DLC Content for Oculus Store Version

6 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

It's nothing to do with getting the game cheaper. If we could pay for the DLC we would.  The issue is that, despite downloading the dlc as part of the patches, Oculus users have no way to pay for and play it. We also have no access to the world series. So VR users have 2 options, play the badly running Steam version with the content, or play the super smooth Oculus version where it's missing. Codemasters also will not confirm that the DLC is ever coming, which is extremely frustrating. 

Well I'm not arguing about that, but only pointing out that as far as I know "Wehave paid a lot more than the others" is not true.

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well I'm not arguing about that, but only pointing out that as far as I know "Wehave paid a lot more than the others" is not true.

Ok ok I might have been wrong about paying more (I did not check the actual price on Steam) but regarding all the rest I am totally not. The Steam version works horribly with Oculus but comes with all the content we want so much to have, the Oculus version works great but does not have the DLCs .....

The most awful thing is that Codemasters advertises the Steam version as supporting Oculus ... which is totally not ! Isnt it commercially illegal to make false advertisements ? 

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 11.52.51 AM.png

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

I actually own both versions so I'm able to compare the two. With exactly the same settings, the steam version is an absolute dog, constant terrible stuttering while the oculus version runs perfectly. Such a bad situation and every time I see a post from codemasters saying 'have you driven Greece yet?' It feels like a kick in the teeth. Rally games are my favourite games, and dirt rally is the best of them; this is leaving such a bad taste in the mouth though. 

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I've added a plea onto facebook groups for support from other Oculus users on this.  The two of us raising the issue is clearly being ignored, so hopefully we can get some strength in numbers.

• Agree 1

You are right. We are clearly completely ignored and this adds to the frustration and to the unprofessionalism of Codemasters. I dont have facebook (and I dont use any other social media) so I am really sorry I will not be able to help with that 😞 
The more people complaining the more visibility we have. It is ABSURD that we have to arrive at this level, really insanity ! 
I am actually very sad that the game is good and we have to stick with them in order. to play our favorite kind of game. They dont deserve our time, our efforts and our money. I wont give up from next week on I will start calling Codemasters support every day until i dont get a definitive answer !

BY PHONE
+44 (0) 1926 816 000

BY EMAIL
custservice@codemasters.com

Also @SharkyOB if you are in the UK (I am in NL) you can go kick their door ! They have 3 offices in the UK 

http://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

I'm super excited to hear nothing about this again in this week's roadbook 🙄

Edited by SharkyOB
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I'm super excited to hear nothing about this again in this week's roadbook 🙄

It is as sad as it can get mate 😞

34 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

As I thought:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-rally-2-0/09/the-dirt-roadbook-september-20-2019/

Why is it so difficult to just tell us one way or the other?

No way no news even now. Nothing. 

@PJTierney seriously man are you making fun of us or what ? At least we know you are just making fun of us and we know it. Instead we are here waiting as you said and still nothing not an hint, not a date, nothing. 

I'd like to believe, but the game does (sort of) work on Oculus and it specifically says Steam version at the bottom of the shot 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Something must have happened because I drove Greece last night.  Strange the absence of announcement (or not)

19 hours ago, NateFink said:

Something must have happened because I drove Greece last night.  Strange the absence of announcement (or not)

???? On the Oculus version you got Greece ? Really? Did you need to do any special stuff like uninstalling/reinstalling the game from Oculus Home ? Please explain man ! Thanks 

Edited by koog2003

On 9/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, koog2003 said:

No way no news even now. Nothing. 

@PJTierney seriously man are you making fun of us or what ? At least we know you are just making fun of us and we know it. Instead we are here waiting as you said and still nothing not an hint, not a date, nothing. 

When we’re in a position to communicate something, we’ll do so.

As of right now we haven't confirmed any specifics but once we do we'll get the word out to players.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, NateFink said:

This ad on twitter has me a little excited.  Note those hash tags.

The hashtags are templated, however the Alpine (car) is in the base game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, koog2003 said:

???? On the Oculus version you got Greece ? Really? Did you need to do any special stuff like uninstalling/reinstalling the game from Oculus Home ? Please explain man ! Thanks 

After the 1.81 update I also have Greece, Sweden and Wales in Oculus version. I can drive them on Freeplay but they haven't been on Daily or Weekly rally.

9 hours ago, Ukki1 said:

After the 1.81 update I also have Greece, Sweden and Wales in Oculus version. I can drive them on Freeplay but they haven't been on Daily or Weekly rally.

What ?? I dont have those things how is it possible ? How did you get them ?

image.png.703243adbeacef3342a4008538cf64ba.png

I have version 1.8 and I dont have Greece, Sweden and such .. what the hell ?
image.png.2da3f525e234f34e817e7e06525ec11c.png

@PJTierney are they lying ? I am going really nuts here .... Now I am very very very confused.

Edited by koog2003

10 hours ago, Ukki1 said:

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game so it gets downloaded again from the Oculus Home. Version is 1.8 no Sweden, no Greece, no Wales ... 
Either you have the Steam version or you are trolling us there is no other explanation.

10 hours ago, Ukki1 said:

Are you sure you have the Oculus version and not the Steam one ? What you are saying is basically impossible man ...

8 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Are you sure you have the Oculus version and not the Steam one ? What you are saying is basically impossible man ...

I have both versions, Steam and Oculus, but just tried it out and made sure that only the Oculus Home and Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus versions were running on the computer and I ran one stage in the Freeplay / Time trial section of Wales and Sweden.
I am already 64 years old rally crazy grandfather and I have no need for Trolling in such matters.

2 minutes ago, Ukki1 said:

I have both versions, Steam and Oculus, but just tried it out and made sure that only the Oculus Home and Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus versions were running on the computer and I ran one stage in the Freeplay / Time trial section of Wales and Sweden.
I am already 64 years old rally crazy grandfather and I have no need for Trolling in such matters.

But how is it possible man ? Why you have it and I dont ? This is so weird. You must have done something I dont get it. 
@PJTierney could you please help clarifying this ?

Edited by koog2003

40 minutes ago, Ukki1 said:

You must have done something. I checked the game folder and under locations I have Sweden, Greece and Wales but when I start the game I cannot find them anywhere in the game. In free play they are simply not there .... 
@PJTierney what is going on ? How is it possible some Oculus users have the extra tracks and the others no ? This is insane it is driving me NUTS !

@Ukki1 the fact is how did you get a version that is not available/existing ? There is no 1.81 available to download on Oculus Home. If you uninstall and reinstall you get 1.8 not 1.81 ... 

@PJTierney please man please let me understand how is this even possible ? This thing is driving me literally mad .. I dont understand what is going on. 

Edited by koog2003

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

@Ukki1 the fact is how did you get a version that is not available/existing ? There is no 1.81 available to download on Oculus Home. If you uninstall and reinstall you get 1.8 not 1.81 ... 

@PJTierney please man please let me understand how is this even possible ? This thing is driving me literally mad .. I dont understand what is going on. 

1.81 was a typo, I meant 1.8.
I already had a mention of additional countries in version 1.7 but then I thought I'd do it later and skip it. After that, I couldn't find it anywhere else. Now, after installing 1.8, a couple of hours later, there was another country announcement and I added YES. and additional countries were run in the Freeplay / Time Trial section.
ps. this is what I found in the purchase history of Oculus Home.

Dirt Oculus.PNG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Are you sure you watched the "Freeplay / Time Trial" section that there aren't those countries and cars?
We here in Finland are running the Club competition "4wd Finland Series" and it has four countries. In Steam I can drive all countries but in Oculus I can only drive the original countries of the game.