LET US INVITE FRIENDS TO RANKED LOBBIES AGAIN

35 minutes ago, iosis said:

i give up on this game.

Really? Just because you can’t invite your friends to ranked lobbies 😂

Just play the game and enjoy it, play unranked and invite your friends all you want if this is what’s most important to you! You already have the option to do this. What’s the obsession with being able to do it in ranked?

if you don’t enjoy it play something else that you enjoy more. It’s a game.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Pretty damn easy to explain: 

to drive against other people on the same safety rank "COMPETITVE". Not against kids that crash into you every two races, so you have to kick them out of your lobby. Half of my league met us in ranked lobbies in F1 2018 and joined our league afterwards. We enjoyed ranked so much that we wrote this topic here together.

"just play the game and enjoy it" - thank you for your help... #faceplam
I am pretty sure online lobbies have a population that is not half as great like in the last game. This topic here explains why.

• Haha 1

@BarryBL

Hi Barry, it would be great if CM would consider this topic for f1 2020.

Kind regards

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

is there any chance for some good news here?!

lobbies are simply dead for me in f1 2019. And no I dont want a short 5 lap race, where crash kids have their fun.

Everytime I join a 25% race lobby, Im always alone and have to wait for randoms. (My ratings are Gold and A in Safety)

A friend (Silver and B) is joining at the same time another lobby...but never in mine...or vice versa.

League racing with friends is also not an option, because of the bad AI behavier (I dont have so may friends to fill the full grid) and its limited to some dates.

There is no spontaneity possible in league racing like in lobbies.

I hope CM rethink about this topic..... 

I have to play F1 2017 (dont have the 18) instead....where also 50% races are possible.

Edited by 2Pacalypse
  • Like 1

I completely agree with iosis here. It was a huge dissapointment when I saw that I was not able to compete with a friend. Sure you can boost each other to get better rankings, but I, as well as most of the people commenting on this post, don't care about it. It's great to compete, and if you can have fun with a friend while doing so, it's so much berter.

Maybe CM could adopt a certain policy like put the pair of players playing together in a room based on the rank of the player that has lower ranks (safety rank mainly). That way, players with S safety rank won't have to deal with a D-ranked player, and it wouldn't break the game.

• Like 1

Hopefully they never put it in. Amount of times I’ve been smashed off track because someone’s friend was the back marker. Also can’t think of a single other game that lets you queue into a ranked “Free for all” with a friend. Why do you guys think that it would work for this? 🤔

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Who are these strange people that have friends and want to enjoy this game "competitive" with them?

#facepalm Bendylanes  

I want to say something.

The 50 guys in my league didn't enjoy this game as much as F1 2018/2017!! Not because it is worse, but because we can't play in ranked lobbies together which we loved back then. 
We can play in unranked lobbies, but nobody has fun there... (obvious reasons!)

Since F1 2019 we are in a bubble and just play against ourselves in league races and self made lobbies for us.

Posted (edited)

I can imagine all those people who were against inviting Friends enjoing the game waiting alone in s ranked 25% lobbys for anybody to connect. If they are lucky after 20 minutes they can play a race against another lonely player...

The Game punishes clean drivers ...

This is ridículous, the idea did not work. Just turn it back.

Edited by pedrosdt
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

update:

the day before yesterday my friend received finally his A rating. Now he can join to my ranked lobby....(25%)

BUT...there is nobody else :D

Yesterday he had no time to play, so I deperately waited for 20 mins....nothing happend man! Nobody, literally nobody joined me there...

At the same time: europe has million unranked lobbies....where I was kicked out before i could choose my car....***?

So I had to search for a "good and fair" lobby for another 30 min or so....Then finally I found one: qualifyed 6th of 20, finished 1st....after the race there were only 3 guys including me left...

wow.... so i closed the App and turned off the PS4.

So this game makes no sense for me to play anymore, I have the platin trophy and all the items unlocked...

no goals, no lobbies, nothing left anymore

Edited by 2Pacalypse
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2Pacalypse said:

update:

the day before yesterday my friend received finally his A rating. Now he can join to my ranked lobby....(25%)

BUT...there is nobody else 😄

Yesterday he had no time to play, so I deperately waited for 20 mins....nothing happend man! Nobody, literally nobody joined me there...

At the same time: europe has million unranked lobbies....where I was kicked out before i could choose my car....***?

So I had to search for a "good and fair" lobby for another 30 min or so....Then finally I found one: qualifyed 6th of 20, finished 1st....after the race there were only 3 guys including me left...

wow.... so i closed the App and turned off the PS4.

So this game makes no sense for me to play anymore, I have the platin trophy and all the items unlocked...

no goals, no lobbies, nothing left anymore

there are so many people experiencing and feeling like that.

If there wasnt league racing i would play something else...

Edited by iosis

14 hours ago, iosis said:

there are so many people experiencing and feeling like that.

If there wasnt league racing i would play something else...

Omg! You’re actually still on about this 😂

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Omg! You’re actually still on about this 😂

And you still have to play alone for obvious reasons. 

Edited by iosis
  • Haha 1

Can we maintain this thread? I have no reason to play F1 2020 if I can't invite my friends into ranked mode. Why was this function deleted? What is the point? Yes I know the opponents say that you can help your friends to improve their rank? But what's the problem, ranked mode was still 100x fairer than unranked, I was rarely crashed because all drivers who play ranked mode want to improve their level?
With this feature Codemasters has managed to kill the online ranked lobbies. What does it do for you now? Nobody but really nobody plays ranked?
Conclusion: Better a ranked with many players than a ranked without players 

the greatest insolence is that Codemasters has never commented on this topic

The next game will soon release,... ranked lobbies will be empty for for another year and... nobody cares.

I've become more and more frustrated with this game. Ranked lobby 5 laps is fine and if you and a friend search long enough at the same time you can get in the same lobby, but that as a system is ridiculous. Unranked lobbies are completely unpredictable and if you want to set one up to be in control of who can stay, it takes an hour before anyone joins. The ranked element needs to be there as there are consequences to crashing. 

Game is great, the online system is a bit of a shambles. Adding invites to ranked lobbies is one place to start to make it better. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Please, i cant stand another year playing just alone. 

I dont understand why you would rather have no ranked mode where you cant invite friends than no ranked mode at all... (because atm ranked is dead)

Edited by iosis

If you were to be able to invite friends I think people would abuse it to gain ranks much quicker by people letting them win

• Agree 1

Just now, smalls048 said:

If you were to be able to invite friends I think people would abuse it to gain ranks much quicker by people letting them win

Who cares? Its still better than empty lobbies.

Even if some guys would do this, (never saw someone doing this in f1 18) they would have a bad experience as soon as they get ranked against better players.

I think most people enjoy the less stressful unranked lobbys anyway so if you want to play online just use unranked.

Please Bring the ranked Lobbys with friends back 

This is for all players perfect. 

We all can then play ranked Lobbys with friends. This is more fun as alone 

Please codemasters 

3 minutes ago, AiRThurino said:

Please Bring the ranked Lobbys with friends back 

This is for all players perfect. 

We all can then play ranked Lobbys with friends. This is more fun as alone 

Please codemasters 

It would be a nice idea but it wouldn’t work as you could just switch race wins between 3 people in a lobby and basically cheat to A ratings. If it comes back then Codemasters will definitely have to put some form of restrictions (i.e. minimum lobby sizes and restrict how many friends of each player can be allowed).

• Like 1