Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirt rally DLC early and after...

i read from codemasters blog faq:

"OK so how much does that extra stuff cost me?

Not a penny, regardless of when you join us for Early Access you’ll have access to all of our updates and all of the content we add during our Early Access period at no extra charge."

My point is:

- inside a "under development" game where is allowed the access at payment, is not wrong talk about extra content ? i mean the game is not complete yet, you CM make pay for early access to uncompleted stuff, but i still can find something is considered an extra ? what is the difference with DLC at day 1 ?? i tell you, you just introduced DLC with minus sign days.

So until we support development and pay is all okay, but we must be ready to the after release date, where extra content and DLC will still sold to people who supported the game with money before the release  !! 

i find this unfair and disadvantageous, personally i think the cm policy about extra content and dlc is wrong. I would like to see all the extra dlc after and before the release date given by free to who support early steps of development, and not a thing you will forget as early as possible when game will be released.

I think you didn't understand everything. That just means every update will be totally free.

you cannot think "extra stuff" is meant to be missing pieces of game, you already payed for that... is early access or not ?
for me extra stuff, is extra content... dlc !! 

It means all updates until the game is complete will be free. What is confirmed so far is pikes peak, Tarmac and gravel versions, Germany, and rallycross, with the possibility of more to come as developement progresses. I've seen the three which are listed, and they are looking very good :)

Well I don't know about that but if they release content after the release there's obviously a chance it won't be free. When you buy the early access you get free (well you actually paid 23€) access to everything that is added during the early access and that's it.

"content we add during our Early Access period at no extra Charge"

it says all!

DLC after Release isn´t free!

This is normal i think! - And ok!

ah LOL if is normal for you okay,
so what is the point to support the development ? nothing extra bonus, nothing dlc for free after release...
is just about pay for being a beta tester ?? is not for me, no thanks cm. :)
is all clear now, thx guys.

Well you get to test the game before everybody else, you get a discount on the game and you actually get an exclusive livery too, even if it's not a big thing.

Seems to me this guy would rather wait for the full release, paying more money for the game and extra content, he could've had for free if he bought early access, and pay for DLC on top. Go figure!

Seems to me this guy would rather wait for the full release, paying more money for the game and extra content, he could've had for free if he bought early access, and pay for DLC on top. Go figure!
ah i never said that, u are right only if u buy full release at day1, and add all dlc.
I will buy this game at the first 75% off on steam (2months after release most of the time). Without any dlc. okay.
I thought was some special treatment for who support the company, you just pay less the early access because is that the game worth (because is not completed!! is not a special discount). Is not a deal, at least for me. Happy for you btw.

Yeh that is a slight worry for me. At any point Codemasters could just say "game is now fully released and out of early access" and charge for any content after that

If you take a look at the timeline on the main Dirt website, you can see that they have 8 months of updates planned for Early Access. This includes new cars, new tracks, new race types, and PVP. I can't see Codemasters releasing this game without PVP and that's not for 5-6 months, near the end of their future updates.

So I think you really need to stop with this, 'they're going to screw us over' attitude. Especially when it's based off nothing and only the second morning of Early Access... Little early for conspiracies eh?

u still miss the point, this 8 months of updates are the path for the final release, is nothing you will have more than other at day1, except the full price at release. My opinion everything u say is right,the only problem is the start point, the game is a beta and what you call updates is something will be included into final release. I just ask for who join "early access" something more, like all dlc for free after the release date !
I'm not going with conspiracy theory, i just not find this early access convenient. U got my point of view ? tell me if i'm wrong, and instead this updates will be optional at final release and at payment for who not join the early access.

u still miss the point, this 8 months of updates are the path for the final release, is nothing you will have more than other at day1, except the full price at release.
It's you who are missing the point.
The "convenience" you're not seeing is the months of fun the rest of us are going to have, before the game officially releases, that you will miss out on.

The people I race with put up a league yesterday, on day one, before any of us had even played the game.
We will now get 10 months of playing the game, having our own league challenges, and eventually months of multiplayer racing together, all before you ever experience any of that.
That's well worth the $32 it cost me.

£23 and input into the game steered by what the community wants or wait for months and pay full price for something you haven't played or been involved in? I know which one I will take and my money has talked, I have waited for too many games until release and pre ordered others and have been disappointed with them and they have not been fixed and died a death COD for instance.

Regardless of whether the DLC is free or not it makes no difference you are paying half price for a game that will be finished and cost twice the price and you may or may not like it, as it stands at the moment I have had more enjoyment out of 6 hours gameplay than I have had out of full priced games that I have literally played for less hours than this.

Who says there will be dlc when the early access is over anyway?
Exactly, it could be the full game, also no-one is forcing anyone to buy DLC it's an option and if there is DLC I won't buy it until all of our players get it otherwise it will fragment the gameplay, even then I will buy it on a flash sale.

Even with no online play at the moment my mates and I are having a blast setting up stages with the same weather conditions to try and beat each others times, it's hardcore fun ;-)

Guys just to clear something up, we're not even thinking about DLC at the moment. If we do decide to do anything like that in the future you can be sure that it is a conversation we will have with you before deciding to do anything.

For now we just want to finish our game.