Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daily challenges

Hi, I did the Mini daily challenge last night but could only seem to do it once? Is that correct, if so that is hardcore lol, post your best one time only?

That's exactly the way it should be though.
Real rally drivers don't get to re-run the same stage all day, to see if they can improve their times.

NoOneNBA said:
That's exactly the way it should be though.
Real rally drivers don't get to re-run the same stage all day, to see if they can improve their times.
I don't disagree, it was just it was my first race and I did rather badly lol, if it is that way it's no problem just wanted to know if it is by design and if so it should be no problem setting up a custom event to have a couple of practise runs and then set a time.

RWBSUPERCHARGER said:
if so it should be no problem setting up a custom event to have a couple of practise runs and then set a time.
I get bored running the same stage more than once.

I'd love to see randomly generated stages put up for the challenges, with the same one-and-done setup.
That would put the emphasis on driver skill, and ability to follow pace notes, rather than who has run the stage most, and memorized it best.

NoOneNBA said:
RWBSUPERCHARGER said:
if so it should be no problem setting up a custom event to have a couple of practise runs and then set a time.
I get bored running the same stage more than once.

I'd love to see randomly generated stages put up for the challenges, with the same one-and-done setup.
That would put the emphasis on driver skill, and ability to follow pace notes, rather than who has run the stage most, and memorized it best.
I agree again lol ,just need some practise, it's been a while doing proper rallying.

I loved terminal damage on DiRT 2.
I was able to get a lot of "fastest guy who didn't drive off a cliff" wins, even when drinking heavily.

NoOneNBA said:
I loved terminal damage on DiRT 2.
I was able to get a lot of "fastest guy who didn't drive off a cliff" wins, even when drinking heavily.
Its possible to drive off cliffs in DiRT Rally or crash so badly to force you to retire the stage. That's actually what happened to me in today's daily challenge.

In career mode I'd just restart and take the credit hit but no chance with the one go dailies.

aMarsh said:
In career mode I'd just restart and take the credit hit but no chance with the one go dailies.
That's why I love the way they have them set up.
I actually managed to go over one of the walls on Monte Carlo yesterday.
I also love that shying away from the cliff too far will cause you to hit stuff on the mountain side of the road that will throw you off the cliff anyway.

Dailes? I can go better than that. I just binned it 11 stages into the first monthly challenge! Now I finally understand how Robert Kubica feels every rally...

Hi, I did the Mini daily challenge last night but could only seem to do it once? Is that correct, if so that is hardcore lol, post your best one time only?
Yup, its a 1 shot deal :D