Dirt Rally 2 Co Driver comments at end of stages

Posted (edited)

Please add some other co-driver comments at the end of each rally stage so they reflect how the stage went. It's annoying to hear "That stage was tough but it felt fast" after every stage regardless of whether you had a good stage or not.

Edited by Stingray50
Change to title
  • Agree 7

Yeah agree. While there are more than one depending on our performance, those sound very generic and irritating therefore. And option would be great.

Agree, specialy in spanish co driver, always same cooment after stage, a few wrong corners, but so much missing information about dangerous situations specially on fastest stages where also loose the time and advice corners when you are already in.

Me: Spins loads, crashes plenty, runs out of spare tyres halfway through the stage, rear bodywork is nonexistent, taken a disgustingly long time to finish the stage.

Phil: "That felt fast."

cqjck3gjf8h31.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

I think that sums up the ridiculousnes of these comments! Please record some more and make them actually representative of how the stage went or give us the option to remove them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

Would a community recorded pack be out of the question? Variety of accents would be fun, and minimal effort required on development side. I'm sure there's a script containing all the calls.

Hell I'd pay money for a kiwi co-driver just to hear "Unseen hearpun lift after crist!".

I'll volunteer to do an Aussie one in the style of Russell Crowe:

"ken oath mate.. need a drink after that shocker"

"P***** that one in, they don't stand a chance" 

"pull over ya silly c***, back left tyre is f*****" - .. maybe a little too realistic 😂

Edited by SquirrelEsquire
  • Haha 1

ya just a bunch more would be great, especially ones related to big crashes, respawns and punctures

this was better in D4 somehow.

Edited by ianism

On 8/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, hermanyakes said:

Agree, specialy in spanish co driver, always same cooment after stage, a few wrong corners, but so much missing information about dangerous situations specially on fastest stages where also loose the time and advice corners when you are already in.

They really simplified the living hell out of the co-driver, it's nothing more than pandering to the lowest common denominator / mega-noob. The notes pale in comparison to Dirt Rally. Even the new WRC8 game has better notes!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, deadredeyes said:

They really simplified the living hell out of the co-driver, it's nothing more than pandering to the lowest common denominator / mega-noob. The notes pale in comparison to Dirt Rally. Even the new WRC8 game has better notes!

I don't think that's true at all, the notes are fantastic in this game (the English ones anyway), really detailed and informative.  The only thing I don't like about them is the comment at the end of each stage.

• Disagree 4

2 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

I don't think that's true at all, the notes are fantastic in this game (the English ones anyway), really detailed and informative.  The only thing I don't like about them is the comment at the end of each stage.

Yes, it IS true. The notes are not fantastic, both in English and German and FAR from detailed and informative.

Too many 1 Right (or Left) Tightens that are nothing more than hairpins, uses the term "caution" but never explains what to be cautious of, mentions of long turns that are not long at all, mentions "keep in" before jumps which should be called "6 over crest". No use at all of the very commonly used terms: plus, minus, kinks, off camber, care, grip, double caution, triple caution, and oversquare. It's missing "be brave" and "acute" from DR. Severe lack of use of the terms: braking, caution, slow, slippy, and flat out.

I can keep going, because for a so-called sim the pacenotes are abysmal and are nothing like the real world terminology used in current races. They are nothing more than simplified versions of pace notes. 

Edited by deadredeyes
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, deadredeyes said:

Yes, it IS true. The notes are not fantastic, both in English and German and FAR from detailed and informative.

Too many 1 Right (or Left) Tightens that are nothing more than hairpins, uses the term "caution" but never explains what to be cautious of, mentions of long turns that are not long at all, mentions "keep in" before jumps which should be called "6 over crest". No use at all of the very commonly used terms: plus, minus, kinks, off camber, care, grip, double caution, triple caution, and oversquare. It's missing "be brave" and "acute" from DR. Severe lack of use of the terms: braking, caution, slow, slippy, and flat out.

I can keep going, because for a so-called sim the pacenotes are abysmal and are nothing like the real world terminology used in current races. They are nothing more than simplified versions of pace notes. 

for me they're fine, but they would heavily benefit from what you said. I played a lot of Dirt 4 (less of DR1) and they were generally a bit more detailed - even though it was all procedurally generated!

• Agree 2

They get repetitive really quick, and also some of them are so random it's unintentional comedy. "I hope the tires are okay" he says after a puncture. "Do you want to make setup changes at the next service?" He says when there are no service left. Clearly not a very well implemented feature, an option to turn them off would be nice

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, SharkyOB said:

the notes are fantastic in this game, really detailed and informative.

Are you talking about Dirt Rally? Then agreed. 🙂

Honestly, Dirt Rally 2.0 pacenotes are worst than in any Dirt games released ever. And agreed, WRC 8 has a better co-driver pacenotes, which is detailed well and enough informative

And yes, agree with you, should be enough a radio button in audio menu to switch off completely all the co-driver comments after a stage 😉

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, HoksuHoo said:

They get repetitive really quick, and also some of them are so random it's unintentional comedy. "I hope the tires are okay" he says after a puncture. "Do you want to make setup changes at the next service?" He says when there are no service left. Clearly not a very well implemented feature, an option to turn them off would be nice

Exactly. These annoying little "features" makes this game laughable ...

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 20 seconds before submitting.

Yes, the reactions after a stage are a laugh, as the lines that were wrote above, next service when rally ended, but also the one saying we have some spare time left to do setup changes while you can't do that between stages without service

I like Phil's positive outlook. You roll the car, mess up the engine, puncture a tire and knock off most of the bodywork against a rock. However Phil, ever the hero, thinks it went great.

We should all learn from Phil.

Edited by Gregow
  • Like 2