Wheel is nerfed?

Posted (edited)

I just tried to beat my Spain TT with the same setup that I set about a month ago. 

i can’t even come close. I am consistently .200 slower. Spend over two hours trying to break even, and believer me, it wasn’t quick in the first place. Top14% which is bad for me. 

i even opened up my laptop to record and compare my best time with a UDP telemetry app to see if I had picked up a habit. Answer is no. My outputs are almost identical. 

this is crazy and now I am convinced the wheel is nerfed. I have the data. 

Edited by ShelbyUSA
  • Agree 1

It's a big issue here that Wheel is suddenly 1-1.5 seconds slower than the pad. Codemasters does nothing about it. It also doesn't bring anything forum moderator to mark about @Faya . Like Codemasters themselves, they are worth nothing. 

This unfair problem Wheel / Pad is probably not corrected. Consider not buying F1 2020. 

• Agree 3

They're going to really need to up the marketing and gimmicks for 2020 to get new players. Way too many other options for wheel users, even on console. 

The game is a game pad, t-bar, and assist festival.  

• Agree 2

Why have all PAD drivers been so much faster since the last patches?
I am starting to feel that the PAD driver has clear advantages over the steering wheel driver, that's just not normal.

I do not want to talk about the assists at all, because there is hardly a difference.

And what are you doing in Singapore, there is always a wall bug, that's so since your 2017 game, unbelievable.
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Achilles7 said:

Why have all PAD drivers been so much faster since the last patches?
I am starting to feel that the PAD driver has clear advantages over the steering wheel driver, that's just not normal.

I do not want to talk about the assists at all, because there is hardly a difference.

And what are you doing in Singapore, there is always a wall bug, that's so since your 2017 game, unbelievable.

I haven’t done Singapore yet. I focus 100% on league racing, as we are only on Spain. WOR hasn’t started, so I am hoping @Faya and team fix this. My current standings with ILR is unrecoverable. 

23 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

I just tried to beat my Spain TT with the same setup that I set about a month ago. 

i can’t even come close. I am consistently .200 slower. Spend over two hours trying to break even, and believer me, it wasn’t quick in the first place. Top14% which is bad for me. 

i even opened up my laptop to record and compare my best time with a UDP telemetry app to see if I had picked up a habit. Answer is no. My outputs are almost identical. 

this is crazy and now I am convinced the wheel is nerfed. I have the data. 

could you have possibly set the original time before the patch that changed how the handling of the cars worked?

I believe it was fair at release, no assist drivers who bothered to practice and learn the cars and tracks actually had a slight advantage over psd users with all assists on. Then sadly the casual padders being the huge majority (and market for $$$) complained that people who spent time practicing and getting better were actually beating them. So they got their wish in a patch. People who have played less than 10 mins can now go online and beat pro drivers right away. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I believe it was fair at release, no assist drivers who bothered to practice and learn the cars and tracks actually had a slight advantage over psd users with all assists on. Then sadly the casual padders being the huge majority (and market for $$$) complained that people who spent time practicing and getting better were actually beating them. So they got their wish in a patch. People who have played less than 10 mins can now go online and beat pro drivers right away. 

@Faya when is this changed again.

It can not stay that way ...

• Agree 1