were three guys in our voicechat. Two of us had the pleasure to play in a lobby with other very good drivers with A or S safety rank. Me who is also in S and 2300 SR was not able to participate. 
This is just a simple example. A lot of players complain about "no player in S lobbies or 25% lobbies" This was no issue in F1 2018 because there was a lot bigger playerbase.

This whole situation whould be better if you still could invite friends. Even if this means that once in the time a wild D player appears. Who cares. At least you can play most times on a good safety rank in fair lobbies with your friends. 

13 minutes ago, pedrosdt said:

The average of connected users in xbox is 40-60 in ranked lobbys, at the same time last year was easy to find 180 people playing...

I don´t know if the problem is to be able to invite friends, but there is a problem since clean drivers can´t find anybody to play with. 

Please do something to fix it.

thats all because there are so many players out there who play video games with their friends and only have fun when doing that. Most of them stopped playing ranked because they have no fun playing alone. These are your missing 120-140 players. 

We tried unranked in the beginning, but we had no fun there because unfair drivers dont get penalized and we couldnt fight for good ranks together like last year.

Edited by iosis