LET US INVITE FRIENDS TO RANKED LOBBIES AGAIN

3 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

I think most people enjoy the less stressful unranked lobbys anyway so if you want to play online just use unranked.

I can speak for 50 people in my league here:

We have no fun in unranked lobbies. We want to gain ranks. We want to achieve a good safety rank so we get matched against other fair drivers. 

Some people like us just enjoy games in ranked modes.

CM removing this feature in f1 2019 hit us hard.

• Agree 1

While it's annoying you can't play ranked with your friends, if they'd allow invites again each lobby would be full of people with horrible safety ratings again. 

Maybe as a solution they could allow invites but only let you in if you've got the same safety rating of the lobby or one below. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

@Worntoathread I agree with your opinion, there should be an option to invite your friends, as long as they have the same security and level.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cpayne32 said:

It would be a nice idea but it wouldn’t work as you could just switch race wins between 3 people in a lobby and basically cheat to A ratings. If it comes back then Codemasters will definitely have to put some form of restrictions (i.e. minimum lobby sizes and restrict how many friends of each player can be allowed).

We search minimum 2 hrs for a lobby with friends. 

We have found  4 league partners in 1 lobby and drive 4 3 rounds alone 

Then come one guy and the lobby crashed. You know what I mean? 

We search to long around to find us. 

After the next lobby crash 

We search 2 hrs more to find my friends or league partners 

The unranked Lobbys isn't  fun all the time we have guys he drives with safety ranked a and goes as safety rank c 

We all would drive together with another peoples for a fair racing und good fighting 

1 hour ago, iosis said:

Who cares? Its still better than empty lobbies.

Even if some guys would do this, (never saw someone doing this in f1 18) they would have a bad experience as soon as they get ranked against better players.

Who cares for a ranked mode that can be manipulated?? The quickest way to get your opinion dismissed! lol. This is the exact reason why there is an unranked mode that you can invite anyone into.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, martbloke said:

Who cares for a ranked mode that can be manipulated?? The quickest way to get your opinion dismissed! lol. This is the exact reason why there is an unranked mode that you can invite anyone into.

most of the people wouldnt care that there are maybe some guys abusing the feature, when the other option is, that ranked is dead.

This problem will dissapear when they add crossplay hopefully soon but for now (on pc!!) they should change something.

Edited by KiLLu12258

3 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

While it's annoying you can't play ranked with your friends, if they'd allow invites again each lobby would be full of people with horrible safety ratings again. 

Maybe as a solution they could allow invites but only let you in if you've got the same safety rating of the lobby or one below. 

Yes, that would be great!!

• Like 1

And if there is no technical possibility to check the safety rating before the invite than check afterwards and put unallowed players in a spectactor mode. 

53 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

most of the people wouldnt care that there are maybe some guys abusing the feature, when the other option is, that ranked is dead.

This problem will dissapear when they add crossplay hopefully soon but for now (on pc!!) they should change something.

Well they would if the abuse was affecting others for the sake of getting their buddies to get higher placed in the race like intentional blocking or crashing! Possibility is low but certainly is not 0%. Ranked mode is a single driver ranked mode against everyone else not a friend-sesh!

I agree that if they are the same ranking for the lobby, then of course have the ability to invite them but that's it.

We are talking like there is such a great amount of people that cheat ranks. This is not even the case.

3 hours ago, iosis said:

We are talking like there is such a great amount of people that cheat ranks. This is not even the case.

And you know the numbers like I know the numbers yeah? Why the change in allowing to invite friends to them? Something must've prompted that?

Oh and if you check again I did say it was a low number so not sure where you get the "great" from?? You know that old saying, "It's always the minority that spoils it for everyone". Anyways it's besides the point. It's not exactly in the sporting nature for any competitor of any ranked mode to be able to change the dynamics of said competition themselves so being able to invite friends to your ranked race goes against this imo. If you both end up their by luck then fair enough.

I dont know the numbers but i played ranked in f1 18 almost daily with my friends. And the biggest problem there was that you could invite friends with bad safety ranks to lobbies. Of course some players with D-rank where annoiying.

This problem could be fix easily with the suggestion that we mentioned earlier in this thread. If it is a B-rank lobby: put invited D-ranked friend in visitor-mode. Dont let them race. 

Was it a problem that a ridiculous low number of people helped each other gain better ranks? Never. If some friend drives unfair so some other guy gains one or two positions, he has to sacrifice his safety rank... 

I think most people underestimate this topic. So many people (with friends) still want to play competitive. 

Yeah and the racers with friends we going on open Lobbys with safety D drivers. 

When we going on ranked Lobbys with friends or race league driver 

We can going fair races and strong fighting with drivers from the same safety rating 

And many fun as in open Lobbys with drivers from safety rating lower or drivers he crashed the Lobbys 

Isn't league racing one big multi - friend invite to a ranked lobby? Or are leagues non ranking?

12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Isn't league racing one big multi - friend invite to a ranked lobby? Or are leagues non ranking?

Kinda...

And thats pretty much all we are doing since a year. League race, league race preparation, league race, league race preparation...

no wonder some of us went to Assetto Corsa Competizione for some variety.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, iosis said:

Kinda...

And thats pretty much all we are doing since a year. League race, league race preparation, league race, league race preparation...

no wonder some of us went to Assetto Corsa Competizione for some variety.

Thanks for the info! I believe Codies must have had a good reason for removing it, probably a sad one. Maybe they received a lot of complaints from drivers or maybe there was an exploit that was being used they couldn't fix in the short term. They obviously couldn't state this as a public reason. If it was players behaving badly its against their best interests to criticize customers. I'd love to know the actual answer though, but probably never will.

What they should do is that friends who have been invited with a safety rating two tiers lower than the people in the lobby should just be ghosted so they can’t hit people. For example if it’s a A safety rating lobby and I invite a friend who’s only C safety rating he would be ghosted in the race but if it’s a friend who I invite is B safety rating or higher he would be able to race normally 

6 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

What they should do is that friends who have been invited with a safety rating two tiers lower than the people in the lobby should just be ghosted so they can’t hit people. For example if it’s a A safety rating lobby and I invite a friend who’s only C safety rating he would be ghosted in the race but if it’s a friend who I invite is B safety rating or higher he would be able to race normally 

Ah but do you then think they have an advantage? I mean if I were a ghost car, I could race like I was in time trial with no possibility of having to race another car so no need being off the racing line. Also would mean their safety rating would never change or would improve as they wouldn't be in any crashes. No go from me.

• Agree 2

Me and my friends in league racing used to play ranked alot on 2018. Not for the rank, we dont care but to have random tracks and vast settings without 1 person controlling it. I personally haven't seen people trading wins or anything. 

Bad drivers are in every online mode of every race game. Think it might be even worse in unranked. 

We switched to Forza Motorsport for doing hoppers now because we cant do it properly on F1 anymore as a group

• Agree 2

Could someone already test F12020? Are we able to invite friends into ranked lobbies?

• Like 1

Not possible... -.-

Ranked will be dead in a month or 2.

@BarryBL

Hi Barry,

can you tell us what CM thinks about this topic?

And what do you think about this suggestion:

1) There is a simple solution: Bring friend-invites back, but if the safety rank of the invited player don't fits the regulations of the lobby put him in visitor state.

Of course: In a C-Lobby you should still be allowed to invite S-ranked friends as they should be aware of possible D-ranked players in this lobby.

Best regards

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, iosis said:

@BarryBL

Hi Barry,

can you tell us what CM thinks about this topic?

And what do you think about this suggestion:

1) There is a simple solution: Bring friend-invites back, but if the safety rank of the invited player don't fits the regulations of the lobby put him in visitor state.

Of course: In a C-Lobby you should still be allowed to invite S-ranked friends as they should be aware of possible D-ranked players in this lobby.

Best regards

I like the idea but if I have a safety rating of A then I don’t want to be racing against c or d ranks. 

21 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

I like the idea but if I have a safety rating of A then I don’t want to be racing against c or d ranks. 

if you read my suggestion slowly, you will understand that you dont have to race against c or d ranked players if you are in A.

If you join ranked, the game will put you in a lobby with other A players. Players can invite a friend, but if the friend don't fit the regulations of the lobby (safety rank S-B), the friend cant join races.

Since it isnt programmable to check the safety rank before someone joins a lobby, players that dont fit the safety settings of a lobby - can join, but will stay in visitor mode. Maybe with an alert like "your safety rank is to low to join races in this lobby."