Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Recommended Posts

Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
Agree mate some people here thinks it ok to edit someone elses work thats been posted here, as you said they need to contact the author before doing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
Sorry mate, I had no idea when saying thanks - I didn't play DiRT 3 and am new around here.

Nonetheless, great job with the skin, so I'm glad it was brought to my attention. Do you have somewhere your other creations are hosted, may I enquire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
I didnt copied you version from DiRT 3 it was conversion from Rfactor rallyworld 4.0. I'll delete linka but this is not your copied skin.Sorry i like your liverys and now i 'll be checking what skins you have done.Sory again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is a guy here : http://ameblo.jp/dirt23/entry-12045113694.html

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I keep mentioning it but this was why we need a curated Steam Mod addition to DR, it can be skirted around, but it would help some and could be monitored for rip offs, at least let others know who created what, and that a livery is already done.  Not perfect, but it can only help.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
I keep mentioning it but this was why we need a curated Steam Mod addition to DR, it can be skirted around, but it would help some and could be monitored for rip offs, at least let others know who created what, and that a livery is already done.  Not perfect, but it can only help.  
Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julo264 said:
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
I didnt copied you version from DiRT 3 it was conversion from Rfactor rallyworld 4.0. I'll delete linka but this is not your copied skin.Sorry i like your liverys and now i 'll be checking what skins you have done.Sory again

This could be a huge can of worms.
Firstly, did you make the original livery as in Rfactor Rally World 4.0, or have permission from whoever made those skins?
I noticed the Opel Works scheme for the Manta is also seen in Rfactor Rally World, so that's presumably another conversion.
As @hoonhead says, doing something for your own personal use is one thing, but distributing it, especially without permission, isn't acceptable.

The other question mark is the Opel Manta in Rfactor Rally World itself.
It's highly unlikely that different 3D models from different people would have similar texture mapping.
Typically a huge amount of work would be required to 'convert' textures from one persons model to another unless, well, the 3D model and how its textures are mapped is almost identical. You'd at least expect some degree of stretching or alignment issues.

If the DiRT3 textures fit the rFactor model so well, and could then in turn be put back into DiRT Rally, it's entirely possible the 3D model itself being used in rFactor is actually the Codemasters Opel Manta 3D model which somebody converted to another game and then distributing (which would be a huuuuge NOPE).
If that was the case, someone could have taken @hoonhead /Rallygamer's Bastos Manta and put it into Rfactor Rally World, which you subsequently put back into another DiRT game.
Even if it is in another game, it's unlikely someone could make their own Bastos Manta that is pixel accurate to another existing one, nevermind across different models.

EDIT1:
This isn't as outlandish as you might think. There's quite a few mods for games, including Shift 2: Unleashed, to put Forza Motorsport/Horizon cars into those games. Those mods actually require you to put the Forza 4/Horizon disc into your PC to validate you can use the model, though that's still not really valid in a legal sense.
I mention that because the Audi Quattro S1 in the video @Julo264 just posted looks an awful lot like the Forza 4 DLC model.

EDIT2:
Have a look at the Ford RS200 at 1:20
It actually has DiRT3 on the side, above the race number.
Uh oh... Not something I would expect someone to randomly add to an RS200 in a different game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julo264 said:
wezel1977 said:
:@Meerkat80 thx looking forward t'il you release that skin, i'm a big ford escort fan (have worked at ford factory Belgium) and always loved the cosworth sierra and escort.
and this for sound mods codies:p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBtJYvQLr4
Are any of you guys working on this? It belongs in the game, how else are people gonna make CMR vs D:R comparison videos? ;)
yes.. this skin please.. it s wonderful!!!
Im working on this escort skin at the moment
thx a lot !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Julo264 said:
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
I didnt copied you version from DiRT 3 it was conversion from Rfactor rallyworld 4.0. I'll delete linka but this is not your copied skin.Sorry i like your liverys and now i 'll be checking what skins you have done.Sory again

This could be a huge can of worms.
Firstly, did you make the original livery as in Rfactor Rally World 4.0, or have permission from whoever made those skins?
I noticed the Opel Works scheme for the Manta is also seen in Rfactor Rally World, so that's presumably another conversion.
As @hoonhead says, doing something for your own personal use is one thing, but distributing it, especially without permission, isn't acceptable.

The other question mark is the Opel Manta in Rfactor Rally World itself.
It's highly unlikely that different 3D models from different people would have similar texture mapping.
Typically a huge amount of work would be required to 'convert' textures from one persons model to another unless, well, the 3D model and how its textures are mapped is almost identical. You'd at least expect some degree of stretching or alignment issues.

If the DiRT3 textures fit the rFactor model so well, and could then in turn be put back into DiRT Rally, it's entirely possible the 3D model itself being used in rFactor is actually the Codemasters Opel Manta 3D model which somebody converted to another game and then distributing (which would be a huuuuge NOPE).
If that was the case, someone could have taken @hoonhead /Rallygamer's Bastos Manta and put it into Rfactor Rally World, which you subsequently put back into another DiRT game.
Even if it is in another game, it's unlikely someone could make their own Bastos Manta that is pixel accurate to another existing one, nevermind across different models.

EDIT1:
This isn't as outlandish as you might think. There's quite a few mods for games, including Shift 2: Unleashed, to put Forza Motorsport/Horizon cars into those games. Those mods actually require you to put the Forza 4/Horizon disc into your PC to validate you can use the model, though that's still not really valid in a legal sense.
I mention that because the Audi Quattro S1 in the video @Julo264 just posted looks an awful lot like the Forza 4 DLC model.

EDIT2:
Have a look at the Ford RS200 at 1:20
It actually has DiRT3 on the side, above the race number.
Uh oh... Not something I would expect someone to randomly add to an RS200 in a different game...
i always do a good check before i do say something i said before. If you overlay the dirt version onto my version it is 100% the same to all the details. I doesn´t matter the livery came via a detour from dirt3 to rfactor to dirt rally. All i say have the courtesy to respect each other work, i also respect Codemasters work and other work made by livery creators.  It is an unwritten rule to ask permission to edit/redistribute work made by the community. If that is not possible anymore then the community will create a lot less new liveries and then we have a lot less fun with the game, what is a rally game without real life liveries. I know a few very good guys that stopped creating game stuff due to this. Imagine this, there are liveries i work on for 2 weeks, recreating the tiniest logos from the 70s, doing research to get an accurate car from all sides, this can take a lot of time. Codemasters can´t always create them due to cost or copyright or license but we can and that also benefits Codemasters games. My liveries also appear in GTA4, nobody ever ask me and the one that is doing it claims he made them, it is not nice. I know it happens and mostly the one who does it isn´t aware of what he is doing but some people duplicate every livery i create on the same day on their website telling   everybody they made it, that is not cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julo264 said:
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
I didnt copied you version from DiRT 3 it was conversion from Rfactor rallyworld 4.0. I'll delete linka but this is not your copied skin.Sorry i like your liverys and now i 'll be checking what skins you have done.Sory again

Thanks for deleting the links and you are forgiven :-) btw the livery probably came via dirt3 to rfactor to dirtrally, the livery is 100% the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Or French ;) http://arnorallyeskin.wix.com/arnorallye-skin#!peugeot/c1a2x

Bottom of the page ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
See other car brand on the menu for more. He made another 306, BMW, Ford Fiesta... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The link for Manta is still up. The question is though, what are we going to do with it? The milk has been spilled already, so to speak. HoonHead, are You going to make an "authorized" conversion for DR now? The Manta really needs some good historical repaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hunaud said:
Or French ;) http://arnorallyeskin.wix.com/arnorallye-skin#!peugeot/c1a2x

Bottom of the page ;)
Just installed it, looks awesome. Thanks for that :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoonhead said:
BrySkye said:
Julo264 said:
hoonhead said:
Julo264 said:
Love the Bastos Manta, great job sir.
Thanks

@Julo264 dude why are you accepting credits for the Bastos Manta. I checked it and you converted my DiRT3 version to DiRT Rally. At least have the courtesy and tell them that you converted it without my permission. People like you are the pest of the internet and the reason why i almost do not create new liveries anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself Julo264. I invested a lot of spare time for the community to create these cool liveries for free so you and everyone else can race/enjoy them for free. I did this all without asking anything in return, so at least respect the work i put into it. Do not just ´steal´ them and present them as your own, respect the work someone did for you and others. If you wanne use it for your own pleasure be my gast but do not upload it for the world, one word, disrespectful, i am disappointed in you.

Please be so kind and delete the files/links please, thank you.
I didnt copied you version from DiRT 3 it was conversion from Rfactor rallyworld 4.0. I'll delete linka but this is not your copied skin.Sorry i like your liverys and now i 'll be checking what skins you have done.Sory again

This could be a huge can of worms.
Firstly, did you make the original livery as in Rfactor Rally World 4.0, or have permission from whoever made those skins?
I noticed the Opel Works scheme for the Manta is also seen in Rfactor Rally World, so that's presumably another conversion.
As @hoonhead says, doing something for your own personal use is one thing, but distributing it, especially without permission, isn't acceptable.

The other question mark is the Opel Manta in Rfactor Rally World itself.
It's highly unlikely that different 3D models from different people would have similar texture mapping.
Typically a huge amount of work would be required to 'convert' textures from one persons model to another unless, well, the 3D model and how its textures are mapped is almost identical. You'd at least expect some degree of stretching or alignment issues.

If the DiRT3 textures fit the rFactor model so well, and could then in turn be put back into DiRT Rally, it's entirely possible the 3D model itself being used in rFactor is actually the Codemasters Opel Manta 3D model which somebody converted to another game and then distributing (which would be a huuuuge NOPE).
If that was the case, someone could have taken @hoonhead /Rallygamer's Bastos Manta and put it into Rfactor Rally World, which you subsequently put back into another DiRT game.
Even if it is in another game, it's unlikely someone could make their own Bastos Manta that is pixel accurate to another existing one, nevermind across different models.

EDIT1:
This isn't as outlandish as you might think. There's quite a few mods for games, including Shift 2: Unleashed, to put Forza Motorsport/Horizon cars into those games. Those mods actually require you to put the Forza 4/Horizon disc into your PC to validate you can use the model, though that's still not really valid in a legal sense.
I mention that because the Audi Quattro S1 in the video @Julo264 just posted looks an awful lot like the Forza 4 DLC model.

EDIT2:
Have a look at the Ford RS200 at 1:20
It actually has DiRT3 on the side, above the race number.
Uh oh... Not something I would expect someone to randomly add to an RS200 in a different game...
i always do a good check before i do say something i said before. If you overlay the dirt version onto my version it is 100% the same to all the details. I doesn´t matter the livery came via a detour from dirt3 to rfactor to dirt rally. All i say have the courtesy to respect each other work, i also respect Codemasters work and other work made by livery creators.  It is an unwritten rule to ask permission to edit/redistribute work made by the community. If that is not possible anymore then the community will create a lot less new liveries and then we have a lot less fun with the game, what is a rally game without real life liveries. I know a few very good guys that stopped creating game stuff due to this. Imagine this, there are liveries i work on for 2 weeks, recreating the tiniest logos from the 70s, doing research to get an accurate car from all sides, this can take a lot of time. Codemasters can´t always create them due to cost or copyright or license but we can and that also benefits Codemasters games. My liveries also appear in GTA4, nobody ever ask me and the one that is doing it claims he made them, it is not nice. I know it happens and mostly the one who does it isn´t aware of what he is doing but some people duplicate every livery i create on the same day on their website telling   everybody they made it, that is not cool.
Is... this directed at me?
My post was directed to @Julo264, the most recent person quoted in the chain.
I wanted to know if he was claiming to have made any of them for rFactor, or if they were all basically ports from that into DiRT Rally.
Because using someones work and re-distributing it without permission isn't considered acceptable in most modding communities and he needed to be made aware of that.

I was confirming and backing up everything you said @hoonhead, and I'm in complete agreement with you on every single point.
The further thing I was pointing out was that the rFactor mod has in fact stolen 3D models from the DiRT games which is how your skins are even compatible.
That does matter. This is Codemasters own forums after all.
It makes the issue revealed bigger than courtesy, respect and decency amongst modders.

I'm not exactly new or ignorant to any of this. I was involved in freeware and payware add-ons/modding for MS Flight Simulator over a decade ago. In MSFS, those rules actually are written down. God help you if you break them.
Yeah, I've been on the receiving end. I've had a payware developer take my freeware mod and put it on their website as their own creation, un-credited. That got resolved pretty quickly because, like I said, God help you in that community if you break those rules.
 Just because I'm from a long-standing modding background where it's accepted that what you do on your own PC for your own personal use is fine and up to you, that doesn't mean I think it's a free-for-all in any way or that there is no respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hunaud said:
There is a guy here : http://ameblo.jp/dirt23/entry-12045113694.html

;)
I best learn some Japanese
No need, he's been posting all his DiRT Rally liveries to racedepartmnet as hossy 0saka. :)
Basically, that Pug is 'in-progress'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hunaud said:
Or French ;) http://arnorallyeskin.wix.com/arnorallye-skin#!peugeot/c1a2x

Bottom of the page ;)
Here's a fun nerdy rally fact for you. The 306 livery in that link, is the same livery/car that was recorded for the audio for DiRT Rally!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×