Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - Can't change livery or stage conditions (double mappings)

Question

I wasn't quite sure where to put this so I'll put it here.

I'm using a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel and I can't change liveries on the vehicles or stage conditions since the buttons seem to be double mapped. Button 1 is both "View Upgrades" and "Change Livery". Button 2 is both "Quick Select Menu" and "Change livery". None of them actually changes the livery, since the game seems to prioritize the first two functions. Is there a fix for this? Button 1 and 2 are also my buttons for shifting, but remapping them doesn't help.

Edit: This seems to have been fixed for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel now with the tarmac terrors update, but still nothing for the MOMO. Would be nice to get a comment from some sort of codies employee to assure us that they are aware of the problem

13 answers to this question

So how do you know that Cougar. I can't find info like that anywhere. My worry here is that people on forums can be very quick to criticize and generate negativity.

The last thing Codemasters want is negativity. Their stock has never been particularly high with hard core simmers and these kinds of problems only make things worse and damaging at this early stage.

If anyone out there has info then perhaps it can be posted on here

Regards

Mike

Same problem here. I use an old Thrustmaster force feedback racing wheel and I can't change liveries or stage conditions due to the double mapping. Only way is to change back to keyboard input and use F3 and F4, then change back to the wheel again. 

I've been having the same issue. Not too annoying; I just change the controls to and fro. Still would be nice to see a fix.

I use a Logitech MOMO racingwheel and am having the same problems too. If I unplug my racingwheel I can choose the car livery or wheather conditions, but when I start the race I have to configure the whole racingwheel again so that isn´t an option.

"Investigating
  • Error 41 – So you may have seen last week that we have been talking to Valve regarding the error 41 issue a few users are having. We'd made some changes which Valve asked us to and launched a beta patch for the users hit with error 41 last week, it doesn’t seem to have worked though. Thank you to everybody who helped test the patch, we’re passing what we learnt from your feedback on to Valve and we’ll keep you updated on our next steps.
  • Benchmark test doesn’t run correctly
  • Game doesn’t save – This looks like a result of some players tinkering with their XML files but if you haven’t been tinkering and are getting the issue please drop by this thread.
  • Input lag on some setups
  • Unable to change the livery on your car via the garage
  • Camera behaves weirdly when using a Dualshock 3 Controller
  • Changing the audio sliders has no effect on the volume"

Quote from Codemasters bug tracker. They know the problem exists at least so a fix shouldn't be that far away

I have a Momo too. I have the same issues, plus some more:

I cannot change livery nor track conditions. I also cannot prolonge contracts with mechanics or accept crew recommendations at repairing. All because there is no button assigned when using the Momo preset. Not even any keyboard key.
Before the ffb update I would not be forced to use the Momo preset and had a workaround by using keyboard settings plus wheel (could use f3 + f4 for changes then). But now I have to use the Momo settings because the keyboard preset doesn't have the advanced ffb settings I would need.
Career mode is just unplayable for me right now (cannot prolonge contracts, BIG issue). And since there is no multiplayer yet, this means for me the game itself is unplayable. This cannot be so hard to fix. Just assign f3 and f4 to those menu points. Problem solved (but I am just guessing here ) ;)

Since the Momo is one of the more popular wheels, and since the problem is now known for some time I really hope CM will fix it asap.
Btw: The new ffb is awesome! Keep up the good work codies. I count on you.

You should be able to switch to keyboards, extend contracts, change liveries and so on, start a rally and then switch to the wheel. Works for me, and I'm using a MOMO as well. Not the ideal solution though.

Matterias said:

I wasn't quite sure where to put this so I'll put it here.

I'm using a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel and I can't change liveries on the vehicles since the buttons seem to be double mapped. Button 1 is both "View Upgrades" and "Change Livery". Button 2 is both "Quick Select Menu" and "Change livery". None of them actually changes the livery, since the game seems to prioritize the first two functions. Is there a fix for this? Button 1 and 2 are also my buttons for shifting, but remapping them doesn't help.

Solution:
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\input
2. Open lg_momo_racing.xml -file (backup before you make changes)
3. Change "FE Actions" (lines 72 =>) to look like this:

<!-- FE Actions -->
  <Action id="Menu Left">
  <Axis id="di_button_6" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right">
  <Axis id="di_button_7" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Up">
  <Axis id="di_button_2" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Down">
  <Axis id="di_button_4" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
  <Axis id="di_button_3" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">
  <Axis id="di_button_5" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">
  <Axis id="di_button_0" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
  <Axis id="di_button_1" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Left Shoulder">
  <Axis id="di_button_9" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right Shoulder">
  <Axis id="di_button_8" />
  </Action>

4.Save file
5.This allows you to change livery etc. from gear stick.