F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Is there a quick guide that would explain how and where to install the custom files? Thanks. 
I hope Codie's supports custom liveries, @tailgunner57 this is the exact reason I made my post above, it's not very intuitive to add them and a bit of a hack to do

Is there a quick guide that would explain how and where to install the custom files? Thanks. 
you can find one in every download file i made for the game :-)

gfRally said:
I hope Codie's supports custom liveries, @tailgunner57 this is the exact reason I made my post above, it's not very intuitive to add them and a bit of a hack to do
it is quit simple just download a custom livery and place the files in the correct folder overwriting the original ones, my readme.txt files within the download explain it all even on which livery you have to choose ingame to get the custom livery.

hoonhead said:
you can find one in every download file i made for the game :-)
Yes, followed the readme file and that worked wonderfully but if I recall in dirt 3 there was a way to edit the database and add them rather than replacing? Thanks for your work, especially the impreza it's great.

Yes, followed the readme file and that worked wonderfully but if I recall in dirt 3 there was a way to edit the database and add them rather than replacing? Thanks for your work, especially the impreza it's great.
yeah that is sadly not possible anymore since i think grid 2, they protected the database.bin file so we cannot access it anymore. So we can only replace existing liveries.

Got it, thanks. Just finished up with the 95 impreza, it really helps the suspension of disbelief to have authentic liveries and not monster energy or some garbage. 

@hoonhead these are phenomenal, is this using Ryder's new tool? Anyway I can't want to get my hands on that Impreza, thanks a ton for your great work :smile: 

@hoonhead these are phenomenal, is this using Ryder's new tool? Anyway I can't want to get my hands on that Impreza, thanks a ton for your great work :smile: 

I just hope that Code master will give us a chance to put new liveries ourselves in the game in the upcoming versions...

Hey guys, I'm super busy so I won't be able to upload a new version soon, however, if you go to the texture you want to edit, and then switch over to the all tab, then you can erase the _srgb part of the texelFormat, and it should start working. For example dxt1_srgb to just dxt1

Ryder25 said:
Hey guys, I'm super busy so I won't be able to upload a new version soon, however, if you go to the texture you want to edit, and then switch over to the all tab, then you can erase the _srgb part of the texelFormat, and it should start working. For example dxt1_srgb to just dxt1

Thanks for the info, Petar! :)

hoonhead said:
@justbiglee is there a chance Codemasters can edit/update their DiRT Rally game in such way we can also edit/replace the livery select menu so when we have a new custom livery we can also match the menu with it. I think this is a huge thing for the modding community. 
The ability to add liveries with menu images would be even better because then you can keep the original liveries in the game so Codemasters cannot get into trouble with their paying ingame sponsors :-)
Well we don't officially support modding... yet. But in the future it's possible if enough people want it. While we don't have a problem with you guys doing stuff like this at the moment please just keep in mind that *if* down the line we change something that affects how you guys mod the game (or worse it messes your game up). We're not going to be able to offer any support, you may have to try and sort it yourself or worse wipe your game install and start again.

Thats just a caution, like I said we're ok with it but in the unlikely event we have to change something you might get screwed over (because we've no way of knowing what you've changed in your version of the game). So just keep that in mind.

That said I think its awesome we've already got a modding community on the go. If you want Steam Workshop support you need to really shout at us about it and let us know :)

hoonhead said:
... If you want Steam Workshop support you need to really shout at us about it and let us know :)
That would be the best solution I think, easy installation of mods for the users, and still detailed customization for the modders. As long as there are no rules or laws that force you to make sure there are no brands or whatever uploaded into the Workshop (Lancia Martini, Subaru 555 etc.)

Well I think steam workshop is good if it's highly curated, I've seen some games that I like open up steam workshop and someone puts a xwing in a flight sim... Like the first mod anyone puts up is an xwing , why is it always an xwing?  :)

seriously though, maybe keep it for liveries only

This has happened before, so, before the drama starts:

"If you see a livery that looks the same as Hoon's or Mesa, etc, AND appears like they've stolen then claimed credit for it, please report it."

Hey all, converted the best historic rally liveries i made for DiRT3 for the game DiRT Rally.

DiRT Rally - Historic Rally Pack

You can download the custom livery here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally/liveries/page1.html

hoonhead said:
Hey all, converted the best historic rally liveries i made for DiRT3 for the game DiRT Rally. hoon
Is there anything needed to convert D3 liveries? I'd like to port a couple of mine over. I did look at your instructions on your site but it appeared to be the same process/file formats.

Well we don't officially support modding... yet. But in the future it's possible if enough people want it.
Lee - if Codies were able to make it possible to have the custom liveries displayed in the livery selection screen, it really would make a massive difference :)

Ginginho said:
Well we don't officially support modding... yet. But in the future it's possible if enough people want it.
Lee - if Codies were able to make it possible to have the custom liveries displayed in the livery selection screen, it really would make a massive difference :)
AHA! Thats why I couldn't see the custom liveries I D/L from hoonhead in the selection screen, so how can you tell if you have the custom livery selected?

Mick. :) 

That said I think its awesome we've already got a modding community on the go. If you want Steam Workshop support you need to really shout at us about it and let us know :)
 If you can make sure that we can add liveries and not replace them, i'm all up for it.

Just one thing : do not make the error that both Bethesda and Valve made last week

Well we don't officially support modding... yet. But in the future it's possible if enough people want it. (...)
(...) If you want Steam Workshop support you need to really shout at us about it and let us know :)
@justbiglee - so I'am letting you know, too! :)

However - I am aware of fact that modding may be dangerous for people who using mods, now when game is still in development, so I am also understand that Workshop may be opened only after release of final version (or just before - when game will be in final stage of development, and it won't be changing so drastically with upcoming updates).

I am also sure that you are aware of fact that this type of games (simulators) is mostly based on their modding communities (just like RBR, which after 10 years is still constantly expanded by people who making for it new cars, tracks, better physics, visual mods, etc.).
But what about situation which @gfRally refers to? If it will be possible to add new cars and tracks, and eventual possibility of using them for playing online with other players who also have them? I thought about it since my first visit at dirtgame.com, and I have one conclusion how it should be moderated. In my opinion if modders are part of community, and their creations are made for community, then best way for it will be to give community possibility to vote which more advanced mods (like cars or tracks) should be supported to play online - this would give certainty that only good quality mods would be able to reach wider audience, and keep game high standards.

Ok - I am a little bit too much deamily now, about this new cars and tracks thing - for start possibility to add new liveries still would be awesome!

But that is only my opinion about it, and I am sure that if you start support for modding, you will make it in the best possible way :)