Sign in to follow this  

Controller disconnect every few minutes?

Sorry I couldn't help but fingers crossed that the fresh install works out for you

Have you tried the wheel in different usb ports?  I don't know what else to suggest, however, I do remember having a similar issue with my old G25 in the original Grid game!

yes i've tried all usb ports (2.0 and 3.0), but no changes...
I play on a HP laptop
Win 8.1 64 bits
graphics HD4000
i5 2.6ghz
8go Ram

I think i 've solved my problem !!!  \o/

I've looked a last time in the device manager, and infact, i have some usb controllers that have the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checked.

I've tried yesterday evening and i played 2 hours without any wheel disconnection !!

I don't understand why only Dirt has the problem...
But it seems to be solved !

I used to use a wireless XBOX 360 with Microsoft batteries. It would always disconnect unless I use the wired charger.

Now I use a XBOX One gamepad & no more disconnect.

Steering wheel disconnects and the message 'a wireless controller has disconnected' appears.

My set up is

Logitech G29(with manual gear stick selected)/PS4/Dirt Rally 

This only happens on Dirt Rally, the wheel works perfectly with Assetto Corsa and  Drive Club VR, never had a disconnect on these games. It has got worse in the last week and is happening every time I try to play Dirt Rally now and the wheel settings are lost every time it happens.

This bug needs sorting by Codemasters, it has spoilt a very good game and made it virtually unplayable.

I have found a fix for the problem.....the issue is Nvidia Geforce Experience and Nvidia encoder Codec used for capturing the game.

Fix for the issue:-
1. Ensure turn on the USB power modes as all high performance. Check the power modes.
2. Windows 8/7/10 - Device Manager-> Allow to turn off the device - Uncheck the check box.
3. Reinstall the Nvidia display driver without Geforce Experience. Install DDU clean the display driver and install the latest Nvidia driver in the custom mode.
4. Use Bandicam or OBS to record instead of ShadowPlay.
5. Don't use the Nvidia Hardware Encoder for capturing instead use M JPEG or non-Nvidia Codec to to capture. This will result in huge files like 20GB etc. This can then be recoded to smaller MP4 files using batch convert on Handbrake program.
6.This is tested and works fine 100% on Windows 8.1. No more controller disconnected!
7. Other solution is install Linux.

We can now Njoi and play Dirt Rally/GAS/Dirt 4 using wheel disconnects!