Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

So, this is something that I feel Codies should comment on pretty fast - conversions from DiRT 3...

Peugeot 205 T16 Evolution 2
class: Group B
year: 1985
driver/copilot: Timo Salonen/Seppo Harjanne 
release 1
replace livery 41 (empty white car)

Features:
-accurate reproduction of the Evolution 2 used in 1985 and 1986 seasons;
-sponsor configuration from the Timo Salonen 1985 version (group B world champion 1985)
-main texture: rivets, skirt, bolts and other small parts;
-rare logos, some made from scratch (like the impossible to find Peugeot text which was different from any other official Peugeot logos, recreated with the correct vintage font and the same wrong letter spacing; also the vintage Aerospatiale logo, 205 Turbo badge and Speedline);
-glass: full riveted windows and side vent/opening, non transparent parts (side & back) sun screen;
-specular: lowered reflections on parts and body; corrected alpha (grille lighter and logo more visible);
-lights: corrected saturation;
-ONLY high resolution .PSSG package

by meerkat80

download @ Race Department:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/peugeot-205-t16-evo-2-group-b-salonen.6338/
mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/65hlkkm160ejnn4/Peugeot-206-T16-Evo2-1985-Timo-Salonen-meerkat80.zip

Myrvold said:
So, this is something that I feel Codies should comment on pretty fast - conversions from DiRT 3...
Model cars from the Dirt Rally ported from Dirt 3. They have no new car is not presented in the game.

Expant said:
Myrvold said:
Model cars from the Dirt Rally ported from Dirt 3. They have no new car is not presented in the game.
uhm, Sorry, but didn't quite understand what you meant there...

Myrvold said:
Expant said:
Myrvold said:
Means that Codemasters haven't got any newer model cars in DiRT rally instead their using cars that are in DiRT 3.

Myrvold said:
Expant said:
Myrvold said:
Means that Codemasters haven't got any newer model cars in DiRT rally instead their using cars that are in DiRT 3.
No new cars yet (hopefully) :)
Any advice on where to start, if I wanted to make liveries for DiRT? I have made a lot of skins for Live for Speed, there it's quite easy. Make a skin using a template and put it in the skins folder, but how does it work for DiRT? 

Didzis said:
No new cars yet (hopefully) :)
Any advice on where to start, if I wanted to make liveries for DiRT? I have made a lot of skins for Live for Speed, there it's quite easy. Make a skin using a template and put it in the skins folder, but how does it work for DiRT? 
The process it's exactly like Dirt 3. Check this tutorial (didn't read it, I just googled it) and use the PSSG extractor from this page.

I made a Tumblr where I'll be posting updates about skin projects and other stuff related to DR. Inside there's a link for the proper Impreza 555 livery.
Just moved to Wordpress, because I needed a better interface for comments: https://rallymeerkat.wordpress.com/

Pretty impressive how much stuff actually works when you convert a car from GRID Autosport to this game. Even the active aero on the Huayra and the twisting engine on the Veyron are all functional.

Interestingly enough, they all have functional wipers that suddenly become active when they meet the rain in DiRT.

I've got a video here of both that and the working sounds on the stock C63 AMG. Just bear in mind that it still performs like a Peugeot 405.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBy-xqV2fjA&feature=youtu.be

????  help what is the name of the file for the body of the car ford fiesta in folder ffr ????
want to make a special skin, got the tools from above, hope someone can help me

thx

The Admiester great job, well done. Could you convert 1991 Nissan Skyline or Ford Mustang Boss 302 or Subaru BRZ, or anything which could be  rally car? ;)

mesa said:
The Admiester great job, well done. Could you convert 1991 Nissan Skyline or Ford Mustang Boss 302 or Subaru BRZ, or anything which could be  rally car? ;)

while I don't want to see crazy cars like the Veyron in the game.

I would like to see some of these 'types' of cars that have real world rally equivalents in the game.  

My first thought of seeing the Mustang made me cringe as I have witnessed one of these trying to compete in a gravel rally here in the US, they where laughed at a lot.  Not like "Hey can't believe they brought that and are competing, thats great"  it was more "what idiot would do that, and looks it performs awful!" 

However, put a Mustang on Pikes Peak: 

And that is not only realistic, but really expands what can be offered in hillclimb.

On the other hand the BRZ was mentioned, and that has proven with the right upgrades that its a pretty good 2wd rally car (BTW love the livery!):

So maybe Codemasters could be pressured to port some existing licenses and cars that are already done in GRID2 and GRID Autosport.  I am sure physics would need to be brought up and but sourcing the audio for these has got to be very easy since they are not uncommon in UK.  

Anyhow, maybe someone would like to put this into suggestion box, I will fully support it as long as its done in a realistic manner with appropriate liveries and setups.

gfRally said:

So maybe Codemasters could be pressured to port some existing licenses and cars that are already done in GRID2 and GRID Autosport.  
Cars can be ported, licenses can't. You have to go through the process from scratch, costs and all.
We've already seen the limitations of that as Audi did allow different liveries on the two versions of the Quattro in DiRT3, but in DiRT Rally one of their license conditions is that only the one approved official livery can be used.

Really curious to see how BMW 320TC or Dallara F312 will perform on Pikes Peak.