DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Why does drt rally 2.0 need to be online why need to be download for 15 hours on PS4

You got freeplay what you can do offline. So WRX championship or Custom (own created championship or single event or single stage) or time trail. 

The download is just one time in a long time to install the latest patches and content.

Without online you can't play the My Team events, clubs and online custom events.

I don't know if it is the first install you do, but that it can take a long time indeed, because it do all the patches as well. After that the patches should take less time.

Okay thanks I understand not sure why download speeds are horrible in your games I play.Not sure it required for me to download update patch and wait for a long time to play the game.I thought this game suppose to be a very long career mode.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, Ellerkermike45 said:

Not sure it required for me to download update patch and wait for a long time to play the game

If the DL speed on the PS4 is low it helps to pause the DL and restart th DL, sometimes it needs the PS4 to be restarted to get full DL speed. 

On 8/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, Ellerkermike45 said:

Okay thanks I understand not sure why download speeds are horrible in your games I play.Not sure it required for me to download update patch and wait for a long time to play the game.I thought this game suppose to be a very long career mode.

First of all, i am not from Codemasters,.

Download speeds has nothing to do with the game. It might be your network or PS4.

If you not update it than you not have the extra content, have more bugs, can't be online with the game, etc.

The career is part of "MY TEAM" and that needs an internet connection (CM uses it for balancing). Career is unlimited (= long long long).

• Disagree 1

Not sure why it takes 15 hours fully download and not sure it has to the size of the offline career mode need to be online.This is my oet peeve for an game that need to be offline only but not online only.

My download speeds has been improve and now I can play this game.Is this all career mode event I get and how many total events are there.Trophies/achievement are very hard to unlocked.