Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Didzis said:
@Undercoverclown The original livery shows through, because you probably didn't make/replace the specocc texture. That determines the reflectivness of the livery (brighter is more reflective, darker is less, you can go from not reflective at all to chrome)

About windows, it might be that you're using older dds plugins. If you're using Nvidia dds plugin, I would suggest you switch to Intel dds plugin

EDIT: Woops, didn't see the 3 replies :D 
I have no idea why it corrupted in the first place, only thing i did was export it using ego pssg editor and open it with photoshop but changing the plugin indeed fixed the issue. So I'm guessing it was the plugins fault.
But now after editing them and load them into the game, you can't see through them anymore even though they are clear in the photo editor

You control the opacity with an alpha layer, not by actually making them transparent like you would a PNG. You have to go to channels, and press New, that will create an alpha layer. There everything that's white will be opaque, and everything that's black will be transparent. So in the alpha the both the numbers and the window frames should be white. The glass usually is a bit tinted so for that paint the alpha grey instead of black

And you don't need to make the glass transparent in the RGB channels, you can paint it greenish-blue or some other color. Think of it like a JPEG, everything transparent will still be turned opaque white anyway after you save it

Didzis said:
You control the opacity with an alpha layer, not by actually making them transparent like you would a PNG. You have to go to channels, and press New, that will create an alpha layer. There everything that's white will be opaque, and everything that's black will be transparent. So in the alpha the both the numbers and the window frames should be white. The glass usually is a bit tinted so for that paint the alpha grey instead of black

And you don't need to make the glass transparent in the RGB channels, you can paint it greenish-blue or some other color. Think of it like a JPEG, everything transparent will still be turned opaque white anyway after you save it
Could you guide me through this process? Or send me a link to a guide?
I experimented with the thing you talked about but couldn't get it to work ( First time editing files for a game, and first time using photoshop)

Ok, so when first opening the window texture, it should look something like this. If you installed the Intel plugin, it will ask wether you want to Load Transparensity as Alpha Channel and Load Mip-maps into separate layers. Tick the Alpha one and don't tick the mip-maps one
Notice, how the glass part has a greenish tint to it

First make all the numbers, names and banners. Just be sure to make them in a new layer and not work on the background layer

You should have the Channels pane activated in Window > Channels
When you click on the Alpha channel, it should look something like that

In the alpha channel you need to color the parts you want solid. To do that, you have to select the visibile pixels and color them white
If there were some previous texts and numbers, you will first need to paint them grey so you can start with an empty slate

So it looks like this. Notice the black line under lattelecom logo, that's where there is the brake light behind the glass. By painting the alpha black, you're essentially making a hole. (In this case it already was like that in the default skin)

After that you should be almost done. Save it as Intel Textureworks DDS, select Color + Alpha and BC3 8bpp (Linear). Leave the mip-maps on auto generate and you should be done.
Do note, that BC3 (a.k.a. DXT5) will sometimes mess up the colors a bit, especially when dealing with dark grey gradients it can add green or purple tints. If that happens you could try different compression methods. I don't remember which ones worked with DiRT Rally, but worst case you just get a black/corrupted texture in game, so just save it as a different one and try again

After importing the texture in the PSSG Editor, you should see wether it's transparent or not

If you have any questions, just ask :) 

Also, you should probably download these, they will surely help a lot - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dirt-rally-wireframes-rally-cars.10664/

Please Help!
How can i paint Driver / Co-driver helmets and race suits for each car in Dirt 4 for each car ?

I made a custom livery for Evo 6 "KATZU" and the original crew members painted on Red, and i wish to use a different color for their suits and helmets. I don't wanna paint on general Dirt 4 race suits, just wanna replace this one with my custom livery only that car. Where can i find the files and which one i need to re-paint?

Thanks.

Hi! I need some help on Jimmy McRae's 1987 RAC Rally Sierra RS. 
Under the "Pirelli Gripping stuff" sticker in the rear wheel arch, there is a stiker covered by mud. Do you know what it was? The RAC livery is quite different in comparison with the 1987 Manx Rally, which has no stickers under the Pirelli one. I'm thinking about doing both, but finding pics of the RAC version is hard: small sizes, a getty watermark covering a clean rear arch.... Help will be welcomed! Thanks.

This is the best one I could find, it looks like it says Greenwo... or something like that, I'm about 90% sure about the green part

EDIT: Found a better one. It's Greenwoods

Might be this one, the font looks similar, but I'm not sure

Is anyone able to make the 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V livery for the Evo VI? 

Didzis said:
This is the best one I could find, it looks like it says Greenwo... or something like that, I'm about 90% sure about the green part

EDIT: Found a better one. It's Greenwoods

Might be this one, the font looks similar, but I'm not sure

I would say that you're right. Thank you very much! I would also make the Llewellin's  "Gemini" Sierra

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ford-sierra-rs-cosworth-jimmy-mcrae-1987.24553/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sierra-rs-cosworth-llewellin-short-1988-lombard-rac-rally.24552/