Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Recommended Posts

Steam Workshop support would be insanely great. Providing a stage editor of some kind coupled with Steam workshop support allowing players to download and vs each other on community created tracks, would really knock RBR off its throne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The link to japanese site on previous page has a Quattro livery as the one above. Have been using it since saturday. It's pretty good, but I'm curious how kure's repaint will compare to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, JellyDriver, you make me sad with that info about Japanese web:) But as I was creator of real liveries for Richard Burns Rally I give it a try here and here is my result - http://kure91.blog.cz/1505/new-skin-quattro-sport-rohrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I created a Codies Tribute livery, so to speak, for DiRT Rally and DiRT 3... Replicas aren't my strong suit but I do enjoy coming up with original designs, even though this seems rather minimalist, I tried busier paint jobs and it was all too distracting. 



Download is here for Rally: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q66q9m6pr158/%5BDiRT_Rally_Codemasters_555%5D_livery_44

and here for 3: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y4l9k3nbcbf3a/%5BDiRT_3_Codemasters_555%5D_livery_04

Or you can check out my newly-created website which I have barely anything on but I needed a break from studying, so I threw it together: 
www.dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com

Hope people like it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kure91 said:
Well, JellyDriver, you make me sad with that info about Japanese web:) But as I was creator of real liveries for Richard Burns Rally I give it a try here and here is my result - http://kure91.blog.cz/1505/new-skin-quattro-sport-rohrl

His repaint represents a car from San Remo Rally, Yours is Monte Carlo, with all five files redone (compared to his only one), and probably higher resolution (judging from surprisingly big tex_high_00 file size). All and all, I'll switch to Yours :D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miki Biasion Checkstar Lancia Integrale Evoluzione 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
As always some outstanding work from the modding crowd keep it up people :)

Just had an idea, (either that or I got a knock to the head...), As the game is in early access and is still a work in progress, I would love for there to be a way to see some of these custom liveries created by the modding crowd to be permanently added to the finished game for all to access and to get their name added to the credits.

Subject to any copyright/trademark owners rights, permissions and approval of course.

Good idea or not? Anyone have any thought on this????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As always some outstanding work from the modding crowd keep it up people :)

Just had an idea, (either that or I got a knock to the head...), As the game is in early access and is still a work in progress, I would love for there to be a way to see some of these custom liveries created by the modding crowd to be permanently added to the finished game for all to access and to get their name added to the credits.

Subject to any copyright/trademark owners rights, permissions and approval of course.

Good idea or not? Anyone have any thought on this????
Good idea.
I already know what the feelings when you can find your name is going up in the Credit list ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't quite understand this idea. From CM point of view, they cannot implement these liveries to the commercial product without instant reaction form livery copyright holders, so I don't really see that happening. CM would have to pay the fees, which isn't different from officially developing the same liveries themselves. What's the point of the idea, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't quite understand this idea. From CM point of view, they cannot implement these liveries to the commercial product without instant reaction form livery copyright holders, so I don't really see that happening. CM would have to pay the fees, which isn't different from officially developing the same liveries themselves. What's the point of the idea, then?
It's so the modders can express themselves by creating something and seeing the finish product on a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here's a little something I've been working on. Nothing compared to the pros, and I do realise that covering the lights is illegal, but this is a game, so....

Album: http://imgur.com/a/iORol

Samples:











Higher Quality Pics + Video whenever I get time/back on my main PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm actually 80-90% into a Colin McRae '95 Impreza skin (real native 4096x4096) and I'm at the point that I should check how it's rendering into the game. Back in the RBR days was easy with the camera hack tool, but now with DR I'm feeling quite handicapped. Do I need to finish a whole stage and play with the replay or there's a faster/easy way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meerkat80 said:
I'm actually 80-90% into a Colin McRae '95 Impreza skin (real native 4096x4096) and I'm at the point that I should check how it's rendering into the game. Back in the RBR days was easy with the camera hack tool, but now with DR I'm feeling quite handicapped. Do I need to finish a whole stage and play with the replay or there's a faster/easy way?
Honestly what I just did with mine so far was save a copy as a smaller version and put it in DiRT3, because then you can look at the whole car at once and figure out if everything works, and if it doesn't, you can just reimport the pssg and reload the car, without having to quit the game and restart. I don't think there's any quicker way to do it unfortunately :neutral: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anths95 said:
meerkat80 said:
I'm actually 80-90% into a Colin McRae '95 Impreza skin (real native 4096x4096) and I'm at the point that I should check how it's rendering into the game. Back in the RBR days was easy with the camera hack tool, but now with DR I'm feeling quite handicapped. Do I need to finish a whole stage and play with the replay or there's a faster/easy way?
Honestly what I just did with mine so far was save a copy as a smaller version and put it in DiRT3, because then you can look at the whole car at once and figure out if everything works, and if it doesn't, you can just reimport the pssg and reload the car, without having to quit the game and restart. I don't think there's any quicker way to do it unfortunately :neutral: 

Brilliant. It works, thanks. Actually you don't even need to scale the DDS to 2048. Dirt 3 accepted the native 4096 without problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meerkat80 said:
Anths95 said:
meerkat80 said:
I'm actually 80-90% into a Colin McRae '95 Impreza skin (real native 4096x4096) and I'm at the point that I should check how it's rendering into the game. Back in the RBR days was easy with the camera hack tool, but now with DR I'm feeling quite handicapped. Do I need to finish a whole stage and play with the replay or there's a faster/easy way?
Honestly what I just did with mine so far was save a copy as a smaller version and put it in DiRT3, because then you can look at the whole car at once and figure out if everything works, and if it doesn't, you can just reimport the pssg and reload the car, without having to quit the game and restart. I don't think there's any quicker way to do it unfortunately :neutral: 

Brilliant. It works, thanks. Actually you don't even need to scale the DDS to 2048. Dirt 3 accepted the native 4096 without problems.
Ah, great! Thanks for the tip on the resolution, that'll save me a lot of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anths95, great tip, I tryed it when making my new livery and it worked really well and it was much more better that trying to see desired part in DiRT Rally replay video:) And since I´m talking about skin, if anyone is interested, here you can find my favourite Escort RS Cosworth livery of Malcolm Wilson from Perth Scottish Rally 1994. http://kure91.blog.cz/1505/new-skin-escort-rs-cosworth-wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
close up free cam would be nice for videos and screenshot taking.

custom livery car skin without having to alter files would also be amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My first skin for Dirt Rally. It's a fictional livery based on the 037. I think it fits the Stratos pretty well.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi there. This is a shot the actual Impreza Group A 1995 I've been working on the last week.
It's based on the 95 Wales Rally and it's of course drive by McRae.

It's a native 4096 texture, not a rip, done just for Dirt Rally and I spent a very long time checking proportions, allignment, colors and everything. I know some of you appreciate this kind of thing. I started from this one because I've skinned so many Imprezas on RBR working directly with modelers (I was nicknamed rivers at the time, working with eddy3spain and JRodriguez), but ironically I couldn't use practically anything from my old library. So here it is: my first DR skin.

My not the 555? Because I've got much more reference pictures from the "censored" version, and judging by the tedious time spent making the right allignment on the hood vents, this will probably remain my only 95 Impreza for a while.

The only thing left at this point is the thermal lining in the rear window (don't know how it is called), and very minor stuff on the bumper. I'll post a "beta" very soon. Cheers.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@kure91 - glad I could actually help someone :smile: 

@meerkat80 - wow that's a phenomenal looking livery right there. Can't wait to drive that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anths95 said:
@kure91 - glad I could actually help someone :smile: 

@meerkat80 - wow that's a phenomenal looking livery right there. Can't wait to drive that one. 
Can't wait for them to add liveries to steam workshop.  @meerkat80 @kure91 you guys are doing phenomenal work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×