DLC Content for Oculus Store Version

Can this be released asap please?  It seems unnecessary to hold it back when it's already out on other platforms, and when some of us (me included), have already been playing it for some time.  I'm absolutely loving this game in VR, but more content/variety is never a bad thing.

Also, what are the plans season pass wise for the Oculus version?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am so much in the same boat as you. It is preposterous that we have had paid even more than the others on Steam and we received a crippled game with NO multiplayer (I did not manage to find anybody in the "Find a game". Never. Ever.) and no DLCs. Why are we treated as B series customers ? I have no idea really ....

Edited by koog2003

We're still discussing the plans for Oculus post-release content.

Nothing to announce right now but we'll share more info when the time comes.

Hi @PJTierney

You're still discussing it but it's definitely coming?  The silence on this and lack of updates in the Roadbook is making me a bit nervous tbh!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, SharkyOB said:

Hi @PJTierney

You're still discussing it but it's definitely coming?  The silence on this and lack of updates in the Roadbook is making me a bit nervous tbh!

It is not coming man. 

It is really a shame.

I can't see any confirmation that it definitely isn't coming in that thread you linked. I'll wait for word from codemasters themselves before jumping to conclusions. I'll hope it's just pricing structures/release dates they're discussing for now.

12 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

I can't see any confirmation that it definitely isn't coming in that thread you linked. I'll wait for word from codemasters themselves before jumping to conclusions. I'll hope it's just pricing structures/release dates they're discussing for now.

Sure sure. Let's wait forever.

It seems insane not to release this stuff, aren't we downloading it all in the patches?  The one I downloaded last night was huge, so I think it's the same one Steam users are getting, which includes the files for the new cars/tracks.  Just let us pay for and unlock the content!

9 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

It seems insane not to release this stuff, aren't we downloading it all in the patches?  The one I downloaded last night was huge, so I think it's the same one Steam users are getting, which includes the files for the new cars/tracks.  Just let us pay for and unlock the content!

I am willing to pay too for the extra content I dont care but give it to us ! It is preposterous and nonsense. Why isnt Codemasters just allowing Oculus users to have it ? What is the problem exactly ? You already have it available for Steam .... 

Edited by koog2003

Absolutely crazy.  I never really get upset with game companies, but this is really annoying.  All of us on the Oculus version have 80gb clogging up our hard drives, 30gb of which is the dlc, yet we aren't allowed to play it.  Only Codemasters could cause such bad will towards such an amazing game.  

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

Absolutely crazy.  I never really get upset with game companies, but this is really annoying.  All of us on the Oculus version have 80gb clogging up our hard drives, 30gb of which is the dlc, yet we aren't allowed to play it.  Only Codemasters could cause such bad will towards such an amazing game.  

It is madness, very unprofessional and unfair. The only "reason" I might think about is that they dont know how to sell the DLCs on the Oculus Home platform. Either they are not ready or Facebook is not ready. But this is NOT an excuse at all ! They had years for planning this. Just ridiculous. They made a game that is absolutely amazing. A real masterpiece and then they screwed up the customers .... nonsense

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

Another Roadbook, another week of complete silence on this 🤬

It's not coming 😭

Such an awful choice for VR players, useless Steam version which constantly stutters and causes motion sickness but has the dlc/world series, or lovely smooth Oculus version without either of those things.  Terrible, inconsistent, baffling VR implementation.

Edited by SharkyOB

On 9/13/2019 at 1:27 PM, SharkyOB said:

Another Roadbook, another week of complete silence on this 🤬

It's not coming 😭

Such an awful choice for VR players, useless Steam version which constantly stutters and causes motion sickness but has the dlc/world series, or lovely smooth Oculus version without either of those things.  Terrible, inconsistent, baffling VR implementation.

A guy is claiming he managed to have all the DLCs available on the Oculus Home version simply buying following the link of the advertisement that appeared to him in game .......

@PJTierney is he lying ? Is that possible ?

I’ll investigate since we haven’t formally announced DLC plans for Oculus yet.

@PJTierney

Can you please just let us pay for and play the content?

Just read the other thread, can you at least confirm it's definitely coming?  That's all I want to know really, I don't mind waiting as long as I know I'll be able to access it eventually.

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Like 1

I am comparing the Steam version and the Oculus one. I thought I could somehow figure out a way to use the Steam DLCs with the Oculus version but it looks a lot more complicated than what I thought.

Instant response (on a Sunday too) when someone might be getting something for free, but genuine customers are ignored when all they're asking for is confirmation that the dlc will be released eventually. I'm glad the company I work for don't treat customers like this. 

Also, what's the point of this suggestions area? Seems to be a place where ideas go to die. 

It is a total shame. If the company I work for would treat its customers the way Codemasters does we would be bankrupted already. It is preposterous. Pardon my french but what is the god damn problem in giving us a date ??

27 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Pardon my french but what is the god damn problem in giving us a date ??

The VR versions of DR2.0 is made by a third party company and the Oculus build is most likely a bit different from the Steam one. Lack of resources most likely mean that it's hard to even estimate when something could come out... if anything will ever come out.

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The VR versions of DR2.0 is made by a third party company and the Oculus build is most likely a bit different from the Steam one. Lack of resources most likely mean that it's hard to even estimate when something could come out... if anything will ever come out.

And so what ? This is not our problem man ! We have paid a lot more than the others and we dont have the DLCs and we dont have the cross play multiplayer. I dont give a flipping **** if the VR version has been developed by a third party company. It is not our problem as customers. We bought it from Codemasters so Codemasters only is legally responsible. 

4 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

And so what ? This is not our problem man ! We have paid a lot more than the others and we dont have the DLCs and we dont have the cross play multiplayer. I dont give a flipping **** if the VR version has been developed by a third party company. It is not our problem as customers. We bought it from Codemasters so Codemasters only is legally responsible. 

As far as I know, you paid the exact same amount for the game as those people who don't have the DLCs either, as both games' base price is 54.99€ on PC? Only those who bought the PCDVD version get the game cheaper than others.

• Confused 1

@SharkyOB would you mind explaining this guy how things are ? I say that cause I am too angry and I dont want to turn to insulting. Thanks man.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UP100 said:

As far as I know, you paid the exact same amount for the game as those people who don't have the DLCs either, as both games' base price is 54.99€ on PC? Only those who bought the PCDVD version get the game cheaper than others.

It's nothing to do with getting the game cheaper. If we could pay for the DLC we would.  The issue is that, despite downloading the dlc as part of the patches, Oculus users have no way to pay for and play it. We also have no access to the world series. So VR users have 2 options, play the badly running Steam version with the content, or play the super smooth Oculus version where it's missing. Codemasters also will not confirm that the DLC is ever coming, which is extremely frustrating. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much @SharkyOB. I could not explain it better. I am willing to pay extra I dont care about the money. This because the game is awesome and the Oculus version works perfectly smooth and it is definitely worth it paying extra. The problem is we dont even have the chance to buy it ! We want to pay no problem but give us the damn chance to buy and download the DLCs !

• Like 1