LET US INVITE FRIENDS TO RANKED LOBBIES AGAIN

Posted (edited)

I hope this thread gets a little bit of attention...

Topic: F1 2019 don't let us invite friends to ranked lobbies anymore.

Why they probably done that:

• To ensure, friends don't boost each other to ranks they don't deserve.
  • To ensure, friends with D rank don't get invited to S or A lobbies.

This leads to:

• Many players stopped playing lobbies at all. The playerbase is obviously smaller than in F1 2018.
  • S-Lobbies are rare. To find lobbies at all, they put S-players in C/D-Lobbies nethertheless.
  • Most time you will find no ranked lobby at all
  • 25% lobbies are dead.

plus:

• ranked is not a bit fairer than in F1 2018

My personal experience:

I am a community leader from germany. We are 750 gamers and 70 active F1 players (in our 3 leagues) at the moment. Our community and the friends from other german communities loved F1 2018 and loved playing ranked together. We don't have a single unfair player with us. Almost everyday a few of us played ranked together and we enjoyed that a lot. It is a good distraction from league races. 

...Why would you play alone when you are in teamspeak with other people. 

Now we as a whole community stopped playing lobbies...

From what I read hear and on reddit, ranked is not a bit fairer than in F1 2018. D-ranked players still play in the same lobbies as S-ranked players. Also boosting was never a problem in F1 2018. Not like in other games like rocket league (where you still can play ranked with friends and it works great).

"Just play unranked"

Most players just play to compare themselves with others in competitive manner. And almost every other game let people do that with their friends. PC-Gamers trend to play games in teams und often don't care about unranked modes at all. Also unfair players are allowed to crash you in every second corner without any punishment. You can't avoid this people in unranked.

Suggestion

There will still be people out there that will disagree with this thread. I hope all players that usually play ranked alone won't dislike this thread straightforward.

1) There is a simple solution: Bring friend-invites back, but still don't let C/D-players join S/A-lobbies. If there is one single S player in the lobbies the invited C-player should get an error-message "You are not allowed..."

2) Or go even further and flag the lobbies with safety-tags. Every lobby has a tag with its safety rank. 

"This is a A-lobby" - and you should be allowed to invite just the friends with a minimum safety rank of B.

Of course: In a C-Lobby you should still be allowed to invite S-ranked friends as they should be aware of possible D-ranked players in this lobby.

@Faya

Kind regards,

iosis - Co-Leader Airborne Multigaming and leader of the Airborne Racing Leagues

Edited by iosis
  • Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 1

Absolute conformity with Iosis.

I've loved driving in ranked lobbies. F1 2018 was almost perfect. I could always compete with my clan members and friends together in fair ranked competitions.
Unfortunately this is no longer possible in F1 2019. So since the release of F1 2019 I have participated in less ranked lobbies than in F1 2018 in one week.
But why don't I participate more in the ranked lobbies?
- I have to drive against drivers who play absolutely unfairly, for example: I overtake another player absolutely fair and as revenge I get shot down by him in the next corner unbraked. Who will ranked down? Of course I who drive absolutely fair.
- Friendships that have built up over the years can no longer be maintained unless you drive in unraked lobbies / leagues.
- new friendships certainly don't develop, if everyone is only ****** off because unfair drivers are always there.

I think I have all the parts of Codemasters F1 but I haven't experienced such a bad opportunity to play with friends yet.

So I ask you to finally take care of this problem. As it is at the moment, I only play my training program so that I am well prepared for my next league race. Otherwise F1 2019 is off and I prefer to play other games with my friends and clan members.

With best regards

Schatti Gaming

• Agree 2

BRING BACK FRIEND INVITES IN RANKED LOBBIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rankeds are dead on PC! come on codemasters!

• Agree 2

Sorry, but no way should you be able to invite friends to ranked lobbies. That’s really not the point of them.

If you want to play with friends you can... in unranked lobbies.

If you want to play competitively you can... in ranked lobbies.

The choice is there already.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

17 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Sorry, but no way should you be able to invite friends to ranked lobbies. That’s really not the point of them.

The choice is there already.

"There will still be people out there that will disagree with this thread. I hope all players that usually play ranked alone won't dislike this thread straightforward."

You say that like it is obvious, but you don't mention a single reason. If there was only one good reason for "no way should you be able to invite friends to ranked lobbies."...

You can play competitive as teams or at least together in almost EVERY OTHER Esport game (and besides in F1 2018). Why shouldnt you be able in F1 2019? That you want to play competitive shouldnt mean that you have to play alone.

F1 is a game that you usually dont play alone - you play with friends. You team up to play in leagues. But most times league races are just once a week. 

If codemasters doesnt give a damn about these people, communities/leagues/clans, and their wish to play competitive together this game will have the lowest playerbase in the last decade.

6 hours ago, iosis - airborne-gaming.de said:

You can play competitive as teams or at least together in almost EVERY OTHER Esport game (and besides in F1 2018).

The reason is that those games have teams. It could be possible to do a team ranked mode, but I'm afraid not many people would play that and the game would be even more dead.

Totally aggree on this thread it is a ***** shame the amoubt of online players that are here right now also it is a ***** shame u arw supposed to keep b ranking to get into 25 % lobbies  ...fix your **** that u created codies and tbh i hope they will give f1 licences to a company that can actually think about the rank system.. think about their online community and manage to fix their major freaking bugss and be able to create a game that is not crashing every day. Tbh a game from 2000 have a better lobby system then this game . 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

HOW can we play competitively in ranked lobbies, when ranked lobbies are DEAD??

Dont even try and tell me 5 lap races count either because they do not, they are empty a lot aswell anyway.

F1 2019 ****** me off so bad, first game in 4 years of +1000 hours each year that I traded in, haven't played in a month. It seems inviting players is the cause of lobbies being dead, so I say bring it back!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I guess not a single cm employee is active in this forum. 

They are probably working all on GRID. 

I love f1 games but this is so disappointing...

Edited by iosis - airborne-gaming.de
  • Like 1

I absolutely agree to that topic .

its also sad that nobody talked or informed in the beta phase about that!

MAKE IT HAPPEN Codemasters

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Don't agree, ranked in 2018 was a nightmareish mess... One could get a decent race or two a night but invariably it would fall into mayhem with trolls and novice drivers and inevitably angry drivers going to war on the track...... 

2019 ranked has basically killed of the troll and skill mismatch issues and in effect greatly reduced the angry driver/ war on the track issues...

Comparitivly, where once I would get one maybe two ok races a night ( in 2018) now almost all races are good to really good experiences 😊

I miss my friends... Yes... Should we be able to invite friends of equal or better ranking... That would be nice.... Is the 2019 approach to ranked races perfect... No.... Is it way better than the 2018 mess... YES

PS ranked lobbies are very much alive and active

Edited by Realybadpiggy
Ps
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Realybadpiggy said:

Don't agree, ranked in 2018 was a nightmareish mess... One could get a decent race or two a night but invariably it would fall into mayhem with trolls and novice drivers and inevitably angry drivers going to war on the track...... 

2019 ranked has basically killed of the troll and skill mismatch issues and in effect greatly reduced the angry driver/ war on the track issues...

Comparitivly, where once I would get one maybe two ok races a night ( in 2018) now almost all races are good to really good experiences 😊

I miss my friends... Yes... Should we be able to invite friends of equal or better ranking... That would be nice.... Is the 2019 approach to ranked races perfect... No.... Is it way better than the 2018 mess... YES

today morning lobbys 25 % dead 5 % dead

today midday around 1500 25 % dead 5 7 ppl active

stopped playing since game crashed once again .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Realybadpiggy said:

Are you okay bro? How can online be better than F1 2018 when there is no online.

I cannot contemplate how you think ranked lobbies are alive and active. 

Yes it is much much less dirty, mostly because its empty.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I could not agree more with the statement made by iosis. Being unable to invite friends to ranked lobbies is really bad for community building as there is just nothing to do anymore other than doing league racing and social races. It was great fun just teaming up with a few guys and find some other random people to race with. Sure, the racing has never been clean, but as it was only 5-lappers it was bearable, and still mostly a fun experience.

Please CM, let us invite friends to Rankeds again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

"If you build it they will come". 

Nothing much was built and only a few came... Then most left for elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

"Just play unranked"

Yesterday we were 6 people together who wanted to play lobbies together. FAIR ONLINE LOBBIES. So we started an unranked lobby.^^

Its impossible to have fun there due to the crash-kids that don't have to fear any consequences after not breaking in curves and taking others out of the race.

We want to play together with other drivers on good safety ranks. Its so frustrating that we are not allowed to do that. I guess the game will be dead in 2 or 3 months.

💔

Edited by iosis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, iosis said:

"Just play unranked"

Yesterday we were 6 people together who wanted to play lobbies together. FAIR ONLINE LOBBIES. So we started an unranked lobby.^^

Its impossible to have fun there due to the crash-kids that don't have to fear any consequences after not breaking in curves and taking others out of the race.

We want to play together with other drivers on good safety ranks. Its so frustrating that we are not allowed to do that. I guess the game will be dead in 2 or 3 months.

💔

The whole thing is a bit of a farce really.

Codemasters need to be a bit more proactive in getting more people using multiplayer.

Whatever it is causing the issue at the moment isn't working so three things need to be implemented.

1) Friends invite. At the end of the day if someone misbehaves they will simply be kicked anyway.

2) Perhaps you could only invite or be invited into the lobby if you meet a set criteria. Say a C licence. Some kind of incentive to drive cleanly.

3) To me this is most important. People should never be put into empty lobbies. People looking to join a multiplayer race should always be directed to a lobby with people in it.

I am max gold and more often than not end up in an empty lobby. No doubt this happens to many other people.

All people should be put in the nearest highest available lobby.

• Like 1

Is it a case that perhaps there are too many ranked lobbies.

Too much focus on the next race. Quick track vote, 60 seconds and away you go even if the lobby consists of 4 drivers. Thats poor.

Perhaps if less people are racing then reduce the number of lobbies, increase the wait until the next race to say 3 minutes and actually fill the lobby/field.

Furthermore, make sure everyone is put into a lobby even if there is no obvious match. If someone is too good for the highest lobby then so be it. 

People enter multiplayer to race. Not to race 3 people, not to stare at their own user id on their own in a lobby.

same here ... please bring BACK FRIEND INVITES IN RANKED LOBBIES - or join friends in ranked lobby
ranked lobbies are dead on PC 😕 

• Like 1

I love the f1 games, regardless of its tons of flaws.

Even F1 2018 had its flaws and bugs. But we had the possibility to play together against other A/S or B-safety drivers and had so much fun. ...a reason to overlook all flaws. 

...I think codemasters knows how small the playerbase is compared to F1 2018. 

BRING BACK FRIEND INVITES IN RANKED LOBBIES

F1 2018 was really fun with this mode... and i think most of all players only played ranked lobbies.....

Now you only have to drive in private lobbies, that is not that much fun like in f1 2018.

I didnt got the point, why it was closed.... i really see no positive argument to play the future f1 game with this attitude......

SO Codemasters PLEASE respect the community opinion and act.

• Like 1